Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Emma Stone is considering suing disney over cruella release

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Omegahedron
14 hours ago, Tayko said:

Rich people problems :awkney:

This is important for the future of cinemas and the way we watch films. If you've an interest and passion for the communal experience of going into town to watch a movie, then I think these lawsuits will help the cause.

That said, eventually the top billed stars will get some equivalent clause or profit share agreement that's linked to streaming ...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WhereIsLG7

Rumor: Lady GaGa is considering suing M&M for HoG since she isn't italian enough

source: daBabykoonsWhocar

TortureMeOnReplay
15 hours ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

As far as I am aware, only the big names get backend deals. Disney absolutely should have renegotiated their contract to take streaming into account to act fair, but at the same time, we are talking about someone who already got 50 million dollars for one single movie amidst an unprecedented pandemic.

It's like Jennifer Lawrence demanding equal payment for women while she was making over 50 million a year. Like, these issues should get solved, but it's not like they will do anything for the people who really should be heared.

Don't think these issues should get as much attention as they do now.

She got 20, not 50. And that's nothing for a film that's made $400 million. With a company that's probably made $25 billion+ off box office alone from MCU (merchandising etc being separate). MCU is a big deal and has a large fanbase, but it's in large part due to the actors that are attached to each installment and their press tours/charisma. Scarlett most definitely deserves her fair share. 

Just because Jennifer Lawrence ended up making $50 million one year doesn't mean she didn't have any prior experience getting shafted compared to her male counterparts. 

1 hour ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

Hollywood has misogyny, and they marginalize Asians too, Simu Liu is the new face so he does not get paid much.  Simu Liu's whole net worth is about $5.2 millions for both his work in Shang Chi and Kim's Convenience.  $2 millions for Kim's Convenience, and $3.2 millions for Shang Chi.  IF  he's lucky to get some back-end bonuses, will be under $900K.

That's why Disney released it only in theaters to get the full scale profit for the company.

If he gets a back end bonus I don't think it would be that low. He's the face of a new Marvel movie which likely involves extensive marketing and options for more films. He's gonna get more opportunities following this movie and Disney wouldn't be able to lock him in if they don't pay him well enough. 

1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

For Scarlett I feel like it was only because she was leaving the franchise she can afford to burn some bridges but for Emma there's a Cruella 2 apparently coming so just have it in for the next contract. But if she does sue I wouldn't blame her

But if the original contract had options for more movies there might not be a renegotiation. 

judaspriest
51 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

Okay but the fact we may not get Cruella 2. :bradley:

It's one of those films that perhaps is too awesome to have a sequel anyway

P0JffionRowQat
1 hour ago, justhislife said:

If he gets a back end bonus I don't think it would be that low. He's the face of a new Marvel movie which likely involves extensive marketing and options for more films. He's gonna get more opportunities following this movie and Disney wouldn't be able to lock him in if they don't pay him well enough. 

Only veterans and A-Listers get backend bonuses because studios are able to predict the outcome of the box office.  This is Simu's 1st movie, he is unpredictable, so he only gets the flat rate pay.

I doubt a 2nd movie will be made.  They make 2nd sequel only when the 1st movie did exceptionally well, like Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel.  Brie Larson is getting $15 millions + backend bonuses for Captain Marvel 2, Brie could earn up to $90 millions if Captain Marvel 2 gets to $1 billion.  Captain Marvel 1 got $1.12 billion dollars, but $700 millions were from the Chinese market.

There are 2 question marks for Shang Chi, are people going to the theaters despite Covid?  Are Disney going to release Shang Chi in the China market?  So Simu will not get a 2nd movie, if this one doesn't do well.

========================================

Still in a pandemic people won't go to theater, plus people are still racist to Asian men.  Henry Golding's Snake Eyes is only making $22 millions, while the pre-quels G.I. Joe part 1 made $302 millions and  G.I. Joe part 2 made $375 millions.
So you can see, Henry Golding being half-white half-asian, people are still racist and won't support him.

Henry Golding's  first movie "Crazy Rich Asians" made $238 millions on a $30 million budget, that was before covid.  You can see that after Covid, people are more racist to Asians.

imnotyourbabe10

As an anti-corporate person and whatnot; is there a “too long; didn’t read” version of what is going on? Glad to hear these women are standing up to Disney! I love a lot of their work (Coco, Wall-E, etc); but it’s always time to challenge the system. :vegas:

Taylucifer
15 hours ago, justhislife said:

But if the original contract had options for more movies there might not be a renegotiation. 

oh yeah true, but if Scarlett wins when she sues I have a feeling they would be much more likely to change the contract. Emma should just wait and see what happens 

1989 (TV) is out NOW

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

oh yeah true, but if Scarlett wins when she sues I have a feeling they would be much more likely to change the contract. Emma should just wait and see what happens 

Sometimes lawsuits take years. The richer party can decide also to counter sue and do what Trump does constantly which is keep it tied up in the courts until the person sueing gives up. That's why this is brave for Scarlet to do. She could lose millions of dollars and still get nothing. This is more about the court of public opinion and her hopes that they will settle. That's why Disney's response was to throw her under the bus and use the Covid 19 pandemic as a shield. 

It would be better to sue at the same time as ScarJo than wait years to start her suit. IMO

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived