šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's Accent in House of Gucci

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

Monsterclaw
1 hour ago, Emigrante said:

I don't know a polish person that speaks like that. šŸ˜…

Iā€™m from Poland And i was wtf, literally nobody in Poland or in Slavic countries has an accent like that. And I asked some of my Italian friends And they all agreed that her accent is spot on. I really dont hear anything Slavic hereĀ 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rawrimamonster

Anyone else think Jared Letoā€™s accent sounds kind of over the top?

flyaway

She has a very Azerbaijanish accent.Ā 

I'm confident the film will succeed in Azerbaijan, but sadly not GagaĀ :shrug:

PartySick

Honestly, if the accent is the only complaint people have, I'll count that as a win :diane:

šŸ–¤

djBuffoon

We also need to remember that this is just preliminary footage. Some of the lines may have been dubbed for the purpose of finishing the trailer, some of the takes we see might not be the ones they use in the film, and so on.

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, SEANGT said:

This is her first role that's not a small cameo, basically herself (ASIB), or a weird emotionless vampire. This is really the first time we've seen her acting IMO.Ā 

I keep seeing this, and I know you don't mean it as an insult, but it does confuse me. Regardless of the fact that Ally and Gaga have things in common, Gaga was still working from a script and making scripted, artificial moments seem real. That is the very definition of acting.

androiduser

Yes, Italians speaking English sounds a bit softer.... Jared Leto REALLY overdid it with the R's and the thick accent, it almost sounds like a parody (It is shikkkkkkkka! FirekrrrrrakRRRR")

SEANGT
9 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I keep seeing this, and I know you don't mean it as an insult, but it does confuse me. Regardless of the fact that Ally and Gaga have things in common, Gaga was still working from a script and making scripted, artificial moments seem real. That is the very definition of acting.

Yes, but it doesn't show that she has range. There are plenty of successful actors with a niche that play the same character in every movie. I just think it's cool that Gaga has stepped outside of that and potentially has proven her chops as a talented actor for different kinds of roles.Ā 

River

It's because Americans are used to Mario-like accent which is the wrong one :yennefer:

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

djBuffoon
2 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

Yes, but it doesn't show that she has range. There are plenty of successful actors with a niche that play the same character in every movie. I just think it's cool that Gaga has stepped outside of that and potentially has proven her chops as a talented actor for different kinds of roles.Ā 

It's difficult to show in one major role that an actor has range, that takes time. My point is, a performance is a performance. :)

TheFame Monster
8 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

I fear it will be said about every role Gaga ever gets. It was said about AHS, ASIB, the rumored marvel roles, and now HoG. The thing is she is truly an Enigma

LaLuna

I still think she did a better job with the accent than Jared Leto, an established actor who's been around for decades.

PunkTheFunk

Italy borders Austria which borders Slovakia which used to be part of the Soviet Union in the 1980s which is when House of Gucci takes place, so I can see how Gaga took those influences and incorporated them into herĀ performance.

Gabi001
16 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Italy borders Austria which borders Slovakia which used to be part of the Soviet Union in the 1980s which is when House of Gucci takes place, so I can see how Gaga took those influences and incorporated them into herĀ performance.

Slovakia was never part of the Soviet unionĀ :awkney:

I'm not having fun tonight.

Archived