Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gucci be a blockbuster success?

flyaway

Featured Posts

flyaway

House of Gucci is the new biographical drama starring Lady Gaga as Patrizia Reggiani, a gold digger who ordered the murder of her husband Maurizio ( portrayed by Adam Driver) 

Directed by Ridley Scott, it seems like a recipe for success (critically and commercially). Do you think it could become a blockbuster success? 

thierryrreiht

I think it will do well (if it's a good movie) but not a "blockbuster"

Reality

I guess it depends on your definition of what a "blockbuster" box office is. A Star is Born made over $400 million, which was really good. In normal circumstances, I could see House of Gucci doing similar numbers; however, we're still in a pandemic and the box office recently hasn't been great.

It's supposed to come out on Paramount+ too, right?? I'm interested to see how it'll do on streaming. I feel like it could be a big hit on streaming.

🖤👹

We all hope so I think, but I don't know because of the pandemic.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Anveeroy
6 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's supposed to come out on Paramount+ too, right?? I'm interested to see how it'll do on streaming. I feel like it could be a big hit on streaming.

I'm also curious; why Paramount+ ? Recently, MGM is bought by Amazon, so it should have gone to Amazon Prime. I guess the deal was done before the Amazon purchase. 

This movie would have more huge if it got Netflix deal. The place I live- Netflix is very accessible. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Reality
1 minute ago, Kantakyakirno said:

I'm also curious; why Paramount+ ? Recently, MGM is bought by Amazon, so it should have gone to Amazon Prime. I guess the deal was done before the Amazon purchase. 

This movie would have been more huge if it got Netflix deal. The place I live- Netflix is very accessible. 

Yeah, I'm assuming it's because the deal was done before MGM was bought by Amazon.

It would've been better for the movie if it went to Netflix, but Paramount+ really needs subscribers :sweat: It's better for Paramount+ to have the movie because it'll probably do really well on there.

🖤👹

JazzGa

I'm going to bet that they will do a broader scale release shortly after the crush of diehard Gaga fans signing up for their Paramount + trials so they can see Gucci as soon as possible. That sounds like a great business strategy for Paramount + lol, u know imma be signing up for this product I am not interested in whatsoever just so I can see my Gag for 72 minutes :giggle:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Galagala

It's a crime thriller / biography drama, isn't it? Few "blockbuster movies" came from this genre. Critical reception matters more.:pray:

At least I can say the success won't be as huge as ASIB for sure.

DrewPa

I think the film could be a big commercial success regardless of its artistic quality

the intriguing nature of the story (murder in the Milanese fashion world in its golden years), the actors and director involved, the era (80's 90's kitsch in all its glory)... I think that at least the first week people will want to see it even if only out of curiosity.

If then the film is good, or even just funny even if in a camp and somewhat unintentional way, word of mouth will do the rest

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

luxoricious

I'm sure it won't match ASIB, but it can be a kind of successful, for Gaga alone (plus Ridley Scott and other huge actors).

And hopefully will be received well by the press, have a couple of GG or AA nominations, and yes, that will boost the film a bit.

tomdsgn
39 minutes ago, Reality said:

I guess it depends on your definition of what a "blockbuster" box office is. A Star is Born made over $400 million, which was really good. In normal circumstances, I could see House of Gucci doing similar numbers; however, we're still in a pandemic and the box office recently hasn't been great.

I can’t imagine Gucci doing similar numbers to ASIB - the music a large part of the hype for that movie. 

I think this movie will be critically received, an award contender and do respectably in the box office, but I don’t think it’ll be a blockbuster. 

Glamourpuss

I think it's going to be a success. It might not be a massive hit at the box office but I think it will be critically acclaimed and will be up for some big awards. 

Archived