💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Lorde accused of copying Lana Del Rey's Wild at Heart

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Lorde released her second single 'Stoned at the Nail Salon'. Some people called out Lorde for "copying" Lana Del Rey's 'Wild at Heart' with the song.

A video in which a fan compares the two songs side by side has been viewed over 200,000 times. However, Lorde is likely not to blame. Both songs were produced and co-written by singer-songwriter Jack Antonoff.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

Windows_Internet_Explorer_Logo.png?fit=6 

Also no one's "accusing" her, people are just pointing out the similarities 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BleepBloop

Stoned was recorded 2 years ago, I HIGHLY doubt this was intentional. Like, be realistic :awkney:

tomsches

OMG 2 bars have the same melody?? She totally copied Lana, because nobody has ever used this melody before. 

3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

However, Lorde is likely not to blame. Both songs were produced and co-written by singer-songwriter Jack Antonoff.

Why wouldn't SHE be to blame? She wrote and composed the song, not Antonoff. He only produced it.

gabeoz
6 minutes ago, tomsches said:

OMG 2 bars have the same melody?? She totally copied Lana, because nobody has ever used this melody before. 

Why wouldn't SHE be to blame? She wrote and composed the song, not Antonoff. He only produced it.

Jack is often heavily involved in the song creation process. Stoned was made way before COCC came out, its not like she heard the album when it released and rushed to copy it with the exact same producer. He more than likely just recycled the melody from one to the other. 

COOOK
2 minutes ago, tomsches said:

She wrote and composed the song, not Antonoff. He only produced it.

That's not strictly how a song is created... :awkney:

COOOK

Was there some livestream or something, of both song's creative process that I missed? Looks like everybody seems to clock who did exactly what... 👀 

Lona Delery

it sounds similar but its deffo not a copy :rip: same producer using a guitar w/ a very distinct sound and there you go

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

enissa11
3 minutes ago, COOOK said:

That's not strictly how a song is created... :awkney:

but it should be, if he put a melody in a vocal line, he should be credited as a writer then.

Mad Architect of Light

Wet Fire

If you all obsessively stick to the same producer for album after album, how can you expect the producer to sound fresh evefy time in every song :triggered:

I mean see, Mark Ronson also gave us some iconic songs. Rehab, Uptown Funk and Shallow. But these three are so different. Mark took the time to reinvent himself. I don't think Jack is getting the space to reinvent himself that much.

Cameltoe Chariot

This is twice now, Solar Power is almost identical to a track off of St Vincent's new album too :messga:

For me the biggest gag is that this would've never even happened if Lorde hadn't moved so far away from her signature sound and gone for this SoCal dreamy late 60s acoustic vibe instead. So now not only has she disappointed most casual listeners - she's also starting to sound like everyone else as well :reductive:

Archived