💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa horrified at DaBaby's comments

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Admin
1 minute ago, JustTea said:

But removing a remix is not even close to the impact of removing a whole original song like DWUW. Shouldn't be a big deal for her tbh. :saladga:

It's not “a remix“. It's the biggest version of the song and literally Dua‘s biggest hit.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aglaya
4 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Because she could just delete the remix and continue with the original version. 

Or you can stop streaming that version, as many people did with DWUW while it was on streaming services a couple years ago. And why should she do that by the way? Isn't it the same for her to just stop performing this version live and working with DaBaby on the future? She just talked about this situation publicly, wich I think it's more than enough, cause not many people care to do that. I don't think it's cool to blame Dua Lipa for not wanting to delete her biggest hit as it reaches new peaks because someone she's not related to suddenly is homophobic. Maybe in a couple years, she can do that, but asking her to do it now is just unrealistic. She's also making money from that song, cause it's her own work. She sould be able to earn her own money too. Y'all be blaming Dua when literally DaBaby is the one to be blaming.

could mean anything

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Admin said:

She never said she knew him. She said “the person she worked with“ and she did...

Right, I guess my point is: it takes more than a featuring pushed by your label to really know someone's character :yennefer:

Mocchi

Not a fan of hers despite I enjoy some of her songs, but this comment made me respect her no matter what. Now, remove his version so this sc*mbag doesn't get any single penny  

ToxicHot

I can’t believe some of you actually think Dua’s words mean nothing if that remix isn’t removed from streaming services. She’s literally signed to a major label and that song was a huge hit. I’m sure it’s not that easy to just pull your own work from somewhere, there’s so much business and legal stuff involved. :S 

I hope his career begins to decay like Morgan Wallen’s (getting removed from radio, promotional deals, banned from music award shows, etc.). I know he made some recent reassurance with an “apology” and his sales started skyrocketing after that incident but that’s not the point I’m trying to make, before someone on here quotes me and starts twisting my words. :poot:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

• Admin locked this topic
Admin

Locking because the energy of this thread is not it.

I‘ll be happy if the song is removed (or better yet, replaced with a new version with Lil Nas X), but pressuring a (relatively) new, female artist to remove her biggest piece of work just because a collaborator on it turned out to be an asshole is not right. Not to mention that it probably isn't even possible legally/contractually considering how massive the song currently is.

Archived