đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa horrified at DaBaby's comments

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Jose P
4 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i just brought it up because it was an antecedent and to remark that is is possible to remove a collab with problematic ppl, we should be more strict in regards homophobia in 2021

Yes it’s possible but you can’t compare removing a song that came out years before and was just a moderate hit with a song that’s currently top 3 and showing no signs of slowing down, that’s also the current hit of an artist who’s riding a career peak. This isn’t even her choice but her label’s, and her label will most likely not want to pull out a song that’s making them big cash rn. And that’s the harsh truth, because labels only care about money and homophobia is not taken as seriously as other forms of prejudice.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11
Just now, Admin said:

It did not go Top 10, it peaked at #13 on Billboard.

I’m still not sure what the point of your comparison is. 

no, it debuted at #13 and peaked later at #9, i just checked the billboard page, anyway it was not a comparison in how big the song was, it was just to brought up an antecedent of a song taken down because a problematic collaborator.

Mad Architect of Light

GAGAVENUS
1 hour ago, enissa11 said:

why do you only focus on Dua? there are also other artists who collaborated with him lately : Justin Bieber, Megan Thee Stallion, Anitta, Kanye West, DJ Khaled, 24kGoldn and he also earns money from these collabs. 

because the levitating remix is currently DaBaby's biggest song. Also dua literally has a solo version that she can start promoting immediately that's been out for over a year. It's not like if she gets rid of the dababy version, levitating wouldn't exist anymore. 

The other artists should also remove their songs w dababy as well

Admin
41 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

no, it debuted at #13 and peaked later at #9, i just checked the billboard page, anyway it was not a comparison in how big the song was, it was just to brought up an antecedent of a song taken down because a problematic collaborator.

You are correct about the peak, sorry. 

It's still an old song that is not even close to being a smash though. No song that is current and a major hit was ever taken down because of someone's behavior, so it makes no sense to expect Dua Lipa to remove her BIGGEST hit.

Edit: It actually did peak at #13 haha

https://www.billboard.com/music/lady-gaga/chart-history/HSI/song/801313

Omar Vela
1 hour ago, LG6IsHere said:

yet she's most likely not gonna remove his version of levitating? streams more important than fighting against homophobia i guess

it doesn't depend 100% on her, she kinda don't have much control over her career

enissa11
2 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Yes it’s possible but you can’t compare removing a song that came out years before and was just a moderate hit with a song that’s currently top 3 and showing no signs of slowing down, that’s also the current hit of an artist who’s riding a career peak. This isn’t even her choice but her label’s, and her label will most likely not want to pull out a song that’s making them big cash rn.

i never pretend it was as big commercially as levitating, but it was big nonetheless, it was her official second single, peak at #9, and she promoted and worked hard on it at the time, as i said, it is an antecedent.

Mad Architect of Light

GAGAVENUS

at the end of the day, dua has spent the last two years trying to and successfully courting gay fans. To this day, she still posts pictures of her partying at gay clubs, etc. And if she really wants to present herself as a true ally and gay icon, she needs to push further than just expressing her disappointment a day after all of this happened.

GodofLove
1 hour ago, RainingOnMe said:

I don't think it's about rewriting the past but recalling his remix means he can no longer profit off of it, which he deserves considering the horrible things he said.

I guess you got a point there, its like we are punishing him for what he said.

On the other hand, Dua is out of this, she can only comment what she said and is enough well said. 
I think actions should speaks louder than words and it makes me sad that if she doesn't remove the remix version she Weill be drag as a homophobic supported or like she doesn't care, bling not the music :koons:
So yeah is a DWYW kind of situation with R.Kelly and Lady Gaga

Admin
5 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i never pretend it was as big commercially as levitating, but it was big nonetheless, it was her official second single, peak at #9, and she promoted and worked hard on it at the time, as i said, it is an antecedent.

Why are you ignoring the fact that the song was removed 6 whole years after it was released? Even if it was big (it wasn't), that song wasn't even in Gaga's Top 20 (or probably even Top 40) most streamed at the time.

It's not a precedent by any means.

RainingOnMe
3 minutes ago, GodofLove said:

I guess you got a point there, its like we are punishing him for what he said.

On the other hand, Dua is out of this, she can only comment what she said and is enough well said. 
I think actions should speaks louder than words and it makes me sad that if she doesn't remove the remix version she Weill be drag as a homophobic supported or like she doesn't care, bling not the music :koons:
So yeah is a DWYW kind of situation with R.Kelly and Lady Gaga

I mean the original Levitating is also charting no? 

Please don't tell me this is the only version of Levitating that's been charting 

:selena:

Teletubby
Just now, RainingOnMe said:

Please don't tell me this is the only version of Levitating that's been charting 

Billboard counts all version as one, the version with the most streams, airplay etc. is on chart, for Dua Lipa it is remix version with Dababy.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

enissa11
17 minutes ago, Admin said:

You are correct about the peak, sorry. 

It's still an old song that is not even close to being a smash though. No song that is current and a major hit was ever taken down because of someone's behavior, so it makes no sense to expect Dua Lipa to remove her BIGGEST hit.

don't worry, you're also correct about the difference in regards of commercial succes, but i think that it is possible if the public push hard enough and there's disposition in dua's part, it's my opinion that it is fair to condemn this problematic behavior in someone that is gaining such exposure staying at the top 3 now in 2021, it's just a remix after all, it's not like all the other remixes and original song would be deleted

Mad Architect of Light

Jose P
5 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

:selena:

Adding DaBaby on the song is what made it a hit on the US in the first place 

RainingOnMe
6 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Billboard counts all version as one, the version with the most streams, airplay etc. is on chart, for Dua Lipa it is remix version with Dababy.

Well that's a bit of a problem now isn't it :selena:

Hopefully they can reduce his royalties at this point since removing it doesn't look feasible.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived