šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gucci be a blockbuster success?

flyaway

Featured Posts

MadreMonster

It wonā€™t be ASIB success but I think itā€™ll do well. I will determine that by the trailer.

Reality
15 minutes ago, tomdsgn said:

I canā€™t imagine Gucci doing similar numbers to ASIB - the music a large part of the hype for that movie.Ā 

I think this movie will be critically received, an award contenderĀ and do respectablyĀ in the box office, but I donā€™t think itā€™ll be a blockbuster.Ā 

Well, it's not going to do as well asĀ A Star is BornĀ regardless because we're still in a pandemic.

The music was a big part of the movie, that's true, but I'd say that this movie seems more high-profile thanĀ ASIB.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

As long as critics like it, Iā€™d be very happy. More Oscar noms would be incredible. I live for the acclaim and positive press (I guess I have PSTD from ARTPOP lol).Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t think itā€™ll be a ā€œblockbusterā€ though bc the storyline sounds too niche. Will it give the gays everything they want? I think so.Ā 

JRCF29

It will be a Top 20 release for the year, for sure. I would estimate that a good $3-4M of the box office will come from Gaga's presence alone, and it will probably make $35-45M total. I just can't see it being a blockbuster by any stretch of the term.Ā 

I concur with those saying it will be a critical darling, but I doubt it will win any major awards beyond Costume Design and/or Hair and Makeup.Ā 

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
28 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'd say that this movie seems more high-profile thanĀ ASIB.

:bear:

GenuinelyĀ curious, what makes you say that?

Don't Call Me Gaga

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

I donā€™t agree either.Ā 

tomdsgn
2 hours ago, Reality said:

Well, it's not going to do as well asĀ A Star is BornĀ regardless because we're still in a pandemic.

The music was a big part of the movie, that's true, but I'd say that this movie seems more high-profile thanĀ ASIB.

My opinion is the same, pandemic or not.Ā 

RAMROD

Fam, y'all better be keeping your expectations in check.

Domestic (U.S ), it might do decent, but it won't be like before 2020 happened.

We are still in pandemic, many countries are still closing their cinemas and malls, and also many of you already said, you choose streaming over cinemas on the other thread. If Fast 9 can't even get even close 1 billion after few weeks now, which they can easily do in their first week, before pandemic, then HoG could be in trouble.

As you can see on the poster, which clearly said "IN THEATERS", HoG looks to only be screened in cinemas only, at least for first few weeks.

So please be excited but realistic, and don't hype yourself up too much.Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

If it were normal times, I think it would pull $400-$500 million.

Pandemic time, who knows? Worldwide revenue will undoubtedly contribute less than it otherwise would have, especially because Europe is a mixed bag and this probably won't be getting a China release. The U.S. is itself a question mark, we have no idea where we'll be with the pandemic in November, so, I think worst case scenario is somewhere in the $40-50 million range, absolute best case scenario would be around $200 million.

AURAOFSHEISSE

I just want her to get the acting OscarĀ lady gaga kiss GIF by AMAs

ā€œHands on your knees, Iā€™m Angelina Jolieā€

Reality
2 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

The cast is filled with a bunch of really great, legendary actors (+ Jared Leto :awkney:), Ridley Scott is a very famous director, and this is definitely one of MGM's biggest movies this year.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Jill
3 hours ago, Kantakyakirno said:

I'm also curious; why Paramount+ ? Recently, MGM is bought by Amazon, so it should have gone to Amazon Prime. I guess the deal was done before the Amazon purchase.Ā 

This movie would haveĀ more huge if it got Netflix deal. The place I live- Netflix is very accessible.Ā 

Amazon doesn't own MGM yet afaik. The acquisition is still in process.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Archived