Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

SAD very positive about Gaga but sounds mixed about the movie

Not counted yet. I hope he gives it a 65-70.

"I haven’t yet seen Joel Coen’s forthcoming “The Tragedy of Macbeth,” but I will be surprised if Frances McDormand, for all the force of her artistry, feeds Lady Macbeth’s ambition with the same carnal energy that Lady Gaga brings to the remarkably similar role of Patrizia."

Hot damn, that's some praise. :firega:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch

I like when a movie gets mixed reactions. It means it made people think more than when everyone loves or hates a movie. To me that’s the point of great art: to make us think and feel.

So I’m not bothered by these reactions.

Besides reviews are still subjective and not facts.

Patriziaa Reggiani

Spencer has 258 critics reviews and it sits at 85%, it's still way to early to predict where we are going to land on RT score. I'm hoping for 75% atleast.

I will not watch House of Gucci

21 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

It’s going to be 25-30 million. Presales are really strong and the tiktok/twitch/youth crowd will give it a boost  

20 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

Sadly we aren't Swifties that would support Gaga no matter what, even it's a legit great project, it's sad but it's true. Some little monsters only get but don't give.

PaoloGucci
1 minute ago, GipJo said:

Sadly we aren't Swifties that would support Gaga no matter what, even it's a legit great project, it's sad but it's true. Some little monsters only get but don't give.

But its a fun movie. I've seen it. Gonna buy another ticket just to count for the opening. If this doesn't do 12M+ (3-days) honestly Gaga should delay LG8 by 5 years.

thehanyo
1 hour ago, PaoloGucci said:

?? it praises Gaga

Really? I thought this was the worst thing I’ve read about her in a review, yet:

Her performance is an unusual one, all forceful gesticulations and high-relief inflections; she’s not expressively complex in repose except through the flaming power of her furiously fixed gaze, which is the movie’s dominant visual trope. Given her lack of extensive theatre training, though, the accent shtick leaves her at an inherent disadvantage beside her co-stars. She sounds somewhat like Natasha from “Rocky and Bullwinkle.” I can’t get out of my head Patrizia’s response to Rodolfo when he asks about her interests: I’m a “pipple pleaser,” she says.

PaoloGucci
4 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Really? I thought this was the worst thing I’ve read about her in a review, yet:

Her performance is an unusual one, all forceful gesticulations and high-relief inflections; she’s not expressively complex in repose except through the flaming power of her furiously fixed gaze, which is the movie’s dominant visual trope. Given her lack of extensive theatre training, though, the accent shtick leaves her at an inherent disadvantage beside her co-stars. She sounds somewhat like Natasha from “Rocky and Bullwinkle.” I can’t get out of my head Patrizia’s response to Rodolfo when he asks about her interests: I’m a “pipple pleaser,” she says.

Yes he did criticize the accent but the rest is praise

PaoloGucci
27 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Judging by how HoG's score is in a freefall on LB you're probably right. Most users of that platform are Film Twitter orientated and don't like Gaga. But LMs aren't countering it.

Archived