💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Missing 'HoG buzz'

Ghost Face

Featured Posts

Ghost Face

No shade, no hate, just a real question:

is it just me or does the House of Gucci trailer not have a lot of impact? I kinda miss the buzz..

I understand that we are a bit spoiled with A Star Is Born, but I expected a little more media attention..
 Maybe it's there tho and I just don't know it, but all I can find are a few unknown youtubers reviewing the trailer.

So... please share articles, tweets, reviews and videos about the trailer coming from the GP / critics.

:pawsup:

It's an honor.

FATCAT

It's not even finished so screeners haven't gone out, we're way ahead of constant buzz. 

That being said, it's been all over TV & has been trending all day. I'm not sure what else you're looking for..

Purr more, hiss less.

Reality

I see what you're saying. It's interesting to me that the trailer, so far, doesn't seem to have the same "impact" as ASIB. I think it's sort of two things. 1.) no original music, which did help ASIB and 2.) ASIB was special because it was Gaga's feature film debut. You only get an opportunity like that once.

That said, it's still doing pretty well though. It's certainly going to be one of the most talked about Oscar contenders for next year.

EDIT - Maybe it also has to do with the time they released the trailer. They should've released it in the morning or early afternoon tbh. That way, the media coverage could've been happening all day for the rest of the day. 

🖤👹

MadreMonster

I wouldn’t worry about it. There’s nothing we can do to change it and I’m sure it will still perform well.

Shipper

I remember that people truly talked about ASIB when she attended the Venice Film Festival and comments from critics have started coming in. So the next few weeks, more festivals and critics started tweeting about it which created excitement from the gp.

Those were the days we were being fed. 

:giveup:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Stef

I think you’re expecting too much too soon. The trailer for ASIB dropped in June but it wasn’t until August that the campaign riled up and suddenly the trailer was everywhere and it was getting a lot of press 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

River

tbh no single movie this year had a buzz until release

people are just depressed by covid so like they still wonder if they will be able to watch it

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Mother of Puppies

It was on German tv :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Joshie S

It's been trending on my Twitter since the trailer dropped, it's only going to increase from here. 

Relax, little monster.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

LaLa

I've seen lot of entertainment media talking about it. All the big ones have articles about it, and I've seen plenty of buzz in twitter

You're right that it doesn't have quite the level of ASIB, but I think that was truly on another level that we shouldn't really expect every time. 

mr.peter
Justin Drew Bieber

It got like 20M views across all platforms in its first 24 hrs

LateToCult
58 minutes ago, Alice 911 said:

No shade, no hate, just a real question:

is it just me or does the House of Gucci trailer not have a lot of impact? I kinda miss the buzz..

I understand that we are a bit spoiled with A Star Is Born, but I expected a little more media attention..
 Maybe it's there tho and I just don't know it, but all I can find are a few unknown youtubers reviewing the trailer.

So... please share articles, tweets, reviews and videos about the trailer coming from the GP / critics.

:pawsup:

ASIB trailer premiered in the morning/noon so American media picked it up the day of. HOG premiered late yesterday so it naturally got less coverage. But yes, the trailer did get less buzz on Twitter because I remember ASIB trended at #1 and Gucci reached like #8 in the US. Shouldn’t be too big of a deal though.

PunkTheFunk

Hype for ASIB didn't ramp up until around the Venice Film Festival. Just give it some time.

Archived