music news

Billie Eilish's splatter-painted “Happier Than Ever” CDs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11

it makes me laugh how some ppl dragged gaga for writing an L in each album but praise billie for splattering paint which literally takes much less work and it is also much more distant as she never even get to touch any cover...

Mad Architect of Light

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

it makes me laugh how some ppl dragged gaga for writing an L in each album but praise billie for splattering paint which literally takes much less work and it is also much more distant as she never even get to touch any cover...

or maybe we just like the fact that she's doing something original and cute? Plus at least she probably knew she wouldn't do her fans justice with the signatures and decided to do something that would be cute and not half assed :poot: 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

StrawberryBlond

I don't know why they went for white paint. I know it matches the colour of her top but white paint splatters always look...unfortunate. In more ways than one. And why paint? It just looks as if the album got accidentally covered, it looks defaced in a bad way, ruining an otherwise lovely cover. Different colours would've made it look really personal as well as you don't know what colour you're going to get. A different touch, to be sure, but unusual choice.

enissa11
8 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

or maybe we just like the fact that she's doing something original and cute? Plus at least she probably knew she wouldn't do her fans justice with the signatures and decided to do something that would be cute and not half assed :poot: 

well, this is an original way to be half assed if you ask me, at least the L is still a signature and we know for sure she touch them, and the signature version of chromatica were THE SAME price as the regular ones, and ppl still dragged her for it lol

Mad Architect of Light

alsemanche
1 minute ago, enissa11 said:

well, this is a original way to be half assed if you ask me, at least the L is still a signature and we know for sure she touch them, and the signature version of chromatica were THE SAME price as the regular ones, and ppl still dragged her for it lol

Because if you're gonna promise fans a signed item, either sign it properly instead of scribbling an unintelligible letter on it or just don't do it, regardless of price. I don't see the point of doing this kind of things if the artist is really not into it or feels like it's too much and they can't handle the amount of items to sign properly. I would have been disappointed if any artist listed a signed item on their website and sent me 1 scribbled letter instead. At least Billie is fully delivering what she promised, a limited edition cover of the album with paint she splattered on it. It looks artsy and cute and it's 10$, aka cheaper than the original, non-limited edition CD.

enissa11
8 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Because if you're gonna promise fans a signed item, either sign it properly instead of scribbling an unintelligible letter on it or just don't do it, regardless of price. I don't see the point of doing this kind of things if the artist is really not into it or feels like it's too much and they can't handle the amount of items to sign properly. I would have been disappointed if any artist listed a signed item on their website and sent me 1 scribbled letter instead. At least Billie is fully delivering what she promised, a limited edition cover of the album with paint she splattered on it. It looks artsy and cute and it's 10$, aka cheaper than the original, non-limited edition CD.

that is the way gaga signs when she is on a rush on the street, it means she not into it? no, it just means she was on a rush and it is still a signed item lol, i still pretty much rather have a signed item that i know she touch than this... And the rest is just your opinion, i personally don't like how it looks either...

Mad Architect of Light

alsemanche
Just now, enissa11 said:

that is the way gaga signs when she is on a rush on the street, it means she not into it? no, it just means she was on a rush and it is still a signed item lol, i still pretty much rather have a signed item that i know she touch than this... And the rest is just your opinion, i personally don't like how it looks either...

There's a huge difference between singing something in the street and buying signed items from a shop... Of course signing something on the go will be sloppy, no one expects otherwise. But when you order an item that you pay for and that takes time to deliver and that is limited edition, the least an artist could do is sign it properly. 

enissa11
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

There's a huge difference between singing something in the street and buying signed items from a shop... Of course signing something on the go will be sloppy, no one expects otherwise. But when you order an item that you pay for and that takes time to deliver and that is limited edition, the least an artist could do is sign it properly. 

what's the difference? it is the exact same L signed on the street or in her house, it is not less signed or "half assed" because of it, she still touched it, and again, your argument doesn't sustain as the price difference is 0, the exact same price that it cost a signed item from the artist on the street, maybe plus the cost of the rush and the work to get it.
The criticism would be fair only if the item had a higher price

Mad Architect of Light

js4754394o9823
1 hour ago, enissa11 said:

i don't  think that people were mad because gaga didn't put enough work in it, but because some got "Lady Gaga" and they got "L"

so you're like "why can't i have the full name too"

+it's so simple that who knows who wrote it

here at least you know what to expect

you can get less or more of the paint, but you are aware of it from the start and you can see it in the video

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

enissa11
2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

i don't  think that people were mad because gaga didn't put enough work in it, but because some got "Lady Gaga" and they got "L"

so you're like "why can't i have the full name too"

+it's so simple that who knows who wrote it

here at least you know what to expect

you can get less or more of the paint, but you are aware of it from the start and you can see it in the video

well, that is fair, but i don't see why make such a deal from it, it was just clearly that she was on a rush and had to fasten the march, it's still a signed item, i wouldn't complain if it was the same price as the regular anyway..

Mad Architect of Light

Archived