lgbt

Top US Church official resigns after Grindr controversy

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Will Graham
3 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

This priest was part of the group of priests that said Joe Biden should be denied communion because he’s pro choice. 

I've always found ironic and hypocrital that they seem to care so much about people before they're born, but after that they don't give two phuks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Will Graham

• Jill

• BornAsUnic0rn

• enissa11

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Free him. The top administrator of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops resigned after a Catholic media site told the conference it had access to cellphone data that appeared to show he

This is actually scary. No matter the side you stand on with this, that should not be what is happening, and it could be used against anyone in a way it should never be.

I swear tops are just like vegans. They always have to mention it everywhere 

LaLuna

This is sad. From what I understand, this guy wasn't doing anything illegal, it's not like he was a pedo or anything he was just exploring his sexuality. Homophobia in religion is so freaking stupid, just let people live their lives :saladga:

Edited by LaLuna
FATHER, SON, HOUSE OF GUCCI
BornAsUnic0rn
3 hours ago, good said:

We’re all being filed and categorized based on our online and real life choices we think are only knowledge to us.

I know that, but this is the first incident where this was blatantly obvious, there is no desire to hide how unethical this went down, and it won’t be the last incident like that. We should fight against the way this came out and not talk about his homosexuality, because it‘s his to share and he didn’t.

SevenWonder
1 hour ago, Dominic said:

Quite the opposite actually. Religion helped civilization to thrive and blossom. Whether it is applicable in modern society is another topic but definitely not the "worst invention" :)

Really? How so? I think if one does a simple (or even complex) cost/gain analysis of the world's biggest religions for say, the last 2000 years? One could easily surmise it is, in fact, the worst invention.

First, whatever utility it may have helped foster has been tethered to such incredible, almost unbelievavle, bondage, such immutable false promises and outright lies , that it sadly renders the ephemeral benefits it may also illicit far, far less than zero. At least for me. 

Furthermore, most of those benefits could easily have been gained without the negatives that comes with religion. A secular humanist ethic, for instance, has often led to many of the same things a religion might: Feeding the poor, giving a sense of community and fellowship among diverse communities, a feeling of enlightened euphoria, etc. But it can achieve this without the witch burning that seems to be always present within religion and its ever changing "witches" (women, gays, trans, wrong colored skin believers, non believers, the wrong kind of believers, different believers, the believers who live just over that wall, the believers who lives just that wall plus eat the wrong kind of meat, etc).

The "thriving" that churches may have been helped build over the millenia came at such a soul crushing cost. From slavery to colonialism. From death to hubris. I posit had we simply adopted secular humanism as our "religion"? We'd have seen the same great strides in our species without that pesky witch burning and other religious damning fallout.

As to whether religion is the worst invention?

First, there's no point in comparing religion to the "good" inventions (printing press, cotton gin, Gaga's stiletto piano). Those all had nearly total positive outcomes for our species.

But let's compare it to some "bad" inventions: Dynamite. Guns. Things like that. I'd contend religion is worse. Why? Because those items were created with the intent to destroy. Or with the knowledge that destruction would surely be in play. They weren't invented under false pretenses. 

Religion is guilty of something far worse than a bullet wound when viewed over centuries. It's a lie that feeds off the one things humans fear the most: death. And it uses that fear to control and manipulate. And spread hate in the name of "love". That's cruel. And unusual. And, to me, indefensible. 

That's why, to me, it's the worst invention. 

But it's just my opinion. Cool if others see it in a different light.

(Oh, I think spirituality is very good thing, btw.)

• Like 2
BornAsUnic0rn
56 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

This priest was part of the group of priests that said Joe Biden should be denied communion because he’s pro choice. 

I feel bad a gay man had to suppress who he really for most of his life because of the religious beliefs they were indoctrinated with. However, I can’t help but enjoy when these self-righteous conservatives get exposed for behavior they find “immoral.” 

