gypsy101
13 hours ago, Dominic said:

It's the only track on the album that I can see myself replaying!Ā 

the title song is a complete and totalĀ masterpiece though

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge

Itā€™s definitely experimental. Not my cup of tea, but interesting nevertheless.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I love the song but her age does make me feel a bit odd to hear this. Kinda weird she wrote this with her brother, although a family connection on sexual songs has been done before but at least it was with siblings who were well into their 20's. I don't have a problem with her singing about this stuff but she is only 19 and considering the age of consent in California is 18, I do wonder how old she was when she did this. Considering how sheltered her parents kept her it makes me wonder what they knew about and allowed. It's the question I've always pondered: how do singers sing about sex when they know their family is going to listen to all their work? Especially when they're barely of legal age? It was one of the main reasons I ultimately chose not to become a singer. I'm considered too much the innocent one in my entire family. I'd die of embarrassment if I had to show my real self through my music.

She did say sheā€™dĀ seduce someoneā€™s dad at 16 years old in bad guy so :rip:Ā 

Harry
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I love the song but her age does make me feel a bit odd to hear this. Kinda weird she wrote this with her brother, although a family connection on sexual songs has been done before but at least it was with siblings who were well into their 20's. I don't have a problem with her singing about this stuff but she is only 19 and considering the age of consent in California is 18, I do wonder how old she was when she did this. Considering how sheltered her parents kept her it makes me wonder what they knew about and allowed. It's the question I've always pondered: how do singers sing about sex when they know their family is going to listen to all their work? Especially when they're barely of legal age? It was one of the main reasons I ultimately chose not to become a singer. I'm considered too much the innocent one in my entire family. I'd die of embarrassment if I had to show my real self through my music.

You find it weird that a singer over the age of consent is singing about sex? Why make a point of her age? Canā€™t help but feel like youā€™re projecting here. A lot of people lose their virginity in their teens and that is their choice - the fact that you think it should be shamed or silenced says more about you than anybody else.

BlingNotTheMusic

Not people coming for Billie's (healthy) expression of sexuality when Bieber and other male stars did the same thing at her ageĀ :billie:

alsemanche

Some of y'all really need to get off her back and stop judging and scrutinizing everything she does.Ā 

The song is a bop and I was floored while listening to it. I didnt expect her to get kinky (especially not after my futureĀ :air:) but the shock was effective.Ā 

And I did think about the fact that Finneas is a writer on it but I highly doubt she just went to him and said hey I wanna write a kinky song and they wrote down everything together. She probably wrote the song then they tweaked it together, hence his writing credits. He's still her main collaborator after all soĀ obviously he has to work on this kind of stuff too.

Ā 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

We have to stan!Ā 

i love the lyricsĀ :pray:

giving me Britney and Marylin Manson vibesĀ :music:

You chew beef, I wear meat.

Chromatica Island

It's good, but the fact that her brother worked on it with her is just kinda weird:green:

Any/All Pronouns, GenderfluidšŸ³ā€āš§

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

She did say sheā€™dĀ seduce someoneā€™s dad at 16 years old in bad guy so :rip:Ā 

Yeah but I felt that line was referring to a perception people had of what type of person she was as opposed to who she actually is, I don't think it was meant to be taken literally. This kinda song is a bit more personal and specific, shall we say.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

You find it weird that a singer over the age of consent is singing about sex? Why make a point of her age? Canā€™t help but feel like youā€™re projecting here. A lot of people lose their virginity in their teens and that is their choice - the fact that you think it should be shamed or silenced says more about you than anybody else.

She's not long become legal, though. I make a point of her age because it makes me wonder how long ago she wrote this and if she's talking about something that happened more than a year ago, you know? It's nothing to do with shaming or silencing anyone who had sex at a young but legal age but merely questioning if they're referring to something that happened when they were underage. If 16 was legal where she lived, I wouldn't be as bothered, but it's 18 and she's only 19, so it makes me wonder. By the time she's around 21, it won't be a big deal but when she's this close to the borderline, it just makes me wonder what went on here. If this were her debut appearance as an artist, it wouldn't really be an issue but considering she started out as a minor, it's difficult to get out the way of seeing her in that image for a while because we've only been used to her being a child up until this point. It's weird when any child star makes the transition into adulthood. It's just like when kid actors become adults and start swearing in movies and doing sex scenes. It's just weird for the first few years until they're in their 20's at least, most of us feel that way.

