💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

My House Of Gucci Fanmade Posters

fraann

Featured Posts

OMonster

This looks amazing. Your font choice is so much better than what they went with. I find the lack of continuous branding really irritating. The typography in the trailer is much more 'Gucci' than in the posters. I don't understand the decision there. 

subtext / fantasy

Just now, OMonster said:

This looks amazing. Your font choice is so much better than what they went with. I find the lack of continuous branding really irritating. The typography in the trailer is much more 'Gucci' than in the posters. I don't understand the decision there. 

Totally. Don't get why they went with a basic sans serif font for the logo in the official posters, the trailer font they used is way better and embodies some Gucci essence

nightadieu

I love these :wub: the serif font definitely makes more sense but that particular one is very bold – with a more intricate one, like the brand actually uses, it would totally give Gucci vibes :giveup:

14 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Looking at the brand’s ads from the 80s and 90s, they have been inconsistent and used both serif and non serif fonts. Totally agree however that they should have stocked with one 

Blastertoyo
24 minutes ago, OMonster said:

It makes sense to me though, the trailer is much more focused on pulling references the common person would understand, the keywords flashing on the screen to tell the GP what subject matters are in the movie, show some suspense, comedy, camp, glamour, opulence. The choice of the Gucci brand colours and aesthetics makes much more sense for the trailer since it’s trying to reach the widest audience possible and tell them what the movie could be like.

the movie posters are very focused on the actors being the faces of the movie, after all, their faces are worth millions and will sell the movie 

please enlighten me to death

nightadieu
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

It makes sense to me though, the trailer is much more focused on pulling references the common person would understand, the keywords flashing on the screen to tell the GP what subject matters are in the movie, show some suspense, comedy, camp, glamour, opulence. The choice of the Gucci brand colours and aesthetics makes much more sense for the trailer since it’s trying to reach the widest audience possible and tell them what the movie could be like.

the movie posters are very focused on the actors being the faces of the movie, after all, their faces are worth millions and will sell the movie 

Hm interesting but a serif font wouldn’t take away the focus from the faces :bear:

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, nightadieu said:

Hm interesting but a serif font wouldn’t take away the focus from the faces :bear:

I just meant how you said the trailer was much more “Gucci aesthetics”

please enlighten me to death

nightadieu
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

I just meant how you said the trailer was much more “Gucci aesthetics”

You mean @OMonster :)

Obviously the trailer goes more in depth but that adds nothing to the fact that the font on the posters falls out of place considering that even in the trailer the “House of Gucci” logo is in its typical serif font, so why did they choose a non serif for the posters? 

246-D5589-AADE-44-D1-99-D9-08007-C65280-

Archived