Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney

mamo

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep
1 hour ago, mr.peter said:

But Disney is so powerful now, they are not just Disney. They are Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, 20th Century Fox, Hulu ECT... this is what I meant by burning possible bridges for her as an actor/ producer.

She was already in talks to star in a upcoming Tower of Terror film based of the Disney Parks attractions.

Still on her side. If Disney was cheated out of money because of a contract breach they would go after their money. Hoping they come to a fair settlement :legend:

they were already all of those things. Look, a breach of contract is a breach of contract. High profile lawsuits like this are usually never this public, so if her reps are comfortable with her being this out there and open about it; it means that Disney *REALLY* screwed her and that's not cool. Her name alone is a draw and brings in money to the film. She is owed what was negotiated and this backhanded way of going about the "premier access" thing is total bull.  She should sue, hardcore.

And who cares if Disney doesn't hire her again? She never needs to work again, especially if she is granted this type of money. Now she can focus on projects for the art of it, go back to theatre. Hell, she just did Broadway five years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if she'd like to go back to that route and be out of these huge features for a minute.

vixdean

Emily Blunt and John Krasisnki also sued Paramount for the same reason.

They put A Quiet Place II on Paramount+ a few weeks after coming out in cinemas, and they sued them for loss of revenue.

I would expect a new clause in a lot of actors contracts in the future to allow for movies to go to streaming much earlier than before.

P0JffionRowQat
1 hour ago, IllusionLover said:

3 hours ago, Will Graham said:

This is a Ghost in the Shell reference, isn't it :bradley:?

well natasha is Russian so they're part Asians too , right?:billie:

Natasha  is her character in Black Widow

Her character in Ghost in the Shell was Major, and Major's name was Motoko Kusanagi.

Anyway, I hope ScaJo wins the breached of contract case.

judaspriest
Just now, P0JffionRowQat said:

Natasha  is her character in Black Widow

Her character in Ghost in the Shell was Major, and Major's name was Motoko Kusanagi.

She's ok as BW but the Mayor should've been Japanese. In fact, there was a surprising amount of white people in that movie, despite the fact it takes place in Japan (and Im pretty sure all the main characters in the comic were Japanese)

elijahfan

That's really interesting tbh because one would think her relationship with Disney to be pretty good, and this will obviously compromise any chance to work with them in the foreseeable future. So I'm wondering if this "nothing to lose" spirit is actually coming from a situation we don't completely know about...? It might not be a question of money, since Disney's move allegedly made her check bigger, so it's obviously a matter of principles.

I just thoroughly appreciate her for holding them accountable for basically ****ing movie theaters over because they're too scared to lose a few millions. I know many of you aren't ready for that conversation, but movies are made first and foremost for the big screen, and if production companies keep disrespecting the artists and rushing towards streaming for a quick buck, then cinema as we know it will be dead. That's a pretty bold move on her part, and hopefully more powerful people call these big companies out on their bs.

Gagaloo911

Rich people problems tbh

But I'm on her side bc Disney is a trash, evil company that needs to be controlled and stopped.

Archived