💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney

mamo

Featured Posts

HIM820
32 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Yeah, but what else did she expect? For her film to tank because nobody wants to get Covid on the theater? US might be okay but other countries don't even have vaccines.

And honestly even if it's a breach of contract, I think Disney/Marvel Studios should've sat with her before greenlighting the simultaneous release. Like Gal and Patty Jenkins with WW84 last year. 

I think you answered your own question. She expected them to sit down with her before making that decision. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Asian queen” :bradley:

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Lona Delery
38 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Yeah, but what else did she expect? For her film to tank because nobody wants to get Covid on the theater? US might be okay but other countries don't even have vaccines.

And honestly even if it's a breach of contract, I think Disney/Marvel Studios should've sat with her before greenlighting the simultaneous release. Like Gal and Patty Jenkins with WW84 last year. 

:rip: the f do you mean with "other countried dont even have vaccines". what kind of europe & china erasure aka the 2 biggest markets after the US is this

She obviously expected the movie to be shown in theaters? its no stretch to assume part of her salary is tied to the box office performance, so she has every right to sue them

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Alannah

A contract is a contract. If Disney broke it, she's owed for holding up her end. I'm not thrilled with the idea of the richer getting richer, but Disney is probably pulling this stuff on performers who don't have this kind of legal backing yet. If they breached the contract with no consequence, what's the point of the contract?

SEANGT
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She thought she would get to play a black person in "Black Widow" so she's upset.

this made me hyperventilate I'm going to the hospital

InTheCloset
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

I feel like Scarlett would be friends with Taylor Swift

I used to love her cuz she is really hot but then the woody allen thing happened and i dont like her now. 

The abyss stares back

RAMROD
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She thought she would get to play a black person in "Black Widow" so she's upset.

Cursed comment :dom:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Pennywise
36 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

:rip: the f do you mean with "other countried dont even have vaccines". what kind of europe & china erasure aka the 2 biggest markets after the US is this

Like... I went to Black Widow in cinema and I'm in the middle east, and I also am fully vaccinated :flop:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Ziggy
1 hour ago, LaLa said:

Oh, interesting! Her salary was tied to box office profits, but not streaming revenue, I'm gathering? This will be a thing going forward with how movie releases are changing, I can't wait to see where this goes

The issue is that and that it was guaranteed it would be a theatrical premiere. She reached out to renegotiate with streaming in mind and Disney just didn’t respond. Shocker Disney is scummy

Ziggy
Just now, Ziggy said:

The issue is that and that it was guaranteed it would be a theatrical premiere. She reached out to renegotiate and Disney just didn’t respond. Shocker Disney is scummy

32 minutes ago, Alannah said:

A contract is a contract. If Disney broke it, she's owed for holding up her end. I'm not thrilled with the idea of the richer getting richer, but Disney is probably pulling this stuff on performers who don't have this kind of legal backing yet. If they breached the contract with no consequence, what's the point of the contract?

WB has done the same thing this pandemic. The studios are chasing coin and trying to skirt around their contracts and getting caught. Simple as that. Tbh I don’t see it as rich getting richer but that these folks are doing their work, upholding their contract and the studios are d*cking them over after the fact. That’s just not it

JusKeepBreathin

Good for her! She deserves her money, especially since that movie is one of the best stand alone Marvel movies ever. 

Probably as good or close to CA: Winter Soldier.

She is missing out on alot of her money.

Warner also is doing streaming and theatre but they renegotiated with their talent. They didn't do only what was best for the studio and nothing else. 

From the article.

"WarnerMedia chose to renegotiate many of its talent contracts that, like Ms. Johansson’s deal with Marvel, were tied to box-office performance. Warner Bros. paid more than $200 million to talent as part of the amended agreements."

People have to understand that when these tent pole movies come out the actors salary largely depends on the Box Office take of the movie. 

Also take a look at the movies that were released with Premier Access on Disney+. Only or mostly female led movies. They are literally only cutting the women's salaries in half. 

I can almost guarantee you the The Rock got his contract renegotiated for his "Jungle Cruise" movie which will come out later. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

DoremonLove

Wow but imagine being on such a high level to sue disney:ladyhaha:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Jill

Watch them kill her off yet again in the next movie :rip: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

judaspriest
1 hour ago, good said:

“Asian queen” :bradley:

This is a Ghost in the Shell reference, isn't it :bradley:?

TortureMeOnReplay
2 hours ago, mr.peter said:

good for her, Disney would do the same but damn it man I feel like this is gonna burn some bridges for her

It's her last movie in the contract I believe. 

2 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Millionaires biting the hand that feeds them.

I don't care for her. 

Same response as what I said above, but also  she spends a lot of time promoting the movie. They don't get to just film and be done, and her reward for promoting is a cut of box office profits, which she's losing out on when they circumvent to their streaming platform. It's not just passive income but her quite literally actively investing her time in order to ensure the success of the movie. 

25 minutes ago, Jill said:

Watch them kill her off yet again in the next movie :rip: 

I believe it's her last film in the contract. 

Archived