💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

"Permission To Dance" officially debuts at No. 1 on Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Micmaky
43 minutes ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

I don't know, you need to ask Billboard that.  Why would BB let BTS get #1 for 8 weeks?

I actually was responding to your comment that sales = streaming. What Billboard does is up to them so I’m not even saying their number 1s are fake as they abide by the rules. What I’m saying is that it can be seen as fraudulent by a lot of people wondering how songs most people don’t realise exist are multiple week number 1s. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micmaky
34 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Lmao not all these bitter gheys getting triggered because a korean boy band is doing the same thing that their faves did/are doing, albeit at a much grander scale. 

Calling Billboard to change the rules and limit sale per person. Like ehm why? They earn more money this way cuz sales>streams. What's the point of charts & sales? clout and profit. 

I admit that the new BTS song is bland (Butter outsold) and doesn't "deserve" a number 1 but heck, their fans have the time and the money, let them have it. 

Personally I have been listening to BTS since 2014. Blood sweat tears was my top 10 most listened songs of the year it was released 
the issue I have would be the same if Gaga fans did it, you are creating chart peaks that don’t match reality.

more importantly though they are thrashing the BTS brand. Most BTS fans, casual or otherwise, really hate the new songs. You won’t find the truth on Twitter but you will on reddit. Also by making them think everyone’s loving their songs they are going to release more crap with lyrics like sing song and ding dong. 

BUtterfield 8

Why are y’all mad that BTS, who currently has one of the most biggest fandoms in music, are able to get them multiple #1s?

P0JffionRowQat
9 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

I actually was responding to your comment that sales = streaming. What Billboard does is up to them so I’m not even saying their number 1s are fake as they abide by the rules. What I’m saying is that it can be seen as fraudulent by a lot of people wondering how songs most people don’t realise exist are multiple week number 1s. 

Then you missed my points entirely.  I had several points, but I never said sales = streaming.

911OnMe
20 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Why are y’all mad that BTS, who currently has one of the most biggest fandoms in music, are able to get them multiple #1s?

Because at least their latest #1 and Life Goes On are not organic, just from overseas funds which is not reflecting the “real #1 in the US”

also armys are just insufferable, let’s just remember when they lost their Grammy nomination to ROM and they went straight to dislike the video gross vomit GIF

ssslyboy

It's great they have such a strong, supportive fan base.  The challenge is for Billboard is that "top of the Billboard chart" has traditionally meant, to the general public, that is song is widely popular across the country.  It's THE song that the country (collectively) is really into that week.  If it becomes a game of which hardcore fanbase can manipulate their way up, "top of the Billboard chart" just won't have the same ring to it.  It won't mean as much. 

Micmaky

Yeah I’m confused why people are acting like we are super jealous of BTS. I actually listened to them before most of the army. And everyone here is being quite reasonable and saying why we think their ones don’t represent what’s reality. Look if monsters gamed the system to this extent for multiple weeks we would be thrashed and personally gaga herself will probably not support it. 

Micmaky
11 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

BTS have far from the biggest fandom in music. They are barely even known outside their group of fans. They have the most obsessive fans but In a recognition survey of worlds musicians in the UK, they didn’t rank even in the top 100 ( Gaga was 1 btw and she had a 97% recognition rating)

P0JffionRowQat

I agree that BTS fans are obsessive, but as I mentioned in my previous posts, take BTS out of the equation, disregard BTS for a moment and pretend BTS don't exist.  Look at the other artists, do they have enough points to be popular?  300 to 400 points are the bare minimum and are not popular.

When Cardi B's WAP got #1 for multiple weeks last year, WAP achieved as high as 900 points.  Now that's popular.  WAP had several remixes versions too for her fanbase to indulge.  

With the current situation, the other artists barely get 310 points, under 400, and for Billboard standard that's not going to cut it as being popular.  400 points is the bare minimum, and that's not popular either.  Billboard knows what's up, that's why Billboard was disappointed with Ed Sheeran's total points when Bad Habit came out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6iiT51UcAEb0Gs?format=jpg

GP (general public) recognition is irrelevant if they don't spend money to help the music industry grow.  Let me give an example about GP recognition, we all agree that LadaGaga is very well known by the entire country of the United States, therefore she is recognized by the entire GP in the US.    However, when she released Chromatica album last year, she only sold 331K in the US.  What happened?  Why such small sales?  Gaga used to sell 5 million albums in the US for "the Fame" album back in 2008.  So why Chromatica only sold 331K when Gaga was recognized by the entire GP general public in the US?

It goes to show, GP is very fickle.  Just because GP knows a celebrity, that does not mean they are willing to spend money for that celeb.  Jackie Chan is very known by all the GP in the US, but if Jackie makes a movie in the US right now, his movie will most likely flop.  

That's why Billboard knows what's up.  To be recognized as popular, the artists have to rack up at least 500 points or more.

Pennywise

It's funny to me how their stans are reaching to the stars here to prove that they are popular with the gp when they clearly are not :laughga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

P0JffionRowQat

I'm not, I said disregard BTS for a moment, and pretend BTS don't exist.  And look at the other artists, are they truly popular right now.  According to Billboard, they're not.

Roronoa

BTS fans are young and willing to spend money. That’s just how the industry works. At the very moment, they and Swifties are the most dedicated. 

22 hours ago, Glojuice said:

I thought we were discussing the Billboard charts so Korea and Japan would be irrelevant to the US Billboard charts (BTS aren’t even that big in Korea). The consumption of BTS in the US doesn’t match the charts. When you are saying lots of people have bought it so they don’t need to stream that’s actually incorrect because only a few thousand people have bought Dynamite, butter etc and they have bought multiple versions multiple times. And the money is from overseas. Do you see why this could be considered fraudulent? 

"Bts arent even that big in korea" lol they're literally korea's pride. Also how do u know the money is from overseas when they did multiple sold out US STADIUM shows in 2019

Micmaky
47 minutes ago, dzox said:

"Bts arent even that big in korea" lol they're literally korea's pride. Also how do u know the money is from overseas when they did multiple sold out US STADIUM shows in 2019

They actually aren’t that big in Korea. They may be the pride due to fake chart achievements but ask anyone in Korea about BTS and you will find that there are equally  big fandoms for other groups too, not this huge behemoth that army make bts seem. 

literally a quick Twitter search will show you all the overseas money being collected over PayPal to be sent to the US to a small group of fans to buy to game the charts. Pretty sure most of the army don’t even deny this so it’s not like im exaggerating. 
An online publication wrote an article about this but the fandom did their usual threats etc so it really makes other journalists scared possibly for their lives to write anything anti bts. 

Archived