Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kim Petras signs w/ Dr. Luke’s label Amigo Records, under Republic Records

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Ziggy
11 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Can you explain the difference? What is publishing music if not releasing it? 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meruk Holland
11 hours ago, PropaGaga said:

Full-Size-Render-2.jpg

I'm always super put off by anyone that unironically talks about or labels people as SJW's. It just reeks of victim complex, like when comedians talk about "being cancelled for being politically incorrect." "I'm not problematic, you're just too sensitive." Like sure, there may be some legitimate cases, but most of the time, they're probably just douchebags. 

18 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Can you explain the difference? What is publishing music if not releasing it? 

Publishing means that Kim's work as a songwriter is overseen by Dr Luke and his team, whether for her own music or if/when she works for other people. He pays her X amount and guarantees work for her and that her music gets licensed worldwide and she gets royalty checks, and in return he gets anywhere from 10% to 25% of a cut. Because Dr Luke has great writers signed to him, he makes a lot of money just from his writers and getting them booked (they're all over Dua Lipa's album for example), and they all get to live lavish.

Seperate to her deal as a songwriter and because they get on well, Kim has been working with Dr Luke as her music producer. Until a few months ago, she was never signed to him or anyone as an artist. He's produced all her songs to date out of a contract.

From what I am hearing, Dr Luke and Kim teamed up to get their major label deals. Dr Luke is launching a new record label and A&R team at Republic (replacing the deal he has with Sony), and Kim is now officially signed to Dr Luke as an artist and will be his first release under that deal. Republic will also be moving a few artists under Dr Luke's supervision, and he has already done sessions with their two biggest artists.

RainingOnMe
7 minutes ago, Passle said:

Publishing means that Kim's work as a songwriter is overseen by Dr Luke and his team, whether for her own music or if/when she works for other people. He pays her X amount and guarantees work for her and that her music gets licensed worldwide and she gets royalty checks, and in return he gets anywhere from 10% to 25% of a cut. Because Dr Luke has great writers signed to him, he makes a lot of money just from his writers and getting them booked (they're all over Dua Lipa's album for example), and they all get to live lavish.

Seperate to her deal as a songwriter and because they get on well, Kim has been working with Dr Luke as her music producer. Until a few months ago, she was never signed to him or anyone as an artist. He's produced all her songs to date out of a contract.

From what I am hearing, Dr Luke and Kim teamed up to get their major label deals. Dr Luke is launching a new record label and A&R team at Republic (replacing the deal he has with Sony), and Kim is now officially signed to Dr Luke as an artist and will be his first release under that deal. Republic will also be moving a few artists under Dr Luke's supervision, and he has already done sessions with their two biggest artists.

This can't be further from the truth. :lmao:

Kim was never signed, contracted, or published by Luke or RX Songs. She had a deal with BMG Gold since 2014, it's just that she chose to work with a rapist due to them being besties. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Contract this contract that, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Kim's closest collaborator has denied that there was ever a contract, that he introduced them, and that she was "never a struggling artist who had many great deals." 

6 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

This can't be further from the truth. :lmao:

Kim was never signed, contracted, or published by Luke or RX Songs. She had a deal with BMG Gold since 2014, it's just that she chose to work with a rapist due to them being besties. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Contract this contract that, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Kim's closest collaborator has denied that there was ever a contract, that he introduced them, and that she was "never a struggling artist who had many great deals." 

Can't be further from the truth? I have the new single and media release. She is signed to Dr Luke's new Republic label, Amigo Records. Keep your emojis to yourself, when you evidently know **** all.

"Contract this contract that, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Kim's closest collaborator has denied that there was ever a contract, that he introduced them"

I've never discussed this before, but on top of that, I suggest you read. I said there wasn't a contract until recently. Now she is signed to him officially.

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, Passle said:

Can't be further from the truth? I have the new single and media release. She is signed to Dr Luke's new Republic label, Amigo Records. Keep your emojis to yourself, when you evidently know **** all.

"Contract this contract that, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Kim's closest collaborator has denied that there was ever a contract, that he introduced them"

I've never discussed this before, but on top of that, I suggest you read. I said there wasn't a contract until recently. Now she is signed to him officially.

Oop

PropaGaga
10 minutes ago, Passle said:

Nobody is denying she's signed to his new label. I think it was probably made a bit confusing, since you were quoting a post that had quoted another post with a tweet saying Kim claimed she signed with RX Songs years ago when that isn't actually the case. That is what was being argued.

She is signed to RX Songs. The only difference now regarding her publishing is that it is credited as:

℗ 2021 Amigo Records, LLC, under exclusive license to Republic Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc

Amigo Records appears to be the vanity company that RX Songs writers and producers signed to Republic/Universal Music Group as artists will publish music through, as I imagine Republic gets a cut off their publishing.

PropaGaga
2 minutes ago, Passle said:

She is signed to RX Songs. The only difference now regarding her publishing is that it is credited as:

℗ 2021 Amigo Records, LLC, under exclusive license to Republic Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc

Amigo Records appears to be the vanity company that RX Songs writers and producers signed to Republic/Universal Music Group as artists will publish music through, as I imagine Republic gets a cut off their publishing.

Yes, now she is. But her publishing was with BMG from 2014 up until recently. Her 2018 NYT profile confirms this, and you can check BMI as well to verify.

10 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Yes, now she is. But her publishing was with BMG from 2014 up until recently. Her 2018 NYT profile confirms this, and you can check BMI as well to verify.

Either the BMG is non-exclusive, expired, or Dr Luke got her out of it, because since 2018 she has been openly part of Prescription Songs. This video is from June 2018, and you can even see Dr Luke in the audience during her set.

and this interview with Genius is from 2019:

https://genius.com/a/kim-petras-american-dream-june-2019-profile-interview

Whatever the case may be, it is now irrelevant. She signed a new (7-album?) hybrid record/publishing deal with Dr Luke and Republic THIS YEAR.

The Kim fans HATED him because he spoke the truth.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

PropaGaga
25 minutes ago, Passle said:

Either the BMG is non-exclusive, expired, or Dr Luke got her out of it, because since 2018 she has been openly part of Prescription Songs. This video is from June 2018, and you can even see Dr Luke in the audience during her set.

and this interview with Genius is from 2019:

https://genius.com/a/kim-petras-american-dream-june-2019-profile-interview

Whatever the case may be, it is now irrelevant. She signed a new (7-album?) hybrid record/publishing deal with Dr Luke and Republic THIS YEAR.

Kim is in this because Aaron Joseph was the one signed to RX Songs. He has been since 2014. All of Kim's works (including her most recent single from last year) are under her 2014 publishing deal with BMG. The point being made is that Kim was never previously signed or obligated to work with Luke, something Aaron confirmed several times after the Genius interview. Obviously it's all irrelevant now that she is currently contracted, but her original publishing deal and its timing is what was being questioned.

IllusionLover

The day Kim stops working with Luke and Ari leaves Scooter, that day humanity will have hope.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

RainingOnMe
1 minute ago, IllusionLover said:

The day Kim stops working with Luke and Ari leaves Scooter, that day humanity will have hope.

That's not going to happen. They're besties and she'll never stop supporting him. Draw your own conclusions from that... :ohwell:

Archived