1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

non of them sing in cursive 

never said they did :whitney:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig
On 7/23/2021 at 6:59 AM, CameltoeKween said:

This is twice now, Solar Power is almost identical to a track off of St Vincent's new album too :messga:

For me the biggest gag is that this would've never even happened if Lorde hadn't moved so far away from her signature sound and gone for this SoCal dreamy late 60s acoustic vibe instead. So now not only has she disappointed most casual listeners - she's also starting to sound like everyone else as well :reductive:

Jeez let the girl try new things and follow what inspires her

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

CautiousLurker

There are plenty of songs that sound similar to one another - so what? It's already been established no plagiarism took places - there's not reason to get worked up over this whatsoever...

I also don't understand why 'signature sound' is so important to some of you - if anything, I imagine it to be a hindrance to the artist cuz you can't constantly chase after something wholly distinct - that's a sure way to end up in a rut where you don't produce any work cuz everything has been done before...

Artists build on other artists' works - that is perfectly fine... Similarities will occur and that is fine also...

Archived