💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Olivia Rodrigo is being accused of talking in a Blaccent

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayCristoforo

If it’s not a product of her home environment, it’s a blaccent. 

Can’t say for sure. But Billie Eilish is definitely guilty of it. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Pennywise

I don't know much about Olivia Rodrigo but this Twitter user seems a bit... too pressed, almost. I mean, that video is one thing but to attach those other tweets to it is definitely another :awkney:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

BradleyCooper

Billie does it all the time I don’t think either of them go far enough to be an issue

Pennywise
Just now, Pennywise said:

I don't know much about Olivia Rodrigo but this Twitter user seems a bit... too pressed, almost. I mean, that video is one thing but to attach those other tweets to it is definitely another :awkney:

Then again, it's a question of how much is being a culture culture and how much is genuine, and I don't think I can answer that question because I don't live in the U.S. or anywhere English is the main language. 

The English I have learned does include AAVE, for example, because I learned it through media and not from an academic medium. What would that mean in the US context? 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

HausOfAntonio

Its how kids who don’t know any better are being taught to speak by the internet :shrug:

Admin
4 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

If it’s not a product of her home environment, it’s a blaccent. 

Genuine question: what if it’s not her home environment, but cultural environment? I mean, could it be that these teenagers are so influenced by Black culture from the Internet that they unintentionally adapt it?

Kind of like, English is not my first language, so I didn’t even know it when I was a kid (let alone spoke it with any kind of accent). Then at the age of like 8 I started learning it and I was actually taught British English. But now I speak with an American accent because pretty much everything I consume in English comes from the US. You know what I mean? It’s not intentional.

Admin
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

The English I have learned does include AAVE, for example, because I learned it through media and not from an academic medium. What would that mean in the US context? 

twinning

Archived