💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

"Permission To Dance" officially debuts at No. 1 on Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Micmaky
6 hours ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

I agree that BTS fans are obsessive, but as I mentioned in my previous posts, take BTS out of the equation, disregard BTS for a moment and pretend BTS don't exist.  Look at the other artists, do they have enough points to be popular?  300 to 400 points are the bare minimum and are not popular.

When Cardi B's WAP got #1 for multiple weeks last year, WAP achieved as high as 900 points.  Now that's popular.  WAP had several remixes versions too for her fanbase to indulge.  

With the current situation, the other artists barely get 310 points, under 400, and for Billboard standard that's not going to cut it as being popular.  400 points is the bare minimum, and that's not popular either.  Billboard knows what's up, that's why Billboard was disappointed with Ed Sheeran's total points when Bad Habit came out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6iiT51UcAEb0Gs?format=jpg

GP (general public) recognition is irrelevant if they don't spend money to help the music industry grow.  Let me give an example about GP recognition, we all agree that LadaGaga is very well known by the entire country of the United States, therefore she is recognized by the entire GP in the US.    However, when she released Chromatica album last year, she only sold 331K in the US.  What happened?  Why such small sales?  Gaga used to sell 5 million albums in the US for "the Fame" album back in 2008.  So why Chromatica only sold 331K when Gaga was recognized by the entire GP general public in the US?

It goes to show, GP is very fickle.  Just because GP knows a celebrity, that does not mean they are willing to spend money for that celeb.  Jackie Chan is very known by all the GP in the US, but if Jackie makes a movie in the US right now, his movie will most likely flop.  

That's why Billboard knows what's up.  To be recognized as popular, the artists have to rack up at least 500 points or more.

Why would we take BTS out of the equation when they are the ones with the fake number 1. Let me give you a like for like analogy.

imagine a famous Korean artist competed for the UK for Eurovision. Their song is awful similar to PTD and hardly anyone really likes the song. A group of fans in Korea raise money for people around Europe to vote for this artist. So a majority of Europeans didn’t actually vote just a dedicated few multiple times with overseas money.  The artist wins Eurovision and the second place didn’t get as many points as winners usually get? 

I think almost everyone would agree that the winner doesn’t represent reality and people can defend the methods of the army as much as they want but it’s almost exactly a similar situation. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P0JffionRowQat
34 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

Why would we take BTS out of the equation when they are the ones with the fake number 1. Let me give you a like for like analogy.

imagine a famous Korean artist competed for the UK for Eurovision. Their song is awful similar to PTD and hardly anyone really likes the song. A group of fans in Korea raise money for people around Europe to vote for this artist. So a majority of Europeans didn’t actually vote just a dedicated few multiple times with overseas money.  The artist wins Eurovision and the second place didn’t get as many points as winners usually get? 

I think almost everyone would agree that the winner doesn’t represent reality and people can defend the methods of the army as much as they want but it’s almost exactly a similar situation. 

Ah, I get what you're saying.  Olivia would get #1, if BTS does not exist.

Here's the thing, this is all Billboard's idea.  BB is using BTS generate the public's hate, to boost sales, to help the music industry on the down turn that is going through low sales.

According to BB, Olivia at 2nd place with 310 points is very low, and not popular at at.  300 to 400 points is the bare minimum for BB standard.  To be popular, they have to get between 500 to 900 points, like Cardi B's WAP last year.

BB wants to push any artists under 400 points down to 2nd place, and BB is using BTS to encourage the public to start buying more albums & singles.

The downturn started even before the pandemic, how can Gaga with her huge GP name recognition, only sold 331K for Chromatica?    BB is trying to get the public to start buying albums and singles more.

Micmaky
6 hours ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

Ah, I get what you're saying.  Olivia would get #1, if BTS does not exist.

Here's the thing, this is all Billboard's idea.  BB is using BTS generate the public's hate, to boost sales, to help the music industry on the down turn that is going through low sales.

According to BB, Olivia at 2nd place with 310 points is very low, and not popular at at.  300 to 400 points is the bare minimum for BB standard.  To be popular, they have to get between 500 to 900 points, like Cardi B's WAP last year.

BB wants to push any artists under 400 points down to 2nd place, and BB is using BTS to encourage the public to start buying more albums & singles.

The downturn started even before the pandemic, how can Gaga with her huge GP name recognition, only sold 331K for Chromatica?    BB is trying to get the public to start buying albums and singles more.

I think you give too much credit to Billboard. Firstly sales will die out in the next few years, I’m sure there will be more evolved forms of streaming but sales will disappear soon enough. There have been many cases where not that popular songs were 1 and to be fair Good 4 u is huge, it’s one of the biggest hits we have seen in a while. Butter and Permission to dance are songs barely anyone knows or even likes (most BTS fans admit that the songs are really bad compared to their authentic older material). 
also the theory that billboards trying to give number 1s to illegimate number 1s so that they can improve the sales of the music industry is quite far fetched. Billboard as a private entity can do whatever they want include change the rules from week to week (like they did for Dua) but that doesn’t mean that we can’t question it. 

