Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

To all the artists on here

Hallucinade

Featured Posts

Hallucinade

I have a question to all my fellow musicians here. How do you promote your art?

This might sound weird but I finally have a song that I am confident enough could be like, popular? And I wanna pour my heart into promoting it because I wanna reach as many people as possible. 

The thing is, I love making visuals etc. but I hardly ever post on IG for example and in the age of IG I think this is really bad. I'm too shy for this.

Does any of you have any advice? 

Also if you have a distributor, which one do you use? I use DistroKid and I love it.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a me post if I didn't link to my art at all so here's the cover art of my new song along with a pre-save link if anyone is interested :sara:

https://i.imgur.com/BcXvYwH.png

https://bit.ly/3ruoUKE

And a snippet: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRqtNb6Dz3q/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thank you in advance for sharing your stories:kiss:

• Hallucinade changed the title to To all the artists on here
TimisaMonster

I use DistroKid for distribution. They have a platform you can promote your song on, SLAP i think. 

IG is a great way to get your music ads going 

YouTube videos doing music video, lyric video, q&a, performances, etc

Any other social platforms or forums are a great way to advertise to people as well

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Hallucinade
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

I use DistroKid for distribution. They have a platform you can promote your song on, SLAP i think. 

IG is a great way to get your music ads going 

YouTube videos doing music video, lyric video, q&a, performances, etc

Any other social platforms or forums are a great way to advertise to people as well

Great to have another DistroKid artist here! I think if I want to promote I have to get into social media more true. I have a freelancer friend that does social media pretty well maybe she can help. 

I could also really use a lyric video. I might do one myself, thanks for this:heart:

TimisaMonster
1 minute ago, StopCallingMe said:

Great to have another DistroKid artist here! I think if I want to promote I have to get into social media more true. I have a freelancer friend that does social media pretty well maybe she can help. 

I could also really use a lyric video. I might do one myself, thanks for this:heart:

Yeah I know what you mean tho...it's almost like for anyone to even care about your music, you gotta be like these influencers posting and sharing and commenting 24/7 to build your followers and linking them to your streaming sites. I also use solo.to to have my bio link have all my music, videos, and my merch store all in one link, so if I have a new song or video to premiere, they don't have to leave the platform, they can do it all within my IG, Facebook, or Twitter account. 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

nightadieu

Many artists without a big audience are blowing up via TikTok! They usually give a very little detail on the meaning of the song and then play a snippet of it. If you’re trying to promote your music via social media without spending money for ad placement, I would advise you to look into these kinds of videos because the TikTok algorithm definitely works more in your favor than the Instagram one. If you have the financial capacity to run ads, go for Instagram & Facebook (there is a YouTube Channel that explains the best settings and strategies for promoting your music via sponsored ads… I could look it up but I’m also pretty sure it’s among the top results when searching for it)

Hallucinade
4 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Yeah I know what you mean tho...it's almost like for anyone to even care about your music, you gotta be like these influencers posting and sharing and commenting 24/7 to build your followers and linking them to your streaming sites. I also use solo.to to have my bio link have all my music, videos, and my merch store all in one link, so if I have a new song or video to premiere, they don't have to leave the platform, they can do it all within my IG, Facebook, or Twitter account. 

Okay that is new to me, let me tryyyy it thank you so so much!❤

Hallucinade
14 hours ago, nightadieu said:

Many artists without a big audience are blowing up via TikTok! They usually give a very little detail on the meaning of the song and then play a snippet of it. If you’re trying to promote your music via social media without spending money for ad placement, I would advise you to look into these kinds of videos because the TikTok algorithm definitely works more in your favor than the Instagram one. If you have the financial capacity to run ads, go for Instagram & Facebook (there is a YouTube Channel that explains the best settings and strategies for promoting your music via sponsored ads… I could look it up but I’m also pretty sure it’s among the top results when searching for it)

Thank you very much! I usually run IG ads as soon as something drops. I experienced, that because of my location tiktoks usually never reach a lot of people but it's always worth a try

Archived