Jump to content
opinion

MEGARATE || Happier Than Ever || Billie Eilish


Happier Than Ever  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. NDA?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2021 at 04:00 PM

Featured Posts

Pennywise

@TheSlash can you check if I sent my rates? Because I don't remember if I did :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • TheSlash

    39

  • JazmineRice

    5

  • Helxig

    4

  • RAMROD

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "Happier Than Ever" MEGARATE  !   Billie Eilish's sophomore album will release in less than 48h, so bc of that (and before anyone else can claim this megarate  ) the event is

I'm sorry, I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't listened to the full album 

Friendly reminder that you have 3 weeks to go  . If you voted already, you can ignore this post, but please check your rates so nothing's invalid there  . If just one rate is not valid, I have to excl

TheSlash
Just now, Pennywise said:

@TheSlash can you check if I sent my rates? Because I don't remember if I did :poot:

You did :lolly: .

Licensed mess since 1995
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash

So, um, the day has come :awkney: . This is the final reminder to submit your rates, if you haven't done so already. You still have roughly 6 hours to do so. After that, I will close the form and the submission phase ends :ohno: .

So PLEASE, if you didn't submit yet, do so if you still want to. And if you DID submit your rates, please double and triple check so everything's valid :udidnt: .

From 39 people seemingly interested I got 33 submissions so far :dom: . You better get going :dom: .

Licensed mess since 1995
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamourpuss

I'm definitely sending mine today. I just need to check them one last time. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Helxig
40 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

So, um, the day has come :awkney: . This is the final reminder to submit your rates, if you haven't done so already. You still have roughly 6 hours to do so. After that, I will close the form and the submission phase ends :ohno: .

So PLEASE, if you didn't submit yet, do so if you still want to. And if you DID submit your rates, please double and triple check so everything's valid :udidnt: .

From 39 people seemingly interested I got 33 submissions so far :dom: . You better get going :dom: .

I'm sorry, I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't listened to the full album :bradley:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cello
Just now, Helxig said:

I'm sorry, I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't listened to the full album :bradley:

no-electric-chair.gif

she / her
  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash
Just now, Helxig said:

I'm sorry, I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't listened to the full album :bradley:

Today's Sunday, you have a bit more than 5 hours and the album is 1 hour of excellence :bradley: .

Licensed mess since 1995
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Helxig
5 minutes ago, Cello said:

no-electric-chair.gif

 

5 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Today's Sunday, you have a bit more than 5 hours and the album is 1 hour of excellence :bradley: .

 

I had to admit it because I kept getting tags please don't judge me :bradley:

The problem is that a bunch of the songs I skimmed through on first 'listen' to the album seem like real growers, or only songs that I can listen to while in a certain mood. And I don't feel comfortable giving them a bad rating if they are objectively beautiful, masterfully written songs, but are just not the kind of music I enjoy.

Like Goldwing for example is a beautiful track, absolutely gorgeous, but in terms of replay value... it's gonna be a skip for me... won't even make it to playlists. I can't give a track like that a low rating!! But I'm also not going to rate it high, because I'll probably never listen to it again. Also, NDA has just grown on me this week after being released for a month!

I simply cannot rate these songs fairly. I can't!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash
Just now, Helxig said:

 

 

I had to admit it because I kept getting tags please don't judge me :bradley:

The problem is that a bunch of the songs I skimmed through on first 'listen' to the album seem like real growers, or only songs that I can listen to while in a certain mood. And I don't feel comfortable giving them a bad rating if they are objectively beautiful, masterfully written songs, but are just not the kind of music I enjoy.

Like Goldwing for example is a beautiful track, absolutely gorgeous, but in terms of replay value... it's gonna be a skip for me... won't even make it to playlists. I can't give a track like that a low rating!! But I'm also not going to rate it high, because I'll probably never listen to it again. Also, NDA has just grown on me this week after being released for a month!

I simply cannot rate these songs fairly. I can't!

Don't let your rates be influenced by "what the song deserves". The whole point of a megarate is to give a subjective rating and influence the overall rating :laughga: .

Licensed mess since 1995
Link to post
Share on other sites
Helxig
Just now, TheSlash said:

Don't let your rates be influenced by "what the song deserves". The whole point of a megarate is to give a subjective rating and influence the overall rating :laughga: .

I REFUSE :bradley:  I can't morally rate good songs badly and ruin their score because I don't like them

Also, another scandalous fact...  The exact week that Rain On Me dropped I was super depressed and hated the song, would've probably rated it 2/10. But I was in a f.ucked up headspace and listening to metal and depressing music and shi.it. But now I can't even believe that because it's a 10/10 *chefs kiss* masterpiece. If I rated it back then the low rating would haunt me and wake me from my dreams every night :smh:

I REFUSE

I'll just tell you that Oxytocin and Happy Than Ever are a 10/10 and leave it at that thank you bye

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash
Just now, Helxig said:

I REFUSE :bradley:  I can't morally rate good songs badly and ruin their score because I don't like them

Also, another scandalous fact...  The exact week that Rain On Me dropped I was super depressed and hated the song, would've probably rated it 2/10. But I was in a f.ucked up headspace and listening to metal and depressing music and shi.it. But now I can't even believe that because it's a 10/10 *chefs kiss* masterpiece. If I rated it back then the low rating would haunt me and wake me from my dreams every night :smh:

I REFUSE

I'll just tell you that Oxytocin and Happy Than Ever are a 10/10 and leave it at that thank you bye

Then at least show up at the ceremony :dom:

Licensed mess since 1995
  • Shook 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Helxig
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

Then at least show up at the ceremony :dom:

 

Okay :wtfga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

I'll just tell you that Oxytocin and Happy Than Ever are a 10/10 and leave it at that thank you bye

Almost forgot: With this you showed excellent taste :golfclap: 

Licensed mess since 1995
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash
Posted (edited)

SUBMISSION PHASE HAS ENDED

nuclear explosion bomb GIF

The form is closed and ratings are final now :tony: . 36 participants voted for their most and least favorite songs and gave their ratings and often times their commentary. The loser was clear from the beginning :billie: . The top 3 though? Not so much. They changed constantly. But also the middle ones changed quite drastically over time. Hope this got you intrigued :hor: .

The ceremony will be held on Tuesday, 8pm CEST (please look up the time for your timezone). See you then :firega: . Everyone who voted in the poll will be notified 30 minutes before it begins :diane: .

Edited by TheSlash
Licensed mess since 1995
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...