💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Billie Eilish: Happier Than Ever (album)

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TheSlash
10 minutes ago, Mindblown said:

She really dropped the worst singles and saved her whole p*ssy for the album release. 

:tony::bradley:

I agree, but gurl, the wording of your post :duck: :rip:

Ew, David!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born This Way

...WHY THE HELL DID SHE MAKE NDA, LOST CAUSE, AND MY FUTURE SINGLES?!?! Those were terrible choices like the worst choices for singles. The singles should have been OverHeated, Therefore I Am, Everybody Dies, and Oxytoxin, and GOLDWING. 

Omg I'm very surprised I like it cuz I didn't like 4/5 of the singles. NDA is actually good I just wish she hadn't have used those Among Us strings. I absoulutely love the title track, Oxytocin, OverHeated, Therefore I Am, and Billie Bossa Nova.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Morphine Prince

Finished the album. 

A very solid sophomore album. 

I don’t think you can appreciate all the details with a few listens. There’s tons to dig into. 

I am so proud of Billie for continuing to make the art she wants regardless of outside forces. 

StarstruckIllusion

Yeah this album ain’t it… as someone who really liked her last one… yikes :(

BillieGOAT

I can’t count how many times i’ve cried ?!?!?!  This album is amazing and i am so ripped open and also sewn together by these songs. I love her more than i did before which i didn’t even know was possible 

MadreMonster
5 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Not every one will like everything but the critics are raving and I love it!

MadreMonster

A lot to explore with this album! And I’m glad she didn’t sell out to get a hit, this is so authentic and amazing!

RAMROD

Solid album. I really enjoyed it.

Also very good album to drive with at night 🚙💨

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SevenWonder
17 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

I totally get that. It's super moody. But I like sad depressing songs. Also, the highs for me (NDA, Oxycotin, and Happier Than Ever) are just too high to not make me love it. 

Luv u Sum

i am very impressed with how mature she sounds in the album as a whole. i was a little worried with some of the singles but i had such a fun first listen and OH MY GOD THE TITLE TRACK 

The first 6 tracks were absolutely incredible. There's a smooth (and almost jazzy?) quality to songs like Billie Bossa Nova, Goldwing, and Lost Cause that I really like, her voice sounds great in that style. Love Getting Older and I Didn't Change My Number, shocked that Oxytocin wasn't released as a single, let alone the lead.

And then it just totally fell flat for me from Halley's Comet to Therefore I Am, with the exception of NDA. The middle felt so directionless and all melted together.

I might be in the minority that felt like Happier Than Ever was good, but not outstanding. I prefer other songs on the album. Male Fantasy was great.

All in all, there's a killer album hidden in here, but a lot of excess that kinda takes away from the album as a whole for me. Overall, though, I liked it much more than I was expecting to, and it's at the very least doesn't set her back. It's enough for a second album, even if it isn't particularly groundbreaking or a monumental step forward for her career. She's really gotta change it up on her next release though, the whispering is getting super old.

The same stagnancy is ultimately what drove me away from LDR after stanning during her first 3 albums – felt like I was listening to the same song over and over. I don't think Billie is quite there yet, but I think you could rearrange her entire discography and not think anything was out of place (whereas, for example, it'd be pretty obvious if you swapped BTW/ASIB/TF tracks).

gabeoz

I was nervous about the album :bradley: but I was so wrong. Halley's comet is the highlight for me, its such a beautiful song. Followed closely by Everybody Dies, Getting Older, Happier Than Ever, Oxycotin, Male Fantasy... Not to mention NDA and Your Power. ugh, they're all so good. :gaycat: We're streaming Happier Than Ever

1 hour ago, BillieGOAT said:

I can’t count how many times i’ve cried ?!?!?!  This album is amazing and i am so ripped open and also sewn together by these songs. I love her more than i did before which i didn’t even know was possible 

Did you like really cry ? :triggered:

gabeoz
3 minutes ago, Eido said:

Did you like really cry ? :triggered:

:air: 

Archived