💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa horrified at DaBaby's comments

Teletubby

Featured Posts

enissa11
7 minutes ago, Admin said:

Why are you ignoring the fact that the song was removed 6 whole years after it was released? Even if it was big (it wasn't), that song wasn't even in Gaga's Top 20 (or probably even Top 40) most streamed at the time.

It's not a precedent by any means.

i'm not ignoring it, it was deleted anyways, i'm not very knowledgeable about current pop music, it is the only case i have heard about of a big pop artist deleting a song because of its problematic collaborator, do you know any other case?

Mad Architect of Light

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BUtterfield 8

I obviously would love for Dua to be the one to remove the dababy feature but if she can’t cause of the label best thing to do is not stream it 

Aglaya

You people over here are really comparing DWUW with Levitating, as if they both were on any similar situations :smh: DWUW was removed 6 years after it's release, and it involved a way more serious crime about it than Levitating. Also, DaBaby version is just a remix, he's not featured on the regular version of the song, so its not even close to the situation regarding DWUW back in 2013. Dua should be fine with just singing the regular version in the future. I don't get why some of you keep blaming Dua for something she's not related to, at all. Y'all really be blaming a woman for a men being homophobic huh.

could mean anything

JustTea
9 minutes ago, Admin said:

Why are you ignoring the fact that the song was removed 6 whole years after it was released? Even if it was big (it wasn't), that song wasn't even in Gaga's Top 20 (or probably even Top 40) most streamed at the time.

It's not a precedent by any means.

DWUW was definitely in her top 15 most streamed tracks on Spotify back then (2018/19), maybe even top 10... And it was a relatively big hit globally, way bigger than Million Reasons. :triggered:

SpiritBunny
Just now, JustTea said:

DWUW was definitely in her top 15 most streamed tracks on Spotify back then (2018/19), maybe even top 10... And it was a relatively big hit globally, way bigger than Million Reasons. :triggered:

None of that matters it wasn't big enough for Admin 

JustTea
1 minute ago, Aglaya said:

You people over here are really comparing DWUW with Levitating, as if they both were on any similar situations :smh: DWUW was removed 6 years after it's release, and it involved a way more serious crime about it than Levitating. Also, DaBaby version is just a remix, so its not even near the situation regarding DWUW back in 2013. Dua should be fine with just singing the regular version in the future. I don't get why some of you keep blaming Dua for something she's not related to, at all. Y'all really be blaming a woman for a men being homophobic huh.

Because she could just delete the remix and continue with the original version. 

enissa11
2 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

You people over here are really comparing DWUW with Levitating, as if they both were on any similar situations :smh: DWUW was removed 6 years after it's release, and it involved a way more serious crime about it than Levitating. Also, DaBaby version is just a remix, so its not even near the situation regarding DWUW back in 2013. Dua should be fine with just singing the regular version in the future. I don't get why some of you keep blaming Dua for something she's not related to, at all. Y'all really be blaming a woman for a men being homophobic huh.

my god, i never claimed or insinuate that they were both similar situations, i just brought it up as an antecedent because there's possibilities that the song might get taken down if the right conditions happen... and i think it would be fair tbh...

Mad Architect of Light

MonsterOfSpain

Thanks to stupid arguments in this thread I've just discovered that DWUW did actually peak inside the top 10 in the Hot 100 omg :deadbanana: I always thought it had peaked at #13, and Wikipedia says that too... when did this happen?

https://www.billboard.com/music/lady-gaga/chart-history/OCC/song/803226

So this means she actually has 18 top 10 hits, 3 of them from ARTPOP... legend behaviour, one of her best songs did THAT!!

Aglaya
Just now, SpiritBunny said:

None of that matters it wasn't big enough for Admin 

DWUW involved a s*x crime accusation behind R.Kelly. Also, the song was literally called Do What U Want (With my Body), and the music video was directed by another problematic and s*x crime related person at the time. Lady Gaga decided to delete that song 6 whole years after it's release, and It wasn't even a big hit as Applause, nor even half as big as Levitating. DaBaby, on the other hand, it's just an homophibic piece of sh*t featured on a remix of a song. Dua has nothing to do with that, and should be able to just stop performing this remix live from now and that's it. People can't demand someone to delete their biggest hit just because someone she worked for a remix once is homophobic. R.Kelly is literally in prison lmao. I can't believe you guys are really comparing both situations.

could mean anything

Teletubby
7 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Well that's a bit of a problem now isn't it :selena:

the problem is that Dua Lipa got over 80M airplay and I'm not sure how can she replace it to solo version

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Admin
4 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

Thanks to stupid arguments in this thread I've just discovered that DWUW did actually peak inside the top 10 in the Hot 100 omg :deadbanana: I always thought it had peaked at #13, and Wikipedia says that too... when did this happen?

So this means she actually has 18 top 10 hits, legend behaviour, one of her best songs did THAT!!

Wait no, that's the UK chart.

It indeed peaked at #13 on the Hot 100:

https://www.billboard.com/music/lady-gaga/chart-history/HSI/song/801313

lol

Varys
5 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

So this means she actually has 18 top 10 hits, 3 of them from ARTPOP... legend behaviour, one of her best songs did THAT!!

It peaked at 9 in the UK and  13 in the USA are y’all blind 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

JustTea
3 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

DWUW involved a s*x crime accusation behind R.Kelly. Also, the song was literally called Do What U Want (With my Body), and the music video was directed by another problematic and s*x crime related person at the time. Lady Gaga decided to delete that song 6 whole years after it's release, and It wasn't even a big hit as Applause, nor even half as big as Levitating. DaBaby, on the other hand, it's just an homophibic piece of sh*t featured on a remix of a song. Dua has nothing to do with that, and should be able to just stop performing this remix live from now and that's it. People can't demand someone to delete their biggest hit just because someone she worked for a remix once is homophobic. R.Kelly is literally in prison lmao. I can't believe you guys are really comparing both situations.

But removing a remix is not even close to the impact of removing a whole original song like DWUW. Shouldn't be a big deal for her tbh. :saladga:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived