The Suicide Squad receives critical acclaim - 98% on Rotten Tomatoes

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Interesting to see how it turn once the movies are releases :oprah:

DC Movies are usually tanked in reviews once the embargo lifted.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
Just now, RAMROD said:

Interesting to see how it turn once the movies are releases :oprah:

DC Movies are usually tanked in reviews once the embargo lifted.

It already is based on more than 60 reviews though.

RAMROD
Just now, Bradley said:

It already is based on more than 60 reviews though.

I hope it stays that way 🤞

sarahb

Oh good, it looked so much better than the previous one, not that they set a very high bar :selena:

RAMROD

I am stanning King shark btw :sis:

Reality

Rotten Tomatoes is a very deceiving site because all it does is give the percentage of people who gave the film an overall positive review. Just because it sits at a 98% doesn’t mean that it’s like an A+ movie. It means that 98% of critics liked the film. In actuality, the film could be mediocre, but because most people still enjoyed it, it has a high RT score.

That being said, I’m definitely still going to watch this and I’m definitely still excited to go and see it. Like the first Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey though, I’m 100% watching this solely for Harley Quinn.

🖤👹

Bradley
31 minutes ago, Reality said:

Rotten Tomatoes is a very deceiving site because all it does is give the percentage of people who gave the film an overall positive review. Just because it sits at a 98% doesn’t mean that it’s like an A+ movie. It means that 98% of critics liked the film. In actuality, the film could be mediocre, but because most people still enjoyed it, it has a high RT score.

That being said, I’m definitely still going to watch this and I’m definitely still excited to go and see it. Like the first Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey though, I’m 100% watching this solely for Harley Quinn.

It's better than Metacritic. One review giving it 25/100 will bring the score down by like 30 when others give it a score of 70-80. We've seen how Pitchfork did this to Joanne and Chromatica.

I remember a business website that reviewed A Star Is Born negatively that was barely able to recount its plot and the review was published way too quickly and people found out they didn't actually see the movie. Such a pointless review would only be counted as one negative review on RT whereas MC would drastically take down the total score because of it.

Reality
12 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It's better than Metacritic. One review giving it 25/100 will bring the score down by like 30 when others give it a score of 70-80. We've seen how Pitchfork did this to Joanne and Chromatica.

I remember a business website that reviewed A Star Is Born negatively that was barely able to recount its plot and the review was published way too quickly and people found out they didn't actually see the movie. Such a pointless review would only be counted as one negative review on RT whereas MC would drastically take down the total score because of it.

Well, all review sites have their problems. I’m not saying that RT is bad—I use it all the time—but I think it’s important for people to understand what the site actually does. The percentage number isn’t a rating, it’s a percentage of people who liked the movie.

As I said, it could be a very mediocre movie, but because 98% of critics decided to give it a fresh tomato, that means it gets a 98%. 

🖤👹

LaLuna

That's quite the improvement, wasn't the first one like, universally panned? 

hieronymus
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I am stanning King shark btw :sis:

1*Qz4iEZCG1MJm3rhm2Kpb8w.jpeg

I honestly had such a weird crush on them when I was like 7.

Madam Margolyes
1 hour ago, Reality said:

Yes, that’s why on RT, we have to look at the average rating instead of the tomatometer. The suicide squad’s average rating is actually really good tho, it’s 8.10/10 out of 68 reviews so far

Neight Shayde
Just now, Madam Margolyes said:

Yes, that’s why on RT, we have to look at the average rating instead of the tomatometer. The suicide squad’s average rating is actually really good tho, it’s 8.10/10 out of 68 reviews so far

7/10 with top critics

Archived