P0JffionRowQat
6 hours ago, Glojuice said:

that doesn’t mean that we can’t question it. 

Except, not once you question Billboard, you only talk about BTS and their fans.  While I'm trying to figure out why BB allows 2 terrible songs on top of the chart for weeks.  

I asked you before to ask Billboard, and this is the answer you gave me => you wrote "What Billboard does is up to them so I’m not even saying their number 1s are fake as they abide by the rules."

You're going after BTS, makes no sense because BTS cannot be on the chart if Billboard doesn't allow them to.  So the curiosity should be toward Billboard.  

Micmaky
2 minutes ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

Except, not once you question Billboard, you only talk about BTS and their fans.  While I'm trying to figure out why BB allows 2 terrible songs on top of the chart for weeks.  

I asked you before to ask Billboard, and this is the answer you gave me => you wrote "What Billboard does is up to them so I’m not even saying their number 1s are fake as they abide by the rules."

You're going after BTS, makes no sense because BTS cannot be on the chart if Billboard doesn't allow them to.  So the curiosity should be toward Billboard.  

I'm actually not going after BTS but the army who are creating a fake reality of the number 1 song in the US. And you are right Billboard are corrupt and should be held accountable.

P0JffionRowQat
11 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

I'm actually not going after BTS but the army who are creating a fake reality of the number 1 song in the US.

Same thing, army cannot do anything if Billboard doesn't allow BTS to chart.

And you are right Billboard are corrupt and should be held accountable.

I'm not  army, that's why I tend to agree with you on a lot of things including the 2 songs I believe are terrible.  I think the blame for the terrible song PTD should go on Ed, since he wrote it.  lol

And you are right Billboard are corrupt

Anyway, yes I agree.  <smile>

Jewels n Drugs

Poor olivia would have had a 10week #1 smash if it wasnt for this trash

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

JusKeepBreathin
On 7/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, P0JffionRowQat said:

Streaming is not the best way to measure popularity either because there are thousands of companies that fraudulently sell playlist spots to artists to manipulate streaming numbers.

Streams are weighed less on the BB-Hot100 because 1 stream is equivalent to 1 view on youtube, sales are still the traditional way and the best way of consuming music.  Billboard counts streams less as streams don't make as much money for the music industry as sales are, most of the streams' profit goes to Spotify or Apple Music.  While Sales' profits can distribute to music labels and to artists throughout the music industry, so Billboard Hot100 weighs more on sales for that particular reason, it's better for the music industry as a whole.

Are there more popular artists in the US right now?   Let's take BTS out of the equation right now, let's say BTS does not exist.  Shouldn't the most popular artist in the US have at least 130K in music sales?  That's a pretty low number, 130K sales is a very low number for Billboard's standard.  If none of the US artists can get 130K sales, then they are not that popular right now.

What's does more money to record companies have to do with popularity? The Hot100 is a popularity chart not a sales chart or a more money to record labels chart. 

Also 144k single sales at $1.29 might make record companies money but at $.69 (which is how much the BTS websites sells it's singles for) streams are making more money. I guarantee you Bieber's new song made more money last week between sales and streaming than a half priced single at 69cents on BTS website. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

P0JffionRowQat
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

What's does more money to record companies have to do with popularity? The Hot100 is a popularity chart not a sales chart or a more money to record labels chart. 

Same questions I had with the other guy, me and the other guy ended up agreeing that these questions should be raised with Billboard to get clear answers.

It could be a popularity chart, but the reality is based on the link I posted, BB counts sales too.  Sales + Streams + RadioPlays = Points.  That's how BB-Hot100 works.  You guys deny that, then y'all denying reality of their chart.
I never claimed BB-Hot100 is a sales chart, I just go by what Billboard has with their formula, and I already posted a link for that to prove their formula.

As for BB using BTS to encourage more sales, that's just my opinion.  Like I asked the other guy, if you don't believe BB is using BTS to increase sales, then ask yourself this question ... Why is BB doing this?  Why is BB allowing BTS to get #1 for 8 weeks in a row with mediocre songs?

I mean, I was trying to help people understand from BB's perspective why they're doing this.  If you guys don't agree BB is using BTS to encourage sales, then why do you think BB is doing this?  

We all can insult Army fanbase all day, but it's not gonna go anywhere, unless we understand from BB's perspective.

1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Also 144k single sales at $1.29 might make record companies money but at $.69 (which is how much the BTS websites sells it's singles for) streams are making more money. I guarantee you Bieber's new song made more money last week between sales and streaming than a half priced single at 69cents on BTS website. 

Again ask BB which makes the industry more money, sales or streams.   Profits for the Labels and for Artists.  Most streams profit goes to Spotify, Apple Music, or streaming platform giants.

I mean, since I gave you guys answers, but you guys don't believe me, then y'all need to ask credible sources.  Ask BB, if you don't believe BB, then ask someone else.  Provide some sources to prove which makes more money for the music industry, streams or sales.

Archived