Elon Musk warns population collapse is the greatest risk to humanity

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Pennywise
Just now, MonsterOfSpain said:

Start collapsing then

penny-lede.thumb.jpg.71596562c2cd5d09e67

Why would you expose my secret ideas like that though :poot:

anyways I think if half the population would just float down here things would be nice thank u :ally:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P0JffionRowQat

Regarding overpopulation.  Didn't the leftists and rightists hate China for the 1-child policy?  

Musk and the One-Percenters (top 1% income in the world) who owned 90% of the world's resources, should donate 75% of their wealth back to society's populations.  Or they should use their wealth to fix climate change.

BlueRose
1 hour ago, YASKALE said:

Not to be a negative nelly, but ecological collapse is unfortunately not always linked to resources being used up. There are other factors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_collapse

"Some scientists predict that a global ecological collapse will occur after 50% of the natural landscape is gone due to human development.[22] There is evidence that even large ecosystems can collapse on relatively short timescales, disproportionately faster than smaller ecosystems. A paper suggests that once a 'point of no return' is reached, breakdowns do not occur gradually but rapidly and that the Amazon rainforest could shift to a savannah-type mixture of trees and grass within 50 years and the Caribbean coral reefs could collapse within 15 years once a state of collapse has been reached.[23][24][25][20]"

Totally spitballing, but we might have better chances of avoiding the above by having fewer children, rather than trying to game the environment etc. etc.

and what causes the deforestation? what causes the damage of coral reefs? The answer is human greed.

He suggests that in order to survive we have to go to other planets because we are to wasteful. Then we are going to go to an other planet and make the same mistakes again(we refers to the super rich who want to create a paradise in an other planet while they created a hell on Earth) maybe we should change our way of life? 

Why is he not addressing fast fashion? meat industry? or child slavery (:ohwell: )? tourism industry?  

He is a fked up  individual, who wants to play saviour and being quirky while doing it.

PartySick
2 hours ago, River said:

But only a small percentage of the world population can actually afford them so what’s the point in keep on investing on them, he just needs to either sell the patent or work together with the motor companies 

And you also charge those cars with electricity that's usually generated using fossil fuels :flop:

🖤

River
10 minutes ago, PartySick said:

And you also charge those cars with electricity that's usually generated using fossil fuels :flop:

exactly lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Jill
3 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I’m more surprised he has stan accounts. :rip: I thought he was universally disliked along with Jeff Bezos. :air: 

He does unfortunately. The funny thing though is once you know someone stans him, you already know pretty much everything about their personality :rip: They're like a monolithic

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

P0JffionRowQat

His stans on twitter congratulate him for the $178 million gift from NASA aka from the gov.  Seems like the govs love to spend on these innovative space conquer advancement, china's gov also did the same thing by sending a spaceship into outer space and large debris fell back onto earth.  Luckily, the large debris fell into the ocean.

Govs love to race into space for pride, govs also love to waste money on pride events such as the Olympics.

Chromatography

fvck yourself elon you’re one of the greatest risks to humanity

4 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Did he lie 

Pretty much. He may actually believe it, but it's not true. And it's a popular talking point with white supremacists, which makes me wonder who he's been hanging out with.

What is true is that we have a broken economic system that's predicated on endless growth. We should fix that rather than promoting overpopulation.

4 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I’m more surprised he has stan accounts. :rip: I thought he was universally disliked along with Jeff Bezos. :air: 

He was more popular than not, until recently. I was never a stan, but there was a time when I was basically pro-Elon, so I can explain what people see in him. To put it simply: He's seen as someone who's helping to build a better future. Electric cars (which Tesla arguably brought back from the dead), solar power, and space flight are all part of that.

But he's also a union-buster, a kind of all-around asshole and a bit of crackpot, so...

3 hours ago, River said:

But only a small percentage of the world population can actually afford them so what’s the point in keep on investing on them, he just needs to either sell the patent or work together with the motor companies 

Where to begin... 1. There is no relevant "patent". Tesla does hold lots of small patents, but nothing that prevents other companies from making electric vehicles ("EVs"). As they, in fact, do. (It's true that they've somewhat dragged their feet on that, but it's little to do with patents. I can go into this subject at great length if you really want. There are several feature documentaries about it as well -- "Who Killed the Electric Car?" et seq.)

2. EVs are not, in principle, more expensive than internal combustion engine ("ICE") cars. The batteries are costly, but that cost has been coming down steadily, and the savings from leaving out the complex ICE system are substantial, to the point where EVs are expected to be cheaper than ICE cars even in initial cost within a few years. But in terms of total cost of ownership, EVs have always been cheaper than ICE cars, due to their simplicity and efficiency. Basically, you pay way less per mile travelled, and almost nothing for maintenance.

3. EVs are not, in practice, more expensive than ICE cars. I bought mine for only $10K, six years ago. (Yes, it was used. No, it wasn't a Tesla. Some people might call it underpowered, but those people are idiots.)

1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Not really. There's a mix of power sources, and it's getting cleaner all the time -- solar and wind are making major strides. But even with an electrical supply that's based entirely on burning coal, the greater efficiency of the EV means that it ends up polluting less. (Moving all those emissions from the tailpipes to a central smokestack is also beneficial in itself.)

Here's what the Union of Concerned Scientists says:

ucsusa_30220343.png

https://blog.ucsusa.org/dave-reichmuth/are-electric-vehicles-really-better-for-the-climate-yes-heres-why/

Gagaloo911

Lmaoooo

Billionaires truly live in their own delusional bubble huh :smh:

enissa11

mmm what he's really trying to say? giving "some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice i'm willing to take" energy. People like Elon Musk are the real humanity antagonists...

Mad Architect of Light

Archived