Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork Reviews Lorde's Stoned At Nail Salon

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

But her swings at profundity fall short—she is stoned, after all—and the understated production feels eerily reminiscent of another Jack Antonoff joint, Lana Del Rey’s Chemtrails Over the Country Club. “Stoned at the Nail Salon” is most compelling when Lorde lets her anxieties breathe, like when her voice catches midway through, leaving an empty space that’s immediately filled with a bass squiggle. Unfortunately, those moments are few, and in the end, “Stoned at the Nail Salon” feels stuck in a pretty, pedicured bubble

Source:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lorde-stoned-at-the-nail-salon/?utm_brand=p4k&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=twitter&mbid=social_twitter&utm_medium=social

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche

Pitchfork being wrong yet again, groundbreaking 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

OhHenny2020
16 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

But her swings at profundity fall short—she is stoned, after all—and the understated production feels eerily reminiscent of another Jack Antonoff joint, Lana Del Rey’s Chemtrails Over the Country Club. 

:lmao:

weed

same thing so many people are saying in the SATNS thread but here Pitchfork is delusional? :laughga:

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

They're always spot on

we're over

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Chromatography

tbh it’s another miss for me from lorde. i’m hoping i’ll like some album tracks 

ManuelColon

Jack Antonoff keeps producing the same album over and over again and people act like he's a God.

I am bored of everyone collaborating with him and making (I don't want to be offensive but I can't find another word) boring songs.

LG666

Jack Antonoff has had his moments, and I'm ready for fresh and exciting new producers. 

Where are the womxn and non-binary producers???? I'm ready for a world where men are not at the forefront when it comes to production.

ignotus

well, i kinda agree with the Lana references but i still LOVE the song. 

At the end of the day, critics’ opinions are not what your preference in music should be based on. 

if u enjoy the music, just enjoy it. :nick: 

Agunimon
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

sub-buzz-2864-1579807916-22.png?resize=9

The irony of that tweet. I hope Halsey deleted that. Pitchfork's main office is in the World Trade Center in New York.

JgHaus78

I understand the general distaste for Jacks style but Lorde+Lana wouldn’t make that kind of music if they didn’t want too. Can’t wait to hear what else is on the album because Dance until we die, Venice Bitch and writer in the dark were such a highlights in his production catalogue. 

holy scheisse

I have faith the album as a whole will be something to appreciate, but I gotta agree. The song doesn't do it for me either. Solar power is a little more my taste altho still not quite. I loved almost every song from the first 2 albums instantly 😭 we'll see.

Archived