Featured Posts

artd0me

Then two of my favourites would’ve played the evil queen 🥰

Gaga and Lana Parrilla (OUAT)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies

So why does everyone assume they’ll redo „snowwhite“? It could be any other Disney movie

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

liquidsunshine
12 hours ago, Slovakialop said:

Sorry,

but I don't think it's a good idea to be on a Disney's non-inspired and forgettable remake.

All those remakes are front-loaded and almost-forgotten, since their creative quality is very low.

Yes but it’s good to be at the current zeitgeist of pop culture if she wants to position as a real commodity for Hollywood which is a better career path to be able to easily switch from respectful acting roles to big hollywood buster. I’d even say she’d would be the first true pop star to do that. Not even Jlo during hear peak has been able to carry a big Hollywood movie on the caliber of Disney. 

OMonster
1 hour ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

So why does everyone assume they’ll redo „snowwhite“? It could be any other Disney movie

Because the Snow White live action has already been confirmed and they're currently casting it. Rachel Zegler will play the title character and Gaga seems an obvious pick for the Evil Queen. They'll most likely want to expand the role (give her a backstory, more depth, musical moments) and Gaga would be ideal for that, especially on the musical front. 

subtext / fantasy

Galvon
10 hours ago, Chromatican said:

So the Evil Queen has been played by Miranda Richardson, Sigourney Weaver, Lana Parrilla, Charlize Theron, Kathy Najimy and possibly Lady Gaga? The role demands TALENT. 

Lana Parilla was very entertaining en fun to watch as evil queen.

Sigourney Weaver was more creepy, but still somewhat realistic.

Charlize Theron is still the best liveaction evil queen by todays standards I think.

Miranda Richardson, Kathy Najimy and even Julia Robberts were very forgetable imo.

GucciGa

Rachel Zegler commented on Gaga's new post... Does she usually interact with her? 

😇

Lampost
On 7/29/2021 at 5:49 PM, GucciGa said:

Rachel Zegler commented on Gaga's new post... Does she usually interact with her? 

This has almost confirmed it for me - they've never really interacted before. I really think Gaga is playing the Evil Queen. Some 'insiders' are hinting that the actress playing the character is Gaga too.

flyaway

At the beginning I was  like 'YES, go for it! 'But it's an average role of a remake film. No new story, no surprise. I'm not here for another remake like ASIB, thank u next...

I would like to see some depth after Gucci, something inspiring.

President Biden
On 7/28/2021 at 3:20 PM, nodandsmile said:

the biggest critic she got for ASIB and Hotel is that they are not that big of a reach for her or too close to the characters she has played in her musical performances... 

I want her to avoid being typecast which slowed down a lot of people's careers and the best way to do that is by picking roles that are very different form one another and from the actor's own persona (or in Gaga's case personas) 

and for @LateToCult it's definitely possible to play original parts that transcends generations, not easy tho! she's Lady freaking Gaga she can afford to be picky

Interesting point, Idk much about Hollywood but that’s neat.

I think she should break out and do like a really high quality comedy next. Something where she plays like a rural Midwest woman. I mean her family is from Pennsylvania, it’s not a far stretch for her to imagine. But I think it would be a break out in terms of diversity.

I got drunk

freebit

Ugh, hope not. Disney remakes are almost always mediocre and pointless. Let Rachel Weisz take this one & hold out for an orginal property or new princess /heroine character where she can do the voice and the soundtrack (get them to buy the rights to The Last Unicorn or whatever). 

On 7/29/2021 at 2:32 AM, liquidsunshine said:

Yes but it’s good to be at the current zeitgeist of pop culture if she wants to position as a real commodity for Hollywood which is a better career path to be able to easily switch from respectful acting roles to big hollywood buster. I’d even say she’d would be the first true pop star to do that. Not even Jlo during hear peak has been able to carry a big Hollywood movie on the caliber of Disney. 

I think with these, it really doesn't matter who they cast because people are paying to see the character more than the stars in it, it's like a Marvel movie. 

Gaga2645
On 7/29/2021 at 3:45 AM, OMonster said:

Because the Snow White live action has already been confirmed and they're currently casting it. Rachel Zegler will play the title character and Gaga seems an obvious pick for the Evil Queen. They'll most likely want to expand the role (give her a backstory, more depth, musical moments) and Gaga would be ideal for that, especially on the musical front. 

Original songs incoming

OMonster
9 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Original songs incoming

Almost certainly!

subtext / fantasy

ElectricAlley

The Disney remakes are sort of corny and forgettable, but I think it could be fun to see Gaga in a role like this. I just hope that afterward she takes on different kinds of roles so she isn’t typecast as a “villain” after this and Gucci. 

Archived