Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• Morphine Prince

• Aetheryte

• Chromatography

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids under 12 can’t get vaccinated and immunocompromised people didn’t get a choice.  What a selfish statement. 

Why everyone stop wearing it is beyond me  

I mean, it's the unvaccinated who are mostly the problem, but since I don't trust anyone these days, I am back to masking indoors for the most part. I am still dining out occasionally, and I work out

Aetheryte
43 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

When I went to the grocery store the other day, I was the only one wearing a mask, including employees :vegas:

Wow really? I live in the south of Virginia and in grocery stores, most people are wearing a mask. It's kind of crazy. Not the kind of behavior I expected moving down here.

Edited by Agunimon
  • YAAAS 1
SamanthaC

The most concerning for me (besides immunocompromised people) are the children. There are recommendations that all K-8 schools continue to wear masks (students and teachers). Some school districts are making it completely optional (still waiting to hear from mine). What is really scary is that RSV is on the rise in children, flu season is coming up, and delta seems to be hitting kids harder. I am terrified for children that cannot protect themselves or have parents that won't get them the vaccine. 

To all of you not wearing masks in public places, please keep your distance from people. The pandemic is not over because you are vaccinated. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Healed My Heart
51 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Wow really? I live in the south of Virginia and in grocery stores, most people are wearing a mask. It's kind of crazy. Not the kind of behavior I expected moving down here.

Yeah, unfortunately. I live in Western Washington, and mask wearing was never an issue in my area while they were required. Everyone complied. Even when the CDC first relaxed the mask guidance, most people were still wearing masks. It's been a pretty sudden shift in the last couple weeks where suddenly it feels like no one is masking anymore.

I'm glad more people are doing it where you are!

She/her 💗💜💙
SamanthaC
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

Do you see my husband on TV? He works for a station in the southern part of VA (based out of Lynchburg). :ladyhaha:

And we have lots of people wearing masks still here in NC. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • YAAAS 1
HermioneT
7 minutes ago, rojo said:

The pandemic is over for the vaccinated 

Depends on the country. German health administration advises everyone (including vaccinated) to keep following mask and distance rules and pretty much everybody does without any complains. It's not a big deal and so here no one ever stopped wearing masks (outside of course no masks are mandatory). As long as it will prevent us from going into lockdown again and infecting the vulnerable people, it's fine for everyone I know. 

She / hers
Chromatography
4 minutes ago, djparky said:

Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from getting covid

yes i am aware of that, but it reduces the transmission. how is it that hard to understand that you’re more protected with a mask than without one? :enigma:

Rj Barker

Probably best thing, just for a little while. The Delta variant tore through the UK at an astonishing speed. We went from 1k to 50k cases a day in no time! Luckily now they are declining daily quite fast. Looks like we might be at herd immunity almost. With 88% of all adults now with one jab and 71% with 2 jabs. I still wear a mask at work and in crowded places. Except the clubs cuz most places asking for proof of jabs or negative test on entry.

JohnWayne92

So, I’m all about wearing masks when necessary, but at the same time, this virus wouldn’t be mutating at the rate it is, IF PEOPLE WOULD GET THE VACCINE. 

At the end of the day, it should have been mandatory, GLOBALLY for all that are able. Instead, we want to handle a pandemic like we do everything else, with kid gloves so we don’t offend anyone. Freedom is literally letting the ignorant ruin the progress that we have made. 

I live with someone who can get the vaccine, and needs it, because of her health, and her and her boyfriend literally won’t because, “they have been fine so far.” They refuse to do research and they listen to Facebook who tells them that the vaccine is trash and killing you. 

We can’t continue to try and save everyone, especially when they clearly don’t want to be saved. 

alsemanche
10 minutes ago, djparky said:

Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from getting covid

At this point y'all are just trolling there is no other explanation. :staymad:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
Jill
3 hours ago, President Biden said:

:huntyga: No thank you. I decline this recommendation

Honey take your meds now. We'll go to sleep and you'll be better in the morning.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
Ziggy
3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Kids under 12 can’t get vaccinated and immunocompromised people didn’t get a choice. 

What a selfish statement. 

It’s also literally a piece of cloth lmao people are so ridiculous. It’s REALLY not that big of a deal and people need to relax. The government honestly asks very little of Americans on a routine basis and what little they do ask is always fought tooth and nail. Like, just wear a mask. It’s really not a huge ask for the vast majority of folk.

the selfishness is JUMPING out. Like they aren’t asking a ton of you and what they are asking is backed up by medical research.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3