• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

Not into this jack antonoff / Lana / Taylor swift sound 

Glamourpuss
24 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

Lana was lucky she released COCC before Lorde:toofunny:   

I saw this before I heard the song and it does sound like that. 

I do like that album though so it doesn't disappoint me. 

JgHaus78

I don’t expect pop girl vibes from Lorde but this is really boring. Some people always blame Jack but Lorde wouldn’t make music she didn’t want too. I guess I’ll be happy for her and stream it anyways :ohwell: 

Agunimon

People need to give Jack a break. These artists who are friends of his are all coming to him. How many unique sounds can one person create? I'd feel so stressed out if I were him.

Pharamon
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

People need to give Jack a break. These artists who are friends of his are all coming to him. How many unique sounds can one person create? I'd feel so stressed out if I were him.

Ngl true, I like both of the songs they've put out so far but as for Lorde I wish she experimented with other producers too and when it comes to Jack he's under unnecessary pressure.

MessyTop

Meh. Such a boring song. The album is looking pretty basic. We all wanted some good boos, after covid I truly can’t with depressing music. 

ElectricAlley
2 hours ago, Bio said:

These ladies should honestly ditch Antonoff for now. Love him and what he's brought in the last decade and don't get me wrong, this is a lovely song. But girl. this should be on Chemtrails.

Chemtrails, this and the new Clairo album all mesh together in my brain. The production is basically exactly the same. I usually love jack’s production but damn.

RAMROD

What was that? It came and went :bradley:

And then suddenly I listened to Solar Power :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Jase

This is lovely. So wistful. A million times better than the abomination that was the first single. 

Arcadia

So how I feel about this album SO FAR:

Lorde has always had a pretty distinctive sound, I mean Pure Heroine is on a league of its own. Now, even though Melodrama is still produced by Jack it still had a very distinctive Lorde signature all over it. Solar Power on the other hand, it’s really hard for me to associate it with a Lorde album because it really sounds like a Jack Antonoff album, and rightly so. I can’t click with Lorde having a “regular” folk sound. So I’ll need some more time with it, but so far I’m sadly not very excited. I’m sure SP will have some hidden power gems.

• Admin changed the title to Lorde - Stoned at the Nail Salon

Archived