music news

Happier Than Ever #1 on multiple charts and breaks records

TheSlash

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway

37 million streams for first day is really good. A slight decline but good nonetheless 

Ziggy

Honestly wasn’t expecting much from the album but thought it was really good, with the title track being an obvious standout. I actually don’t know why NDA and I Think Therefore I Am are on it. They don’t fit super well.

but all in all, I like it a lot. It’s definitely more subdued, but the content and songwriting is really strong. Not a ton of “bops” but that wasn’t really the point of the album. The bops there are, like the title track and Oxytocin, are REALLY good. I loved the spoken word bit.

Wet Fire

There are a few really really beautiful songs and bops. Haley's Comet, Everybody Dies, Happier Than Ever. I think some songs don't go anywhere. And some only sound good/great while you play the album in full, but aren't good as standalone songs. But I'm really glad she ditched the trap influence of her debut album.

RichAssPiss

It's a brilliant album, better than her first. She's settled in for the long haul. 

Agunimon

How can you listen to this album and call it boring?

Unless you exclusively listen to music for pop bangers you can shake your ass to.
Then why listen to Billie in the first place?

BlingNotTheMusic

Love seeing all the haters and doubters come to this thread :billie:

She did THAT :billie:

AGAIN :billie:

The album really is close to perfection, and I haven't stopped playing it. Not any tracks I would remove, unlike with her debut album. 

Y'all better get used to her and start drinking the Kool Aid :billie:

TheSlash
3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

How can you listen to this album and call it boring?

Unless you exclusively listen to music for pop bangers you can shake your ass to.
Then why listen to Billie in the first place?

They're probably listening to the first 5 seconds of "Getting Older" and then be like

Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

:billie:

Ew, David!

Agunimon
Just now, TheSlash said:

They're probably listening to the first 5 seconds of "Getting Older" and then be like

Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

:billie:

So sad, but I do agree. The lyrics on that song are spectacular. 

TheSlash
10 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

So sad, but I do agree. The lyrics on that song are spectacular. 

Agree. But my favorite lyrics are actually from Halley's Comet:

Halley's Comet
Comes around more than I do
But you're all it takes for me to break a promise
Silly me to fall in love with you

I mean.... :cryga:. Billie somehow manages it to make me relate to her songs about love every single time :nooo:. This is the "i love you" of this album and if the title track and Oxytocin wouldn't exist, this would be my absolute favorite :diane: .

EDIT: Now GOLDWING and OverHeated are growing so much on me :cryga: . Watch the whole album being my holy "trinity" :duck:.

Ew, David!

I have to say I gave it a chance but it sounded like a 1 hour song. Put it together with her first album then it's a 2 hour song, it all sounded the same to me :selena:. Honestly I hate music nowadays, it's so bland and repetitive :saladga: 

Ronk

I'll bet Billie is happier than ever.  Glad to see it.

I live outside the space time continuum.

renly0910

Billie Bossa Nova so catchy and beautiful, not sure why they chose YP (which is a good song but definitely not single material)

renly0910
1 hour ago, dove said:

I have to say I gave it a chance but it sounded like a 1 hour song. Put it together with her first album then it's a 2 hour song, it all sounded the same to me :selena:. Honestly I hate music nowadays, it's so bland and repetitive :saladga: 

The songs sound so different separately I don't know what you're talking about. Imagine saying Oxytocin, Billie Bossa Nova and Happier Than Ever sound the same :shocked: Plus the album is not bland and repetitive at all if you focus on the instrumentals, production wise it's so good and fresh

Archived