💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Oxytocin Tho

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

VasilisVas

I’m not a Billie fan by any means and find her songs to be a snooze fest with her annoying whispers,  but Oxytocin is in fact genius. I listened to the rest of the album and found it completely boring. I was very impressed with the vocals she served in Oxytocin, tho. I was impressed she can actually sing when she’s not whispering. I wish she made more songs like this. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
5 hours ago, Harry said:

I love the implication that it would be something obscenely wrong had she had sex on the day before her 18th birthday, for example. What if she had been in the UK and lost her virginity before 18, since the age of consent is 16? Would it be ok then? It’s literally arbitrary depending on where you are. Nobody really cares that much except in obviously more extreme/dangerous cases. 

Well, it would be wrong, considering it would be, you know, illegal. We can argue about how you don't suddenly become so much more mature from one day to the next but that doesn't mean anything in the eyes of the law. I said in the reply that I'd view it differently if she was from the UK where it's 16 but when I discovered how consent ages vary from state to state and how there's laws around age gaps as well, it makes me look at Americans and their sexual habits differently. When it's in America, you suddenly start treating it all very differently and Americans themselves should be aware of this and not take that chance. And people care very much when they could be arrested for underage sex. I remember when a list was conducted of all the things that the public didn't realise were actually illegal and having underage sex was one of them. So it is a big deal really.

BlingNotTheMusic
4 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

I’m not a Billie fan by any means and find her songs to be a snooze fest with her annoying whispers,  but Oxytocin is in face genius. I listened to the rest of the album and found it completely boring. I was very impressed with the vocals she served in Oxytocin, tho. I was impressed she can actually sing when she’s not whispering. I wish she made more songs like this. 

Props for your honesty. I expect to hear Oxytocin in every gay club and bathhouse in the world :billie:

BlingNotTheMusic
16 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, it would be wrong, considering it would be, you know, illegal. We can argue about how you don't suddenly become so much more mature from one day to the next but that doesn't mean anything in the eyes of the law. I said in the reply that I'd view it differently if she was from the UK where it's 16 but when I discovered how consent ages vary from state to state and how there's laws around age gaps as well, it makes me look at Americans and their sexual habits differently. When it's in America, you suddenly start treating it all very differently and Americans themselves should be aware of this and not take that chance. And people care very much when they could be arrested for underage sex. I remember when a list was conducted of all the things that the public didn't realise were actually illegal and having underage sex was one of them. So it is a big deal really.

I see where you're coming from, but I would argue majority of people lost their virginity before the age of 18. I was 15. And it's actually more of a recent cultural shift as people in the early 1900s and before got married at 13. My great grandmother was 12. 

Stream Oxytocin for healthy hormone production :billie:

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I see where you're coming from, but I would argue majority of people lost their virginity before the age of 18. I was 15. And it's actually more of a recent cultural shift as people in the early 1900s and before got married at 13. My great grandmother was 12.

Just because a lot of people have done it doesn't make it ok or right. And it certainly doesn't make it legal. And in cases where one was underage but the other was an adult, they could be up on statutory rape charges. Yes, times shift, but as does consent laws and it's very different from the 1900's to now. And so many people talk like literally everyone is doing it and lost it young which only puts more pressure on those who haven't and who subsequently think there's something wrong with them. I'm 31 and still haven't done it (not through lack of trying, believe me). Gen Z are living a very different existence to previous generations, that's for sure and I think it's sad how so many are growing up so fast. Having sex young is one thing, doing it underage is quite another. There's a reason most people who lost it early say they wish they'd waited until they were older.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Just because a lot of people have done it doesn't make it ok or right. And it certainly doesn't make it legal. And in cases where one was underage but the other was an adult, they could be up on statutory rape charges. Yes, times shift, but as does consent laws and it's very different from the 1900's to now. And so many people talk like literally everyone is doing it and lost it young which only puts more pressure on those who haven't and who subsequently think there's something wrong with them. I'm 31 and still haven't done it (not through lack of trying, believe me). Gen Z are living a very different existence to previous generations, that's for sure and I think it's sad how so many are growing up so fast. Having sex young is one thing, doing it underage is quite another. There's a reason most people who lost it early say they wish they'd waited until they were older.

