Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's Accent in House of Gucci

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
20 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

I keep seeing this, and I know you don't mean it as an insult, but it does confuse me. Regardless of the fact that Ally and Gaga have things in common, Gaga was still working from a script and making scripted, artificial moments seem real. That is the very definition of acting.

Fans will then say that HOG isn't real acting either as both her role and herself have Italian ancestry. Therefore, it still doesn't count. :selena:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewPa
4 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I think it’s actually not un common to mistake Italians for Russian when they speak English, However, my friend that lives in Italy said there’s many variations of accent, and when he speaks English he sounds Austrian. He’s from northern Italy. Re Gaga, he said sounds like the part of Italy that Patrizia R comes from and people just expect a mario style accent.

personally I thought in the first line she sounded a little Eastern European but I think with the setting and outfits etc she will sell the Italian accent. Also she sounded Italian to me on the rest of the trailer.

This. When I speak French there are people who think I am Polish or Romanian, and I am Sicilian. :laughga:

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

rence a deux
1 hour ago, Xardas said:

I am amazed how one trailer could make sooo many ppl here linguist PhDs specialized in phonetics 

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢.

This is the official italian trailer if you want to know how italian really sounds like 

Same DNA but Born This Way

giskardsb

I think she's pretty faithful to Patrizia but I'll admit there were some times I thought she sounded like she was doing an old school Dracula movie lol.

Economy

Yeah i think the general consensus is that it sounds half Italian and half Russian...

But its ok, putting on a perfect fake accent is exeptionally difficult. It appears good enough to me. Hopefully good enough she doesnt get dragged :sweat:

I have a natural portuguese accent which is not overly different from Italian. I feel i could of filled this roll just speaking normal :lmao: (but my accent is less strong than this tho)

Economy
8 hours ago, Maarck said:

This is the official italian trailer if you want to know how italian really sounds like 

Oh god i hate dubbing so much. Anytime i whatch something in forein language i put on subtitles...

I cant stand voices that dont fit the person or out of sync mouth movements or reaction voice tones or volumes that dont perfectly match the filmed actor :toofunny:

FfFfFfFF
19 hours ago, DrewPa said:

This. When I speak French there are people who think I am Polish or Romanian, and I am Sicilian. :laughga:

Sicilian and Romanian are closely related neo-Latin Languages. They are more related one to another than with Languages of the Western branch (like French).

So it completezi makes sense that people may mistook them.

S0436

The movie should’ve been shot solely in the Italian language!  The actors could’ve spent a year learning their lines with a language coach.

insight
15 hours ago, giskardsb said:

I'll admit there were some times I thought she sounded like she was doing an old school Dracula movie lol.

THIS!!!!!

She sounds like Bela Lugosi 😂

Ziggy
15 hours ago, giskardsb said:

I think she's pretty faithful to Patrizia but I'll admit there were some times I thought she sounded like she was doing an old school Dracula movie lol.

Very Transylvanian which tbh I loved :ladyhaha:

PunkTheFunk

As an uncultured North American whose only exposure to Italian culture is eating pizza and pasta, Gaga's accent sounded great to me (except for when she said the word 'Fair' because her American accent crept in).

S0436

My first thought was Jodie Comer doing Villenelle from Killing Eve in a Russian accent.

Archived