💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Warner Bros. doesn’t plan to return to a movie release model of the past

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

elijahfan
3 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Maybe this can force movie theaters to take measures to ensure they survive, like for example not charging a kidney for popcorn and a soda

They charge you a kidney for popcorn and soda because the internet and piracy already hurt them big time. They're charging you this because they need it to survive.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
46 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

I honestly love it - sometimes it takes a lot of energy for me to do things as simple as going to the movies so it’s nice to know I can watch from home!

You could already do that before with home entertainment, so that's not really a valid argument.

Justin Drew Bieber

Being home and watching movies>>>> expensive tickets and $60 snacks

elijahfan

Honestly quite surprised and saddened by some of the comments here. I guess with this kind of spirit, cinema will indeed have a hard time bouncing back.

littlepotter
10 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

They charge you a kidney for popcorn and soda because the internet and piracy already hurt them big time. They're charing you this because they need it to survive.

"We're losing customers to piracy? Let's give them more incentive to stay home by charging them more for popcorn than an entire meal!"

I will never understand this paradoxical argument. They're digging their own grave. They need to come up with innovative ways to make a cinema experience that the customer can't buy at home instead of charging exorbitant amounts for the same exact things the customer can have for much cheaper. You can argue and counterargue all you want but the numbers and the dollars don't lie, if they want to survive they're gonna need to switch up their business model.

chaeri pls

BUtterfield 8

Look, while I’m sad that movie theaters are struggling, if my choice to watch a new movie is from the comfort of my own home or sitting in a packed theater in a pandemic, I’m gonna pick my home.

Hopefully other studios follow suit.

Ronnie

I don’t go to the movies because of other people. It’s so frustrating when you pay good money to see something on the big screen for it to be ruined by immature, rude, and insensitive people that laugh, yell, talk, and/or joke during the absolute best parts of a film. I love watching at home on my 75” 4K television with surround sound. 

RAMROD

Did y'all misunderstanding things? Not sure what are y'all so happy about :billie:

Y'all still need to wait 45 days between theatrical release to home media.   It is a bit shorter, yes. But Warner Bros. movies are still gonna release in a cinema first for 45 days before it is available elsewhere :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

elijahfan
55 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

"We're losing customers to piracy? Let's give them more incentive to stay home by charging them more for popcorn than an entire meal!"

I will never understand this paradoxical argument. They're digging their own grave. They need to come up with innovative ways to make a cinema experience that the customer can't buy at home instead of charging exorbitant amounts for the same exact things the customer can have for much cheaper. You can argue and counterargue all you want but the numbers and the dollars don't lie, if they want to survive they're gonna need to switch up their business model.

They’re charging more to make up for the losses, it’s not rocket science. Only in your head does it seem logical they’d lower their prices. They’re like any other business: they gotta find a way to make the same amount of cash as before and more one way or another. Why do you think concert tickets got so expensive? Because people aren’t buying music anymore. That’s the same thing. Back when everyone was buying vinyls, you could see The Rolling Stones for $10.

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

They’re charging more to make up for the losses, it’s not rocket science. Only in your head does it seem logical they’d lower their prices. They’re like any other business: they gotta find a way to make the same amount of cash as before and more one way or another. Why do you think concert tickets got so expensive? Because people aren’t buying music anymore. That’s the same thing. Back when everyone was buying vinyls, you could see The Rolling Stones for $10.

You kind of proved my point. Concert tickets got more expensive (though 10$ in the Rolling Stones era is about 90$ today) but the difference is that concert tickets sell like hot cakes whereas movie tickets barely sell. Why? Because going to a concert offers the customer an entire unique experience that they could not get any other way. Whereas nowadays with the advancement of home entertainment technology it's getting easier and easier to replicate the cinema experience. Some things just become obsolete and we have to deal with that, just like horses became obsolete when cars became available. Cinemas need to figure out something they can charge us for that we can't get any other way.

chaeri pls

MadreMonster
5 hours ago, elijahfan said:

You could already do that before with home entertainment, so that's not really a valid argument.

Huh?

elijahfan
12 hours ago, littlepotter said:

You kind of proved my point. Concert tickets got more expensive (though 10$ in the Rolling Stones era is about 90$ today) but the difference is that concert tickets sell like hot cakes whereas movie tickets barely sell. Why? Because going to a concert offers the customer an entire unique experience that they could not get any other way. Whereas nowadays with the advancement of home entertainment technology it's getting easier and easier to replicate the cinema experience. Some things just become obsolete and we have to deal with that, just like horses became obsolete when cars became available. Cinemas need to figure out something they can charge us for that we can't get any other way.

Movie tickets barely sell? Have you seen the 2019 numbers?

The issue here is bouncing back from Covid. If you think seeing a big spectacle movie alone in your living room equals seeing it on the big screen with people and the proper sound system, then good for you. Let's just say I don't share that opinion. To me it's as exciting as seeing a concert on DVD - it can be enjoyable, but will never replace the experience it was designed for.

elijahfan
7 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

Huh?

Your comment makes it seem like streaming is finally allowing you to watch movies from home. But you've always been able to do that with DVDs... So I'm failing to see how streaming is suddenly revolutionizing your viewing habits.

MadreMonster
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Your comment makes it seem like streaming is finally allowing you to watch movies from home. But you've always been able to do that with DVDs... So I'm failing to see how streaming is suddenly revolutionizing your viewing habits.

I guess my whole point is if I want to see a current movie, I don’t always have to drive down to the theater and I can watch from home. I don’t have an 8-5 Monday through Friday job where I can be on a consistent sleep schedule - so I’m constantly exhausted and its sometimes nice to just go home and relax and see a current film.

I never said it’s revolutionizing or anything but it’s just better for me personally.

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

I guess my whole point is if I want to see a current movie, I don’t always have to drive down to the theater and I can watch from home. I don’t have an 8-5 Monday through Friday job where I can be on a consistent sleep schedule - so I’m constantly exhausted and its sometimes nice to just go home and relax and see a current film.

I never said it’s revolutionizing or anything but it’s just better for me personally.

but at what price? Are you sure you can evade spoilers during those 45 days windows?? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived