đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's Accent in House of Gucci

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

robboadam
13 minutes ago, Bradley said:

My very limited knowledge of the Italian accent comes from Assassin's Creed Ezio trilogy and I thought they sounded pretty close to each other, but what do I know :bear:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
20 minutes ago, Jester said:

The only problem with accents that I see is that Adam doesn’t seem to have one 

Oh I thought I had mishead or something. It's weird that he doesn't have it tbh

Soft, soothing, and succulent

elijahfan

I think it’s a little ridiculous to be so judgy and picky about that when the mere fact of having these characters speak English is already vastly unrealistic. It’s a movie, people. I think she’s doing great, she found the right voice for the character and the attitude is undoubtedly there.

CyanDante

It actually sounds very similar tbh.

It just feels a bit different because of Gaga's deeper voice. 

I don't know if some of the opinions here are genuine or just expressed to be edgy. :shrug:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

KarmaPolice
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I think it’s a little ridiculous to be so judgy and picky about that when the mere fact of having these characters speak English is already vastly unrealistic. It’s a movie, people. I think she’s doing great, she found the right voice for the character and the attitude is undoubtedly there.

That's the premise of my post: "Just nitpicking tho, nothing serious".

I was expressing my opinion on the accent work which is still part of the movie and the actor/actress job.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

That's the premise of my post: "Just nitpicking tho, nothing serious".

I was expressing my opinion on the accent work which is still part of the movie and the actor/actress job.

Alright. And that’s my answer :ohwell:

WORLDofGAGA

Accents aside, I think Gaga has got Patrizia’s mannerisms on point

@W0RLDofGAGA

Xardas

I think it shouldn't be picked up so much at this point, since she will be talking a lot in this movie and we have just 1/10000 of what we will hear. Just remind themselves of Penelope Cruz impersonating Donatella. She was brilliant although she used a lot of RRRRR sound. I am not Italian but neither I am an English native speaker. I am Polish and each of my Polish friends that speak English sound different and pronounce some sounds and words differently. Please mind that picking up every Gaga's "in-your-opinion-incorrectness" will not help her winning that freaking Oscar and Jinxing it at such early stage isn't helpful either. I advise us all to wait with our opinions until the movie is out

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Mother of Puppies

It does not sound Russian lol they have a very unique intonation -  I have russian neighbors and friends and they don’t sound like that when they speak English - jen lawrence sounded russian in red sparrow.

i think the accent sounds pretty good - could also be a spanish person talkin in English cuz italian and spanish is quite similar (I have lived in Spain for many years) 

she just LOOKS russian in that one scene where she sips coffee because of the outfit.

you can tell they all had Training - and Adam sounds different because his character might speak better English 

and every person sounds different any way. 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

TMM90
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

My very limited knowledge of the Italian accent comes from Assassin's Creed Ezio trilogy and I thought they sounded pretty close to each other, but what do I know :bear:

Ezio auditore da firenze 🔥 

Mother of Puppies

Oh and I dunno if any of u read the book - but it said that Patrizia speaks English (and I believe also French) fluently- 

and in the video she did roll the r - on some words they exaggerate it and with other words they don’t. An accent is different with every person cuz we are all unique. Gaga’s character might pronounce words differently than Adams character cuz they might have grown up in different areas and under different circumstances. Some people are also better at languages than others. No accent is the same - something I have noticed when I moved to a different country 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

So here's a comparision with Patrizia

As an Italian native speaker myself (and please respect my opinion, I'm not hating on her work) I think Gaga has some Russian elements in her accent more than Italian. Patrizia sounds like your typical Italian trying to speak English: really musical and over the top but with open vowels. Gaga is closing her vowels and rolling her "R" a bit too much.

Just nitpicking tho, nothing serious :) 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4IbzOMyQOD9oIkBt1ysW

I’m on my Legacy Act era

judaspriest

Im not concerned about the accents TBH. Child 44 had all the actors mimicking/faking Russian accents and it was a great movie.

Archived