Um, I can not enjoy someone being outed by a company who bought his „anonymous“ web data information. His beliefs and what he did does not matter. He did nothing wrong, so this should not be possible. He wasn’t outed by the websites he used, people seeing him in the bars he visited, or by the people he talked to, he was outed by a company that bought his data to probably use it for advertisement. This should be illegal. And him being „a bad one“ doesn’t make this any less wrong, disgusting and concerning. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. 

• Like 2
Cookie Woman
8 hours ago, Lilmonzter said:

I feel kind of bad for him. 

For whatever reason he got into priesthood at a young age and never got to explore his sexuality.

Later he may have found himself between a rock and a hard place.

Atleast he was on grindr and not doing illegal stuff with the altar boys.

I mean, come on?, cut him some slack. 

Catholics!, what a bunch a drama queens!

:ohwell:

It's horrifying that this is the standard

https://youtu.be/IGWz5psncCI
  • Thanks 1
JusKeepBreathin

I get how we feel about the church. It's justifiable. But no one should lose their job because they have a Grindr account and or frequent gay bars. No matter the profession, even if that profession is a priest. And it shouldn't be don't from illegally obtained private information. 

This isn't a scandal involving underaged kids or prostitution or some other illegal sexual activity. It's just Grindr. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Jill

Honestly, I feel for him. There's nothing wrong with dedicating your life to religion, but imagine the Church you're loyal to doesn't allow you being your true self, and you had to become this two-sided person. Horrible. He didn't deserve this. The Catholic Church should change and start allowing other kinds of people in. We all share the same faith after all.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
Will Graham
3 hours ago, Jill said:

Honestly, I feel for him. There's nothing wrong with dedicating your life to religion, but imagine the Church you're loyal to doesn't allow you being your true self, and you had to become this two-sided person. Horrible. He didn't deserve this. The Catholic Church should change and start allowing other kinds of people in. We all share the same faith after all.

If religion does not allow you to be your true self, you shouldn't follow it. It's a no-brainer.

Jill
6 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

If religion does not allow you to be your true self, you shouldn't follow it. It's a no-brainer.

It actually isn't. Faith is much more than the institutions that represent it. If you want to dedicate your life to faith, there are sacrifices you'll have to make. Not saying they are good, just saying that if your call in life is pursuing faith, then you really don't have much of a choice do you? That's why I think the Catholic Church should modernize.

Edited by Jill
ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, Jill said:

It actually isn't. Faith is much more than the institutions that represent it. If you want to dedicate your life to faith, there are sacrifices you'll have to make. Not saying they are good, just saying that if your call in life is pursuing faith, then you really don't have much of a choice do you? That's why I think the Catholic Church should modernize.

this is what I meant by their logic in my earlier comments 

Will Graham
1 hour ago, Jill said:

It actually isn't. Faith is much more than the institutions that represent it. If you want to dedicate your life to faith, there are sacrifices you'll have to make. Not saying they are good, just saying that if your call in life is pursuing faith, then you really don't have much of a choice do you? 

Denying your humanity... not a fair trade. They say homosexuality is unnatural? Represing your nature, now that's unnatural.

But apparently covering for pedos is ok according to their logic.

Jill
Just now, Will Graham said:

Denying your humanity... not a fair trade. They say homosexuality is unnatural? Represing your nature, now that's unnatural.

But apparently covering for pedos is ok according to their logic.

Again, faith is much more than the institutions that represent it. The Church is the one claiming homosexuality is unnatural, not the religion itself. If you're a Catholic and want to explore your faith and dedicate your life to it, there's no better way to do it than joining the Church, for better or for worse. It's not his fault the Church is full of pedos.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Will Graham
2 minutes ago, Jill said:

Again, faith is much more than the institutions that represent it. The Church is the one claiming homosexuality is unnatural, not the religion itself. If you're a Catholic and want to explore your faith and dedicate your life to it, there's no better way to do it than joining the Church, for better or for worse. It's not his fault the Church is full of pedos.

I would insert a Tyler Durden "Nope, still don't get it" meme if I had one downloaded.

But, to be fair, JC never did say a word about homosexuality, the other prophets did, but certainly not him. And only JC's words should be taken into account by the Church. After all, they're called CHRISTians.