šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Happier Than Ever reviews

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Billie's sophomore album was released yesterday. A day later,Ā reviews have started rolling in. The album seems to be very well recieved by critics (and listeners) so far.Ā 

Metacritic score: 90 (based onĀ 10 reviews)

User Rating: 8.3Ā 

Ā 

Reviews from Metacritic:Ā 

Consequence: 100

"With this collection, she proves that she was not just a shot in the dark or a blaze lighting up the sky for only a moment."

NME: 100

"ā€˜Happier Than Everā€™ fully establishes Billie Eilish as one of her generationā€™s most significant pop artists ā€“ and, better still, does so without repeating a single trick from the debut that turned her life upside down."

Variety: 91

"Itā€™s an album that feels more intimate than the first one, and the first one was pretty intimate. ... Itā€™s a fabulous headphones record."

Slant: 80

"The album also nudges Eilish beyond the trip-hop and trap sounds that dominated her past work, resulting in a more sonically diverse set that allows the singerā€”whose downbeat vocals have often been compared to Lordeā€™sā€”to explore the more textured, melodic aspects of her voice."

The Independent (UK): 80

"Happier Than Ever is full of things most of us donā€™t have to deal with ā€“ NDAs, interviews, paparazzi ā€“ and yet Eilish weaves them around universal woes, with such a knack for sharp, insightful lyrics that it never comes across like her diamond shoes are too tight."

The Telegraph (UK): 80

"The 16-song set flows beautifully, carrying listeners on an emotional journey in which surprising musical twists and glittering barbs of lyrical empowerment cast optimistic light on a long dark night of Billieā€™s tortured soul."

The Line of Best Fit: 60

"On Happier Than Ever the tempo never quite reaches fever pitch; instead, Eilish is content with the tranquillity of tried and tested methods - tentatively pushing boundaries, rather than cranking the distortion up to 10."

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BlingNotTheMusic

Not you and I both posting Bill E Eyelash threads at the exact same timeĀ :billie:

AURAOFSHEISSE

Iā€™m waiting for pitchfork:haroon:

ā€œHands on your knees, Iā€™m Angelina Jolieā€

BlingNotTheMusic

It definitely deserves 90+ imo. Not really one song I don't enjoy. My main critique is that the placement of the songs could be tweaked. Title track shouldĀ definitelyĀ be last and there's too many bops followed by "ballads", it's too stark of a contrast to keep up withĀ :lolly:

FFXIV WhiteMage

Happier Than Ever scalped my sorry hateful arse and is my favorite song of the year.

Ā 

Black Girl Period GIF

Ā 

Together with Deja VuĀ :ally:

alsemanche
13 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Not you and I both posting Bill E Eyelash threads at the exact same timeĀ :billie:

Welcome to Billie Eilish DailyĀ :whitney:

littlepotter

I've seen so many haters-to-stan converts too :legend:

chaeri pls

TheSlash
Just now, littlepotter said:

I've seen so many haters-to-stan converts too :legend:

About time Miss Billie gets the recognition she deserves :whitney:Ā .

OT: I love the album. The one thing I don't like is that the title track is not closing the album :awkney: .

Ew, David!

Original Diva

Not going to lie, prior to its release i had pretty much lost all hope in the record due to the pretty lack lustre singles ( i loved therefore i am and nda.Ā I liked your power and my future, though they had no replay value for me. I still strongly dislike Lost cause), but i thought it was a really good record that surprised me and i think will continue to grow on me.Ā 

I think the album cover and singles promised a different album (which did not necessarily appeal to me), but i am very happy with this record! I was genuinely under the impression that this might be her sophomore slump..

excuse me no

alsemanche
6 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

lmao so much for "having her flop era" :billie:

That's what happens when stans take chart performance of singlesĀ as the only metric for successĀ :billie:

Archived