HofG not finished, not ready for the Vence Film Festival

WhereIsLG7

Featured Posts

thehanyo
6 hours ago, Stef said:

Odds of this getting pushed back to spring 22 :poot: place ur bets now 

3 hours ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

i have literally said this since it was beiing produced :air:

LG is clearly in her Italian era right now in preparation for Gucci tho!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

I hope it still does as well as ASIB or better tho :ohno:

pedrohemg

We don't know many things about the movie though. Strange that sites like showbiz411 hasn't posted anything about it. I'm not talking about leaked pictures, but information coming from true insiders working on it. 

InTheCloset
8 hours ago, Helxig said:

Sad news, but hopefully this means they are really taking their time to edit/colour/score it to perfection!

would it affect oscar chances?:saladga: how important is it for films to premiere at such festivals?:messga:

The abyss stares back

jacs vs looser
30 minutes ago, VoidTwo said:

Sorry but didn't we know this since some months already? 

Yeah, I also remember reading over a month ago that it was pretty much confirmed it would not be ready for Venice. 

mindintransit

HOG finished filming TWO MONTHS AGO. Ridley Scott put together his perfect cast, filmed in multiple (beautiful) locations and the movie takes place over two decades. He never intended to rush through post production. The release date is only six months after filming wrapped. Film festivals are great but the focus is on November 24.
I'm sort of obsessed with movie discussion sites and I never read any talk about HOG going to Venice because there was never any expectation at all that it would or could go to Venice. There is of course a lot of talk about HOG – that it's one of the most highly anticipated fall films and very much in the oscar conversation.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

I hope it still does as well as ASIB or better tho :ohno:

I feel like even if it gets critically panned (tbf, while Ridley is hit or miss his "misses" are rarely truly panned...more like 50% at RT and not 20%)...it's still going to do well due to the cast + topic.

LilyLark
6 hours ago, DrewPa said:

- Given the Gucci family controversy, and the fact that the Italian press thrives on this kind of gossip, presenting the film at an Italian festival was not considered a very wise idea.

This...makes a ton of sense. Films get booed at Cannes (even ones that go on to win awards) all the time but rarely at Venice. However, I could see a campy film with Italian accents "potentially" not going over that well with the Italian media and any local Italians in the audience...so there could be the potential for it to be booed. And if they want this to be awards bait, the "film that got booed at Venice" isn't great PR.

• FATCAT changed the title to HofG not finished, not ready for the Vence Film Festival
Mother of Puppies

Maybe they don’t  wanna go to Italy so they don’t piss off the whole Gucci family :stalkga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

Helxig
14 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

would it affect oscar chances?:saladga: how important is it for films to premiere at such festivals?:messga:

Idk to be honest, but I also don't care that much :shrug: 

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Siena

I mean it would’ve been amazing to have another iconic Venice moment like with ASIB, but was it ever supposed to premiere in Venice? It probably was never a plan to begin with and they still have 4 months until the November release date so I doubt this is a sign the actual premiere is going to be pushed back. 

Archived