Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Emma Stone is considering suing disney over cruella release

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Togekiss
6 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

I'm sorry but this really isn't an accurate take. The issue isn't that it underperformed at the box office or the fact that wasnt just exclusively released in the theaters itself. The issue is that her pay is partly determined by box office revenue and was promised a theater exclusive release, when Disney announced they were releasing it on Disney+ at the same time her team tried to renegotiate her contract given the change in the release strategy which would affect her pay (because releasing it online is not considered box office revenue). Disney ignored her legal team, not bothering to give a response and released the movie anyway. The issue is that Disney is trying to use COVID as an excuse to purposely screw even their high profile actors out of money they shouldve been entitled to. 

I appreciate you providing context instead of just assuming I’m a misogynist, thank you for that.

bring on that pecan pie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill
4 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

It's like Jennifer Lawrence demanding equal payment for women while she was making over 50 million a year. Like, these issues should get solved, but it's not like they will do anything for the people who really should be heared.

They will though. As much as I like to ridicule the concept of trickling down, it really is applicable to these kinds of industries. The better an A star is treated, the better a Z star will be treated.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Not The Real Gaga
4 minutes ago, Jill said:

They will though. As much as I like to ridicule the concept of trickling down, it really is applicable to these kinds of industries. The better an A star is treated, the better a Z star will be treated.

I don't know, Jill. The industry has its unions and specific salary scales for specific jobs. The bigger you get, the more you can demand on top of that. Studio's ain't gonna pay Z listers more money if A listers demand such high salaries. They operate within a limited budget, so there will even be less room to pay others more.

Pretty Please
1 hour ago, Togekiss said:

I wonder how many covid infections Scarjo finds acceptable per extra million dollars on top of the 20 she already made from black widow.

Disney opening their parks for profit wayyyy before any of this eliminates any covid arguments disney could make. But go off defending that disney corporation im sure they appreciate it

Ziggy
27 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

As far as I am aware, only the big names get backend deals. Disney absolutely should have renegotiated their contract to take streaming into account to act fair, but at the same time, we are talking about someone who already got 50 million dollars for one single movie amidst an unprecedented pandemic.

It's like Jennifer Lawrence demanding equal payment for women while she was making over 50 million a year. Like, these issues should get solved, but it's not like they will do anything for the people who really should be heared.

Don't think these issues should get as much attention as they do now.

well im saying it speaks to the larger industry blindspot of not having standard terms around getting paid for streaming programming. These deals are for the top tier, for sure, but across the board, actors are getting shorted because of the industry's slow to change approach to streaming in legal terms.

HausOfMark

They got their money. They got their paychecks.

Why sue now? Its not like any of these were ever surprise drops. It was stated. It was publicized. Are they bored?

-Mark

Reality
10 hours ago, Tayko said:

Rich people problems :awkney:

"Rich" is also a relative term. People always talk about "rich people problems," but sometimes fail to realize that their definition of "rich" is completely subjective. Scarlett had every right to sue and if the circumstances are the same with Emma, then she also has the right to sue.

It isn't about "being rich," it's about the principle. If you worked hard on something, only to get screwed over by the company you're working for, you'd be upset too. 

🃏🖤👹

JusKeepBreathin

By the way, the new Marvel film Shang-Chi will only be released in theaters and not streaming or Premier Access.

Click on it. In the Twitter app under the tweet it says, "only in theaters."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Chromatography
10 hours ago, HIM820 said:

Artists being screwed over by a media conglomerate problems :ohwell:

if gaga we’re getting screwed by interscope you’d best believe everyone in this thread would be supporting her. even if they’re rich...like, they were promised something for their work. why is it fair they have to lie down and accept what some nasty corporation does to them because they’re rich? wtf

Galagala

Disney promote Black Widow with feminism/heroine impression, yet they can't even respect the star in it, Scarlett Johansson.  Scarlett is rich, but Disney is richer and the one who breached the contract. Idk why are some of you so irrational...

Hyoha
13 hours ago, Togekiss said:

She’s suing because it wasn’t released exclusively in theaters therefor leading to lower performance at the box office. If they had, more people would undoubtedly be exposed to covid.

She’s suing because she didn’t get a portion of the Disney+ streams…people literally pay extra bucks to watch it on the platform as if they were going to the movies. Therefore it IS unfair that she’s not getting extra from streams.

P0JffionRowQat
3 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

By the way, the new Marvel film Shang-Chi will only be released in theaters and not streaming or Premier Access.

Click on it. In the Twitter app under the tweet it says, "only in theaters."

Hollywood has misogyny, and they marginalize Asians too, Simu Liu is the new face so he does not get paid much.  Simu Liu's whole net worth is about $5.2 millions for both his work in Shang Chi and Kim's Convenience.  $2 millions for Kim's Convenience, and $3.2 millions for Shang Chi.  IF  he's lucky to get some back-end bonuses, will be under $900K.

That's why Disney released it only in theaters to get the full scale profit for the company.

weed

wowww!!! That's exciting

also kind of funny lol but happy for her! Disney better be quaking. This will at least show people the corporate monster they are.

Taylucifer

For Scarlett I feel like it was only because she was leaving the franchise she can afford to burn some bridges but for Emma there's a Cruella 2 apparently coming so just have it in for the next contract. But if she does sue I wouldn't blame her

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Archived