💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Warner Bros. doesn’t plan to return to a movie release model of the past

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

MadreMonster
32 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

but at what price? Are you sure you can evade spoilers during those 45 days windows?? :oprah:

Yes. I don’t follow movies like I do with music. I couldn’t wait 45 days after release to listen to an album but I can wait about a month and a half for a movie.

I don’t have Twitter and I’m only on this forum so not much for spoilers. And if I do get a spoiler, it doesn’t really bother me

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa

Cinema isn’t a live experience, people have big screens with f

good hi-fi system, it costs less, more practical

plus cinema is bothersome for people cause you can’t talk, it’s foolish for many people to go out and then be quiet the whole time.

and it’s a big expensive business even for independent films.

I don’t think snacks are the answer. The art is saturated and there are rare cases of movies that deserve being watched at cinema. The only ones I’d go watch are independant that I won’t find anywhere online and that alone makes it special. 

somehow they gotta make us treasure the experience. Not ad more 3D effects, make 3 hour films of no substance with stale jokes

RAMROD
6 minutes ago, Killa said:

Cinema isn’t a live experience,

plus cinema is bothersome for people cause you can’t talk, it’s foolish for many people to go out and then be quiet the whole time.

If you ever went to a cinema to watch big blockbuster movies, where fellow fans are in attendance, say, MCU movies, for example, you will already know how wrong this perspective is. The energy when hype moments happened in a movies and the audience are all cheering are not something you can replace or have at home.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JohnWayne92
20 hours ago, elijahfan said:

What more do you expect them to give? Movie theaters already look like freaking malls nowadays. I'm sorry, but some things are meant to be seen on a big screen. If big corporations aren't willing to fight for cinema, cinema is going to die, and Covid might have been the last straw. Nothing to be happy about, tbh.

So, I agree with you, but I think movie theatres have lost focus on the experience and more about the look, like you said. 

Alamo Drafthouse and The Warren are two theatres that know about an experience. The first of the two, you can’t talk or use your cell phone. There have been so many movies ruined because people want to be disrespectful and talk or text, or scroll Facebook like the light and everything else isn’t distracting. I didn’t pay $15 to hear or see your dumbass, I paid to be fully enthralled by this film and you are ruining my experience :saladga: The latter, it’s like old time theatres, they have ushers, a restaurant, the pillars are marble, their are murals on the wall, the staff all wear the old suits and the gloves and everything. They have a screening room, which is a smaller auditorium, reclining oversized “leather”seats, a tray of you wanna eat. They have the Directors Suite, 21+ which holds at the most 30 people, you have a server, a smaller more intimate setting, oversized microfiber reclining seats. They have actual IMAX screens, they have regular format, they have 4DX, which is basically a theme park ride, because it includes smells, movement, water, air, lights, etc. They have The Grand Auditorium, which is a MASSIVE screen, sits like an old school theatre, but the walkways are so large you don’t really interact with the people around you, and then their is an upstairs balcony attached that you can watch the film at as well, 21+ with a server  

AMC, Regal, and Cinemarks to name a few of the big ones, do not give a single ****. They have “LIEmax,” at the majority of their theatres, everything is overpriced, everything is sticky, people can talk, text, do what tf they want for the most part. 

As someone who is an aspiring Writer/Director, and a lover of film, I completely agree and hope that theatres stay in some capacity, but I think that they cannot justify the cost of the experience with the experience that the average theatre gives. 

I see movie theatres being reduced to only the special ones. Basically, you can go watch an IMAX or Dolby Movie but if it isn’t released like that, then you gotta watch it at home…which is sad, but with a 70” and a pretty decent sound system, it isn’t all bad. 

Galvon

This makes me sad because I love going to cinema. I actually hate how music, tv shows and movies are treated like some fastfood nowadays. It's fine if you want to watch movies on a streaming service, but not everyone has the biggest screens with the best sound at home.

Killa
43 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

If you ever went to a cinema to watch big blockbuster movies, where fellow fans are in attendance, say, MCU movies, for example, you will already know how wrong this perspective is. The energy when hype moments happened in a movies and the audience are all cheering are not something you can replace or have at home.

This is true indeed. Tho it was also those movies I was mainly critisazing

i was in guardians of galaxy where everyone would laugh, Harry Potter, Jurassic park etc 

indeed theres this sense of belonging a bit like a sport game cheering

i don’t think that’s enough and I also think they’re aware of this and have tried to emulate some of past movies moments

i was never to a premiere tho

Anderson123

Going to the cinema is one of my favorite things to do so the way the pandemic has affected it has really made me sad. I just hope they survive all of this and I'm able to attend it like before. There's nothing like enjoying a movie there. Streaming is good but sometimes it takes me like 3 days to finish a movie because of all the things that distract me at home lol.

Plastic Flower

I don't like cinemas (I don't find the experience to be anything special) but this is a little sad to see. 

Drop it

Archived