I didn't realize this about you and thank you for sharing. Maybe I was just a slutty 15yo (jk he was my bf) :kiss:

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I didn't realize this about you and thank you for sharing. Maybe I was just a slutty 15yo (jk he was my bf) :kiss:

Yeah, I've always been very self-conscious about it, keep it quiet and just let people think what they may. When you get to a certain age, people just assume you've done it anyway, so I just prefer to let them assume. A mixture of being shy, not a party animal, living at home with very protective parents and wanting to wait for a relationship for someone to lose it to kept my options limited. I know looks aren't a factor at all (100% success rate when having my photo shown with "would you?") and I could easily cast that label off tonight if I wanted to. But I wanted the connection. Even that standard has dimmed over time and I've tried and failed to set things up but to no avail although there might be hope in the future, though I dare not jinx it. It always makes me feel odd when I hear about teenagers being so experienced, partly because I don't want the image of underage people in my mind but partly because it makes me wonder what I was doing wrong in my teens and why nothing has ever worked out for me all these years when it worked out for everyone else.

We don't need to shame ourselves for what we have and haven't done. As long as you didn't suffer any psychological trauma from it, it's just one of my life's choices that leads us down a road to improving things. So many people have sexual regrets and along with that and I've avoided all that,so it's one upside at least.

Harry
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You said Billie was sheltered but maybe it’s you. You think all people wait until the age of consent...? You think teens, say, 15 or 16 are at risk of getting in legal trouble for having sex with each other...?

Is the law really the entire basis for your moral compass? Troubling if so.

Damon

it hss a cool afrobest vibe to it, love the production so much

... and now i just sit in silence.

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Harry said:

You said Billie was sheltered but maybe it’s you. You think all people wait until the age of consent...? You think teens, say, 15 or 16 are at risk of getting in legal trouble for having sex with each other...?

Is the law really the entire basis for your moral compass? Troubling if so.

She was home-schooled and says herself and it shows in her documentary how involved her parents have been in nurturing her career and keeping her grounded and safe to make sure she wouldn't go off the rails with fame. She lived with her parents up until 2019 and still spends the night at their place frequently. I find it odd that her parents kept her so protected but let her date a 20 year old when she was 17, though. I didn't say all people wait until the age of consent but in cases like this, where the teenager is very close to their parents, you'd imagine that the parents would know of any relationship their child has, would know of any sleeping over arrangements and probably know the exact moment their child had become sexually active and maybe even discussed things with them beforehand. I just wonder at what point her parents allowed this kinda stuff considering how close she was to the age of consent until fairly recently. And also wonder why anyone would feel comfortable singing about sex when they're this close to their parents who likely know all their experience levels. I know I wouldn't have the guts to do that.

My moral compass correlates with the law for the most part. But I also believe that just because something is legal doesn't make it right. I really don't see why the fact that I believe that the age of consent should be upheld and respected to protect minors is a troubling mindset. Surely the opposite would be more troubling?

Harry
10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She was home-schooled and says herself and it shows in her documentary how involved her parents have been in nurturing her career and keeping her grounded and safe to make sure she wouldn't go off the rails with fame. She lived with her parents up until 2019 and still spends the night at their place frequently. I find it odd that her parents kept her so protected but let her date a 20 year old when she was 17, though. I didn't say all people wait until the age of consent but in cases like this, where the teenager is very close to their parents, you'd imagine that the parents would know of any relationship their child has, would know of any sleeping over arrangements and probably know the exact moment their child had become sexually active and maybe even discussed things with them beforehand. I just wonder at what point her parents allowed this kinda stuff considering how close she was to the age of consent until fairly recently. And also wonder why anyone would feel comfortable singing about sex when they're this close to their parents who likely know all their experience levels. I know I wouldn't have the guts to do that.

My moral compass correlates with the law for the most part. But I also believe that just because something is legal doesn't make it right. I really don't see why the fact that I believe that the age of consent should be upheld and respected to protect minors is a troubling mindset. Surely the opposite would be more troubling?

I think at some point you have to wonder if you’re thinking too much about the sex life of a teenager

StrawberryBlond
8 hours ago, Harry said:

I think at some point you have to wonder if you’re thinking too much about the sex life of a teenager

I'm only thinking about it because she brought it up in her songs. I'm not interested in or have an opinion on anyone's sex life until they want to start making it public. But I appreciate that you didn't judge me for being a virgin at least.

Mister G

I appreciate her level of success and commend that she’s doing so well at her age. I wasn’t too crazy about the overall album after listening to the whole thing…but I will say this song was very genius. There were a few others but this one stood out to me the most in a very good way.

badfaith

This really reminded me of Ding Dong from Katya's album 

JohnWayne92

This song is everything.

Also, can’t help but hear similarities to 911, and I’m not meaning that in a shady way at all. However, most everyone here LOVES that song… so why all the shade for Oxytocin? It’s a bop. 

When I first started listening to Billie, this is what I imagined she would sound like. It’s a bit more…out there for lack of a better term and I enjoy it 

Archived