press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

There will be more countries releasing in December and January, so look forward for extra $$$ for HoG :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Is there any website/Twitter account in which we can check UK box office results day by day? 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Jennie Kim

Only 1000+ verified audience reviews so far :bear: I've heard some rumors that if HOG reaches 90 audience score Gaga might release ARTPOP ACT II. 

You have no choice but to buy another ticket on Fandango this week. 

r4therupbeat

I don't know about winning, but it would be silly to not nominate gaga for Best Actress. Deep down I feel like she is most likely to win Best supporting actress in the years to come.

YourEvilTwin
41 minutes ago, r4therupbeat said:

I don't know about winning, but it would be silly to not nominate gaga for Best Actress. Deep down I feel like she is most likely to win Best supporting actress in the years to come.

No, I want her to win Best LEAD Actress, because you know the OGHs are somehow going to spin Supporting into a negative. Especially the Chinese Swifties.

Jonathan2244
6 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

No, I want her to win Best LEAD Actress, because you know the OGHs are somehow going to spin Supporting into a negative. Especially the Chinese Swifties.

I think she be nominated for best actress and has much of a shot to win as last time. Weaker competion than Olviia and Glenn to 

CannaeDrive

UK critics seem to get the movie, as the review from The Times who gives it a 4/5 score. Here are some highlights (the site is behind a paywall) :

"Overacting is underrated. Yes, it’s nice to see a technician such as Meryl Streep or Stanley Tucci hand in their minimalist homework — superbly modulated, full of nuance, i’s dotted, t’s crossed — but sometimes it’s just as fun to see someone open their lungs, liberate their limbs and let rip...

Gaga sucks up every scene she is in and seems to harbour takeover bids for even those she is not in. Patrizia sets her sights first on getting Maurizio back in the business, then on taking over the business, and finally — and you will have got this from the trailer, even if you don’t remember the actual event — hiring a pair of assassins with the help of a TV tarot reader named Giuseppina (Salma Hayek) to make sure her views are heard. That’s the spine of the film, anyway: a rake’s progress, a villainess on the make, and Gaga sinks into it as she does the foam bath into which she pulls Maurizio, or the mudbath into which she sinks with Hayek, like crocodiles in the Limpopo. “I can’t understand someone who steals only for their ego or personal satisfaction,” she purrs at a rival who comes too close to Maurizio. To steal without purpose offends her business sense...

The movie is a bit messy structurally. It veers soapishly from one character to the next, one episode to another, all strung together with Eighties pop needle-drops — from George Michael’s Faith to the Eurythmics — but God is it enjoyable. Scott, 83, seems to be riding the crest of a late-breaking career renaissance at the moment, with this film following on the heels of last month’s The Last Duel with almost unseemly haste, but of the two films it’s this one I want to watch again...

The film is a conga line of characters seducing one another. It has Leto pissing on a scarf. It has Irons and Pacino on screen together for the first time since The Merchant of Venice. It has Gaga and Driver in a scene deserving of a tornado warning (:air:)  Ridley Scott certainly has not forgotten how to make a movie."

One thing I have noticed in many critic's reviews, is that they had fun in the way they write them. I think it's a good thing, despite the mixed ones.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Anveeroy
49 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Who cares about haters! An achievement is an achievement! Blanchett won Supporting Actress first, so many amazing actresses won this prize!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

r4therupbeat
4 hours ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I personally don't think she will, but it would be silly of them to not nominate her considering how many viewers and chat she will bring in.

I just saw it today. I rate it a 5/10. It was dragging so hard and most of the dinner scenes seemed like a waste of space. In general, I thought it was pretty boring. People were there to see the nitty gritty parts of the murder, and the actual murder was so abrupt and all of a sudden Patrizia was convicted aaaaand it was over. I really liked Gaga in it though, I feel like the other actors weren’t acting on her level, besides Jared Leto. 

YourEvilTwin
6 hours ago, CannaeDrive said:

it’s nice to see a technician such as Meryl Streep or Stanley Tucci hand in their minimalist homework

Minimalist? Meryl? :laughga: :ladyhaha:

Meryl's been many things throughout her career, among which minimalist pretty safely lands at the rock bottom of that list.

Archived