đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Spanish judge recommends Shakira face tax fraud trial

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Update: Today a Spanish judge investigating alleged tax fraud by Shakira recommended that the case go to trial after concluding there is evidence that the pop star could have avoided her fiscal obligations to the state.
source

Shakira may face trial in Spain for allegations of tax fraud that could land her behind bars, El Pais reported on Wednesday.

According to the report, a Spanish judge concluded 3 years of investigation and ruled that there are “sufficient indications” for the singer to be prosecuted for failing to pay some €14.5 million in personal income and corporate tax by hiding her income through a corporate network in tax havens from 2012 to 2014..

The head of the examining court of Barcelona considers that there are signs of “criminality” to continue the procedure against the artist and that the case will be settled in a judgment. The criminal process derives from a complaint from the Spanish Prosecutor’s Office, which accuses her of 6 crimes against the Public Treasury.

The report indicated that Shakira has been insisting that she resided in the Bahamas, only visiting Spain "sporadically", but authorities insist that is not entirely true, having investigated her life in Barcelona with her boyfriend Gerard Pique.

Shakira and the other defendants "used a series of mercantile companies" to appear as owners of the singer's assets.

Shakira has already paid the 14.5 million, plus another three as interest, for an alleged tax fraud committed between those years.

source source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Economy
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

The report indicated that Shakira has been insisting that she resided in the Bahamas, only visiting Spain "sporadically", but authorities insist that is not entirely true, having investigated her life in Barcelona with her boyfriend Gerard Pique.

This suggests maybe she thought it would be fine and not considered fraud legally and probably thought the bahamas would be a technical legal loophole but i guess she failed to recognize if u still spend the majority of ur time in a jurisdiction they arent gonna buy that excuse or explanation

I think she knew what she was doing with trying to find a loophole there but she probably didnt think it would be a legal issue

When u try and bend the rules too far, u always risk thinking everything is fine but it ends up coming back to bite u

Stupid Oreo

we need to get that girl from tiktok that sings like shakira, to create sth jail themed to set the mood:poot:

beaublue

I’m surprised they were able to bring formal charges but I’m happy they have. Most rich people use loopholes like this to evade taxes, Jeff Bezos & Trump for example. It’s hard to bring charges though I guess the tax laws in Spain are different than the ones here in the US.

JusKeepBreathin

The way this sounds like something from a drug cartel mafia movie. 

Does she have a couple of Swedish bank accounts too?

She knows the tax laws in the Bahamas are next to non existent. That's why most cruise ships are registered to the Bahamas. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Teletubby
56 minutes ago, Economy said:

This suggests maybe she thought it would be fine and not considered fraud legally and probably thought the bahamas would be a technical legal loophole but i guess she failed to recognize if u still spend the majority of ur time in a jurisdiction they arent gonna buy that excuse or explanation

I think she knew, she wasn't even a one day in Bahamas from 2012 to 2014 or maybe she got advices from her boyfriend who was also fined for unpaid taxes 2 years ago (he faked the handover of his rights images to his own company to pay less tax in 2008-2010).

Shakira’s representatives told tax authorities on numerous occasions that she was living in Bahamas most of the time, but it was a lie. Spanish prosecutors found out she had no physical presence for a single day during 2012-2014. She was only in the US for several weeks to record The Voice and with her boyfriend on vacation but she was mostly in Barcelona.
She was often photographed in Barcelona, she gave birth to her kids. The inspector also found that she received private French lessons, had zumba teacher, hairdresser did her hair in her home in Barcelona twice a week and a lot of more. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Teletubby

• Teletubby changed the title to Spanish judge recommends Shakira face tax fraud trial
Lona Delery

rich people trying to avoid paying taxes while the poor are exploited, whats new

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Teletubby
14 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

It’s hard to bring charges though I guess the tax laws in Spain are different than the ones here in the US.

In Spain were many cases of footballers who was fined for tax fraud, the most famous were Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo who were fined and also given a suspended jail term. 

Archived