1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Not people coming for Billie's (healthy) expression of sexuality when Bieber and other male stars did the same thing at her ageĀ :billie:

This is a common response when concern is raised about a female artist. It's assumed we have no problem with their male peers doing the same thing. I actually do, my concern is always equal opportunities. But for what it's worth, girls are a lot more vulnerable, especially in this crazy industry. But certainly, male popstars are in a way, sexualised far more than females as most of them are valued almost completely for their looks by their fans who scream at the mere sight of them even when they're fully-clothed.

BlingNotTheMusic
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Some of y'all really need to get off her back and stop judging and scrutinizing everything she does.Ā 

The song is a bop and I was floored while listening to it. I didnt expect her to get kinky (especially not after my futureĀ :air:) but the shock was effective.Ā 

And I did think about the fact that Finneas is a writer on it but I highly doubt she just went to him and said hey I wanna write a kinky song and they wrote down everything together. She probably wrote the song then they tweaked it together, hence his writing credits. He's still her main collaborator after all soĀ obviously he has to work on this kind of stuff too.

Ā 

This. People hate to see women express their sexuality.

BlingNotTheMusic
2 hours ago, Nano said:

We have to stan!Ā 

i love the lyricsĀ :pray:

giving me Britney and Marylin Manson vibesĀ :music:

Omg if Manson weren't so problematic, imagine a collabĀ :giveup:

Harry
12 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah but I felt that line was referring to a perception people had of what type of person she was as opposed to who she actually is, I don't think it was meant to be taken literally. This kinda song is a bit more personal and specific, shall we say.

She's not long become legal, though. I make a point of her age because it makes me wonder how long ago she wrote this and if she's talking about something that happened more than a year ago, you know? It's nothing to do with shaming or silencing anyone who had sex at a young but legal age but merely questioning if they're referring to something that happened when they were underage. If 16 was legal where she lived, I wouldn't be as bothered, but it's 18 and she's only 19, so it makes me wonder. By the time she's around 21, it won't be a big deal but when she's this close to the borderline, it just makes me wonder what went on here. If this were her debut appearance as an artist, it wouldn't really be an issue but considering she started out as a minor, it's difficult to get out the way of seeing her in that image for a while because we've only been used to her being a child up until this point. It's weird when any child star makes the transition into adulthood. It's just like when kid actors become adults and start swearing in movies and doing sex scenes. It's just weird for the first few years until they're in their 20's at least, most of us feel that way.

This is a common response when concern is raised about a female artist. It's assumed we have no problem with their male peers doing the same thing. I actually do, my concern is always equal opportunities. But for what it's worth, girls are a lot more vulnerable, especially in this crazy industry. But certainly, male popstars are in a way, sexualised far more than females as most of them are valued almost completely for their looks by their fans who scream at the mere sight of them even when they're fully-clothed.

I love the implication that it would be something obscenely wrong had she had sex on the day before her 18th birthday, for example. What if she had been in the UK and lost her virginity before 18, since the age of consent is 16? Would it be ok then? Itā€™s literally arbitrary depending on where you are.Ā Nobody really cares that much except in obviously more extreme/dangerous cases.Ā 

Beatsss

Reading through the comments here feels weird honestly... She's 19.. she's an adult who isn't ashamed of her sexuality obviously and I think (pls don't take any offence ppl)Ā  it's a bit prudish to say how it's "weird" to make a song with her brother talking about her sexual experiences ...Ā 

Being famous like she is means being under a microscope 24/7, thus being a very open person. She decided to sing these lyrics for the whole world to hear, so recording this with her brother must not have been "weird" in any certain way for her.

I'm saying this is a far too open and over-sharing person though, so maybe it's just me... anyhow it's one of the MANY songs she blew me away with off the album.

Archived