Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

I think it would've been amazing as a 6-episode limited series, but still a great movie.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YourEvilTwin
4 minutes ago, Dennis said:

welp probably gonna have to wait until 2025 to get another Gaga movie sigh 

Nah, after this one she'll have her pick of offers, including A-list directors who struggle to get projects funded during these times.

There aren't that many actors in Hollywood who can get projects funded, get asses in the seats, AND reliably give Oscar-worthy performances all at once.

The opening week box office numbers will make her the hottest commodity in Hollywood for a while.

Battle 4 Ur Life
1 hour ago, julz said:

As a Filipino employee working for a US based company, the Thanksgiving holiday is a great opportunity to watch this in theaters...and here, cinemas are opening up..BUT why dont we have it yet till Feb :bradley: i just wanna rant sorry :billie: 

Is it reaaaally good to see in theaters? Is the cinematography good? 

it’s a Ridley Scott movie. the cinematography is superb.

look him up.:reductive:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Why are these Gaga haters going to see this movie and filling out cinemascore cards? ****ing hell
OMG............... This bitch probably gave it an F

LilyLark
46 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Nah, after this one she'll have her pick of offers, including A-list directors who struggle to get projects funded during these times.

There aren't that many actors in Hollywood who can get projects funded, get asses in the seats, AND reliably give Oscar-worthy performances all at once.

The opening week box office numbers will make her the hottest commodity in Hollywood for a while.

This. I feel like some get overly caught up on the Oscars...in the long run good acting + putting butts in seats will get Gaga more jobs than another Oscar nom (especially as she already has one). As you said, it's rare nowadays...even the write ups mentioned her box office draw. The only one who can truly be a box office draw is Leo, even Will, JLaw, Sandra Bullock, etc. aren't bringing it anymore....so for Gaga to bring it (esp. when Last Duel, King Richard, etc. all flopped)....it's a big deal.

I was curious, so I checked box office pro...IDK, they might be too optimistic, but they have on the high end 30 mil...which would be insane in this climate.

LilyLark
10 minutes ago, Dennis said:
Why are these Gaga haters going to see this movie and filling out cinemascore cards? ****ing hell
OMG............... This bitch probably gave it an F

Sis just ignore the randoms

3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Sis just ignore the randoms

Yeah but i'm super nervous for the cinemascore. If this thing gets like a C or something, that's it honestly. Poor audience score and poor critical reception is gonna be hard to overcome. And I have a feeling little monsters will be like "gaga is good but movie is average" and then with the locals who give it low scores, its just not gonna look good.

I just want a GUCCI ERA! And as someone who's seen the movie, I don't get the hate for it. It's really good.

LilyLark
Just now, Dennis said:

Yeah but i'm super nervous for the cinemascore. If this thing gets like a C or something, that's it honestly. And I have a feeling little monsters will be like "gaga is good but movie is average" and then with the locals who give it low scores, its just not gonna look good.

I just want a GUCCI ERA! 

I'd be surprised if it got a C. Even most flop flims or ones that are critically panned get Bs...and the verified RT scores are pretty decent right now and that can't be all monsters.

The big thing is the box office...if this film does 25 mil +  that will be a huge deal. TBF, $17 mil is still very good, but something like $25 mil for an R rated film nowadays is basically a smash hit in an era where 99% only comic book films and remakes are smashes.

Just now, LilyLark said:

I'd be surprised if it got a C. Even most flop flims or ones that are critically panned get Bs...and the verified RT scores are pretty decent right now and that can't be all monsters.

The big thing is the box office...if this film does 25 mil +  that will be a huge deal. TBF, $17 mil is still very good, but something like $25 mil for an R rated film nowadays is basically a smash hit in an era where 99% only comic book films and remakes are smashes.

For this thing to stay alive, it needs a good box office AND good cinemascore, realistically. We should know shortly :pray: most likely is probably B or B+, but praying for an A-.

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, ThatCanadian said:

CinemaScore is a B+

not great and in line with the divisive nature of the film

Nah that's fine. A would have been better, of course, but a lot of big hits have B+s.

SevenWonder

Just a quick reminder to you who may not know about how the film world views actors: Gaga will NOT be blamed for the movie should it not remain fresh. Ridley will. He's the director. Gaga is just a cog in the movie machine. An important one. But that's it. It's his film, not hers. Her job is to do a great job acting. She clearly has done that.

Gaga will get credit/blame for  BO performance, however. Because she's the Big Name in the cast full of Big Names. 

Finally, this isn't like a Gaga album. Where it sinks or swims based on her and her alone. And all the credit/blame get heaped on her. 

Okay. Carry on worrying...

ThatCanadian
7 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Nah that's fine. A would have been better, of course, but a lot of big hits have B+s.

But it’s not ideal.

Archived