Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

‘A League of Their Own’ series adaptation; Rosie O’Donnell returns as guest

phantasmas

Featured Posts

phantasmas

league-pr.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

According to Amazon Studios, A League of Their Own will take “a deeper look at race and sexuality, following the journey of a whole new ensemble of characters as they carve their own paths towards the field, both in the league and outside of it.”

The series stars Abbi Jacobson and Chanté Adams alongside D’Arcy Carden, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Roberta Colindrez, Kelly McCormack, Priscilla Delgado, Molly Ephraim, Kate Berlant and Melanie Field. 

Rosie O’Donnell played third baseman Doris Murphy in the movie. In this week’s episode of the Everything Iconic With Danny Pellegrino podcast, she announced that she would play a bartender at a gay bar in the series, a role that came about after Jacobson asked her to take part.

The original A League of Their Own starred Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna, and Lori Petty alongside Rosie O’Donnell, and told a dramatized story of the real-life all-women’s baseball team The Rockford Peaches. The Peaches were formed as part of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League following the male draft for World War II. The new show will follow a group of new characters building the bonds of sportsmanship and friendship while playing in the league.

hieronymus

I'm sure a lot of people are going to poop their pants about ruining classics or whatever, but this genuinely really excites me. I used to watch this movie a lot with my grandma growing up so it holds a really sentimental place with me. This sounds like it's going to be fantastic.

GucciGa

I love this movie but I haven't watched it in years. Makes me too emotional. The cast looks good 

😇

ProfessionalClown

“Exploring race and sexuality” please just let it be realistic for once and not some overproduced and badly scripted moments for tokenism

phantasmas
19 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

“Exploring race and sexuality” please just let it be realistic for once and not some overproduced and badly scripted moments for tokenism

It's a tv show :triggered:

ProfessionalClown
6 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

It's a tv show :triggered:

….true 

Archived