💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

‘Wild Side’ falls 31 spots on Hot 100 this week

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

boyerased

I could go on so much about her. She has the talent but no identity to set her apart. I think part of it also is her team overestimating who she is. There’s no promo or solid rollout strategy. 

For me a song is a hit if I’ve heard it from several people, or if it had legs on the chart but even that isn’t always true. Especially now in streaming where everyone could either mass stream something or have a song years ago suddenly blow up. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RainingOnMe
6 minutes ago, boyerased said:

I could go on so much about her. She has the talent but no identity to set her apart. I think part of it also is her team overestimating who she is. There’s no promo or solid rollout strategy. 

For me a song is a hit if I’ve heard it from several people, or if it had legs on the chart but even that isn’t always true. Especially now in streaming where everyone could either mass stream something or have a song years ago suddenly blow up. 

This.

It's all over the place. She needs to establish herself. Who is Normani? Establish an artist identity, establish a style... 

But this song was a terrible lead single imo, the Cardi feature is so forced. :( I love Normani and I know she can succeed but she needs a better team.

More like wild slide :sis:

OT: Norman’s got the talent vocally and choreo-wise but I agree with others saying that no one really knows who she is as an artist and what her point of view is. She’s kinda running out of time at this point. Hope she’s able to turn it around tho

franminervini

Literally I haven't heard about the song after it dropped. No performances, interviews or anything like that? Even Cardi was doing more promo than Normani herself... such a mess. And the song is quite boring. :bye:

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

JusKeepBreathin

Not even Cardi could save that song. 

It had no interest or a catchy hook. 

Like seriously even the song they took the note progression from had a catchy hook.

"You love is a one in million 

It goes on and on and on 

You give me a really good feeling 

All day long"

Even if you don't remember anything thing else as a GP you remember that.

Gaga had 

What's goin' on on the floor?
I love this record, baby, but I can't see straight anymore (woo!)
Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?
I can't remember but it's alright, a-alright

Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record, babe, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, gonna be okay, d-d-d-dance
Dance, dance, just, j-j-just dance

And then right after that

Can't read my, can't read my
No, he can't read my poker face
(She's got me like nobody)
Can't read my, can't read my
No, he can't read my poker face
(She's got me like nobody)

P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face (mum-mum-mum-mah)
P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face (mum-mum-mum-mah)

She had catchy amazing lyrics and hooks that propelled her to pop star status instantly. 

The video was pretty great tho. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived