Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Elon Musk warns population collapse is the greatest risk to humanity

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

And i guess launching a car into space wasting tons and tons of energy and resourses is gonna help :ohwell:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jacs vs looser
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Isn't it actually the opposite? More people = more co2, more animals killed, more earth ressources used... :confused: I'm confused

Don't be, you're right. Human population growth is declining, but not at such an alarming rate as to make society "collapse", and even then it is *capitalist economy* what would collapse, the world itself would still stand (arguably better than ever for every other species). 

thierryrreiht

Humans are an anomaly and nothing we do today truly has a meaning. Population SHOULD decrease. We're not special. We are not worth saving by fleeing to other planets. 

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Humanity and Life is overrated.

YASKALE
36 minutes ago, BlueRose said:

Earth has enough resources for everyone, considering that modern societies are very wasteful for example meat and diary industries require a lot of resources and occupy a lot of land to feed huge amounts of crops to feed to animals. Imagine all this fields being used to feed humans.

Not to be a negative nelly, but ecological collapse is unfortunately not always linked to resources being used up. There are other factors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_collapse

"Some scientists predict that a global ecological collapse will occur after 50% of the natural landscape is gone due to human development.[22] There is evidence that even large ecosystems can collapse on relatively short timescales, disproportionately faster than smaller ecosystems. A paper suggests that once a 'point of no return' is reached, breakdowns do not occur gradually but rapidly and that the Amazon rainforest could shift to a savannah-type mixture of trees and grass within 50 years and the Caribbean coral reefs could collapse within 15 years once a state of collapse has been reached.[23][24][25][20]"

Totally spitballing, but we might have better chances of avoiding the above by having fewer children, rather than trying to game the environment etc. etc.

tylerjs

One kid with a high IQ gets a bunch of money and suddenly is a genius with the capacity to decide what’s right for the entire human race. He’s a clown, people who blindly follow and believe everything he says are clowns, and his ideas to populate Mars are strictly to inflate his own ego and line his own pockets. He loves to use this brainwashing facade of “it’s for science, it’s for the greater good” okay then solve world hunger. Figure out a way to make clean water accessible to more people. Maybe fix up every school in the country. Don’t sit here and act like you’re some savior from above because you want to be the American Airlines of space. He infuriates me so much. There’s a video of him from a while ago where he cries because his childhood hero who is an astronaut didn’t want anything to do with his commercialization of space (which obviously) and he was apparently shocked by that. Go figure, a scientist doesn’t want a billionaire with an inflated ego capitalizing on natural resources for their own gain. He really thinks he’s owed something for putting a battery in a car and putting a rocket in the sky. Do some actual good for life on earth and then we’ll talk. @Bezos same for you :ohwell:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Agunimon
29 minutes ago, River said:

But only a small percentage of the world population can actually afford them so what’s the point in keep on investing on them, he just needs to either sell the patent or work together with the motor companies 

Totally agree.

CautiousLurker
32 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Isn't it actually the opposite? More people = more co2, more animals killed, more earth ressources used... :confused: I'm confused

Pretty much... By all measures, if our economy focused on sustainability, fewer people and slower population growth would be a good thing - humanity is far FAR away from going extinct, via slowed birth rate at least...

What Elon and every other rich f*ck are worried about is slowed economic growth which in capitalist society relies heavily on a steady influx of people in the workforce... None of them, of course, want to do anything, even the bare minimum, like helping with child rearing and such - they just want more people who can work so that they can benefit from their labor... 

Ronnie

It's becoming too expensive to live let alone throwing a baby into the mix. Plus, I think kids are learning about safe sex through social media instead of abstinence in school.

flyaway

Also is travelling to space and keep polluting the atmosphere. 

Thank u next 

judaspriest
33 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Humans are an anomaly and nothing we do today truly has a meaning. Population SHOULD decrease. We're not special. We are not worth saving by fleeing to other planets. 

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Humanity and Life is overrated.

You said it, dude!

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I’m more surprised he has stan accounts. :rip: I thought he was universally disliked along with Jeff Bezos. :air: 

Except for the fact that he's a billionaire and the capitalism stuff, why whould we dislike him personally? I think it's cool to have someone trying to make those crazy ideas work, maybe in the future they will not sound as crazy as they do know, who knows? 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Pennywise

Under Capitalism, we can't even look after our current population on earth, let alone fearing a population collapse yet. Why is he even talking about this? Does he want cheap and desperate workers? 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

If anything, there must be a population collapse if we are to survive the next 100 years or so. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

MonsterOfSpain
Just now, Pennywise said:

If anything, there must be a population collapse if we are to survive the next 100 years or so. 

Start collapsing then

penny-lede.thumb.jpg.71596562c2cd5d09e67

Archived