MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

CDC updates mask use policy for vaccinated people

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

alsemanche
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

This. 

I never stopped wearing mine indoors or in groups. 

I only don’t wear it with other vaccinated people. 

The CDC is a political organization, don’t forget that. 

You always have to be ahead of what they say. 

I knew I was right. 

It's actually hilarious because the same people who drag the CDC for recommending masks also praise it when they recommend not wearing them and suddenly they believe everything it says like.... some consistency at least :toofunny:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• Morphine Prince

• Franch Toast

• rojo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids under 12 can’t get vaccinated and immunocompromised people didn’t get a choice.  What a selfish statement. 

Why everyone stop wearing it is beyond me  

I mean, it's the unvaccinated who are mostly the problem, but since I don't trust anyone these days, I am back to masking indoors for the most part. I am still dining out occasionally, and I work out

Morphine Prince
Just now, alsemanche said:

It's actually hilarious because the same people who drag the CDC for recommending masks also praise it when they recommend not wearing them and suddenly they believe everything it says like.... some consistency at least :toofunny:

Foolish people love to think in absolutes. They either believe everything the CDC says, don’t believe anything they say, or only believe what they want to hear.

Instead you should analyze every single decision they make and go from there. Based on science and based on the fact the CDC is inherently political.  

• Like 1
GagaSine

:yennefer::yennefer::yennefer:

I was watching a news story abt the Olympics and they showed footage of an intersection in Tokyo, and every single person was wearing a mask even though they were outdoors. Every single one! Hundreds and hundreds of people! And yet ppl in the west bitch and moan abt even wearing them inside.

That said apparently ppl in Japan are very very vaccine hesitant (according to the news piece I watched), but the point still stands. Wearing a mask is a simple and easy way to ensure you are more protected.

Edited by GagaSine
  • Like 6
Yennefer Stark

Duh. Just because vaccinated people are less likely to get it and have a severe case, doesn't mean we cannot transmit it to others and potentially kill them. 

Everyone who is disagreeing with this is just selfish. 

Formally known as Ibo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Debithius
36 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Why everyone stop wearing it is beyond me :giggle:

You know that the virus won't disappear anyway, right? People will at some point stop, especially since they are vaccinated. People won't wear it forever, and if we are lucky, covid won't give any serious symptoms thanks to the vaccine, to the point where a mask isn't needed. 

Edited by Debithius
  • Like 1
River

tbh even after covid, (if one day) I'm going to wear a mask during the winter and crowed place like the airports for example from now on, I started to feel safer with mask.

"There could be 99 toilets in a house, and it's my house" - River, 2021
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Mister G
30 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Foolish people love to think in absolutes. They either believe everything the CDC says, don’t believe anything they say, or only believe what they want to hear.

Instead you should analyze every single decision they make and go from there. Based on science and based on the fact the CDC is inherently political.  

I said this back in May that they were completely idiotic lifting their recommendations for masks if you were fully vaccinated. They opened the floodgates to unvaccinated people who were already refusing to wear masks, and basing everything on an honor system that is everything but honorable. Now they want to come across as some morally sound corporation. They enabled this mess and the damage is done. 

• Thanks 1
alsemanche
15 minutes ago, Debithius said:

You know that the virus won't disappear anyway, right? People will at some point stop, especially since they are vaccinated. People won't wear it forever, and if we are lucky, covid won't give any serious symptoms thanks to the vaccine, to the point where a mask isn't needed. 

Yeah we stop wearing when we reach a good enough % of people vaccinated because thats how vaccines work. Idk why they just assumed that as soon as they have like 40% vaxxed they'll pretend the virus is gone and everything will be fine. Variants are still popping up, and nothing is 100% effective. Removing masks so soon is a stupid move and it's just making things worse for everyone, especially that now they want to recommend them again but people either won't believe them or will believe that the vaccines are useless. Either way, they f*cked up with that rushed decision.  

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
JRCF29

I did not get the vaccine to go back to wearing a mask a few months later. 99% of people dying from COVID-19 are unvaccinated, and current data says that something like 40% of all "breakthrough" cases are in people with another existing risk factor. 

New England, where I live, has the highest vaccination rate of any region of the country, and my state specifically has vaccinated over 53% of the population (above the U.S. average of 49%). There is no reason to reimpose mask mandates in my area, and I doubt that it will happen at least where I live, regardless of the CDC recommendations

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Healed My Heart

When I went to the grocery store the other day, I was the only one wearing a mask, including employees :vegas:

She/her 💗💜💙
TEANUS

How bout the immunocompromised and those who refuse to get vaccinated continue wearing masks and those who are perfectly healthy, vaccinated individuals who are too scared to live life just stay inside and everyone else just goes about their normal day?

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • LMAO 1
Agunimon

I don't live with immunocompromised people or unvaccinated people. My masks are in the trash. Cheers! :vegas:

Edited by Agunimon
  • Sad 1