đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard Hot 100 predictions (July 31, 2021)

WorldPeaceTreaty

Featured Posts

P0JffionRowQat

I don't  like  BTS's last 2 songs.

However, there's  a lot of people do like those songs.   Here's proof.

https://youtu.be/WlIZNFhoqto?t=225

Maybe it's those people from NY who buy the songs to keep BTS at #1.   lol

Teletubby
5 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

they should change the rules. charts dont even feel authentic now with all the mass buying. 

they could count every version of song separately. BTS are selling multiple versions of the same song, they even have original version but with alternate cover and it counts toward Billboard :smh: they could also limit purchase to 1 per customer, now it is 4.
It would affect many artists and if someone would release remix (like Doja Cat added Nicki Minaj to Say So or Megan Thee Stallion added  Beyoncé to Savage ) then this song wouldn't so easily get #1. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

littlepotter
9 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

they’re still buying butter wtf

Imagine all this money going to charity instead, we'd have world peace :lmao:

chaeri pls

Ororo Munroe

As much as I hate what's going one with BTS mass buying, we have to admit that they are not the ones who started it 

Taylor and her 1000+ versions of Willow to top the chart, Scooter and his schemes for Stuck with U 

Billboard should do their damn job and reflect what people actually listen to and not what loyal fans from big fandoms are willing to buy 

Because right now this is a joke poor Olivia 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Blown Away
10 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

As much as I hate what's going one with BTS mass buying, we have to admit that they are not the ones who started it 

Taylor and her 1000+ versions of Willow to top the chart, Scooter and his schemes for Stuck with U 

Billboard should do their damn job and reflect what people actually listen to and not what loyal fans from big fandoms are willing to buy 

Because right now this is a joke poor Olivia 

I very much agree with this one. Either let the remix chart separately or only count the version that racks up the most points.

If a song is remixed for single release I'm fine with it. Remixes can help a song to cross over to other genres that otherwise wouldn't play it.

Example: When E.T. became the fourth single of Teenage Dream, the Kanye West version was released from the start and it became hit on its own strength.

Releasing a remix of a song just for the #1 or a high peak is stupid in my eyes. Just accept the song wasn't as successful as you had hoped and move on...

Example: The Missy Elliott remix of Last Friday Night, released at the height of LFN's popularity solely to get that #1.

With Butter, the endless remixes and discounts are unnecessary and pathetic imo. Please have some dignity and stop inflating the song's success. There's no denying BTS is mega successful, no need to pull that energy for a fraudulent US #1. 

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Ororo Munroe
24 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

I very much agree with this one. Either let the remix chart separately or only count the version that racks up the most points.

If a song is remixed for single release I'm fine with it. Remixes can help a song to cross over to other genres that otherwise wouldn't play it.

Example: When E.T. became the fourth single of Teenage Dream, the Kanye West version was released from the start and it became hit on its own strength.

Releasing a remix of a song just for the #1 or a high peak is stupid in my eyes. Just accept the song wasn't as successful as you had hoped and move on...

Example: The Missy Elliott remix of Last Friday Night, released at the height of LFN's popularity solely to get that #1.

With Butter, the endless remixes and discounts are unnecessary and pathetic imo. Please have some dignity and stop inflating the song's success. There's no denying BTS is mega successful, no need to pull that energy for a fraudulent US #1. 

I can't even blame BTS stans, like they want their faves to be really successful and fans are crazy about it 

But labels should be punished for this behaviour and the way they encourage fans to buy literally 100 unnecessary versions of the song 

Blown Away
8 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

I can't even blame BTS stans, like they want their faves to be really successful and fans are crazy about it 

But labels should be punished for this behaviour and the way they encourage fans to buy literally 100 unnecessary versions of the song 

I agree, because it's not just BTS. With Stuck With U, Willow, Last Friday Night,  Bad Guy it was the exact same situation.

Even in 2001 it happened with J'Lo song I'm Real. Two completely different versions of the song with different lyrics and everything that charted as one song and went #1.

And in the 90's they halted the CD release of a song if it did poor on radio so that a song wouldn't miss the top 10. They did so with Janet Jackson's Got Til It's Gone, a damn lead single even.

And there are probably a lot more and older examples.

Billboard should indeed try harder to limit chart manipulation by labels. They're always very late with these things.

Ororo Munroe
5 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

I agree, because it's not just BTS. With Stuck With U, Willow, Last Friday Night,  Bad Guy it was the exact same situation.

Even in 2001 it happened with J'Lo song I'm Real. Two completely different versions of the song with different lyrics and everything that charted as one song and went #1.

And in the 90's they halted the CD release of a song if it did poor on radio so that a song wouldn't miss the top 10. They did so with Janet Jackson's Got Til It's Gone, a damn lead single even.

And there are probably a lot more and older examples.

Billboard should indeed try harder to limit chart manipulation by labels. They're always very late with these things.

I mean even Gaga sold jockstraps :selena:

Blown Away
2 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

I mean even Gaga sold jockstraps :selena:

I don't have an issue with that, that's just some merch. Unless it's coupled in some bundle for an album or single, a trick used once or twice by Travis Scott...

Archived