Jump to content
music news

"Permission To Dance" officially debuts at No. 1 on Hot 100


Featured Posts

Heygirl22

I love bts! I think permission to dance is a great feel good pop song. I’m happy for them Kim Taehyung V GIF by BTS 방탄소년단

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • P0JffionRowQat

    12

  • Glojuice

    11

  • Aloe

    2

  • Sneaky Oliver

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm admiring Dua Lipa still slaying with Levitating for what feels like a decade.

BTS' "Butter" falls to No. 7 after spending its first 7 weeks on the Hot 100 at No. 1. Digital Song Sales:  49,800 sold (down 54%),  streams 11.2 million, radio  29.7 million Driven by its sal

When will their deranged psychotic fans leave the humanity ALONE.  STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

CameltoeKween
21 minutes ago, Aloe said:

like if this fanbase could come together to purchase gagA’s music every week to get them to number 1 we would be celebrating 

I'm not so sure about that. Gaga's success has been mostly organic, and we have the peaks and valleys in terms of hits and sales to prove that. She has maintained her career for over a decade without cultivating a fanbase so rabid that they'll purchase hundreds of repackaged editions of a single to hit #1 on the Billboard Charts.

BTS has all these chart peaks on paper, but does that really matter when no one outside of their fan base listens to them? All of my friends are really into pop music and yet not a single one of them knows a BTS song - they just know ABOUT them. And from what I've seen on GGD as well, this is the case for a lot of people.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aloe
39 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

I'm not so sure about that. Gaga's success has been mostly organic, and we have the peaks and valleys in terms of hits and sales to prove that. She has maintained her career for over a decade without cultivating a fanbase so rabid that they'll purchase hundreds of repackaged editions of a single to hit #1 on the Billboard Charts.

BTS has all these chart peaks on paper, but does that really matter when no one outside of their fan base listens to them? All of my friends are really into pop music and yet not a single one of them knows a BTS song - they just know ABOUT them. And from what I've seen on GGD as well, this is the case for a lot of people.

I know and I completely agree but I’m just saying I know our fan base will be content with the way things were if we were able to come together and organise successful purchase parties for gaga to get her number 1 for weeks. What can billboard do though? It’s really the power of the fans 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agunimon
2 hours ago, SlipAway said:

When will their deranged psychotic fans leave the humanity ALONE. 

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

I will never understand the people who buy multiple versions of a song purely to make sure that an artist hits number 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
36 minutes ago, P0JffionRowQat said:

Many artists' fandoms bulk buy too.

 

 

H. Styles fandom

 

Justin & Ari fandoms:

 

 

5bafe40e069d6fc58fd7aaefab36d81c0bef83e3

giphy.gif

148220_900.jpg

taylor-swift-packaging-her-tim-mcgraw-si

 


except they are actually acknowledged by the media and the locals alike and they take them seriously. Where are BTS noise in that space? Their song never played in any radios or even any walmart for that matter. That is weird for such "popular" and #1 song on Billboard. Their fans can act they rule the world but the fact is nobody know about them nor take them seriously IRL, everything that happened are not organic and solely depends on their fans money.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ your garbage in, is garbage out (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bio
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:


except they are actually acknowledged by the media and the locals alike and they take them seriously. Where are BTS noise in that space? Their song never played in any radios or even any walmart for that matter. That is weird for such "popular" and #1 song on Billboard. Their fans can act they rule the world but the fact is nobody know about them nor take them seriously IRL, everything that happened are not organic and solely depends on their fans money.

Who even listens to the radio anymore tho? And who even cares about what plays there? It’s all payed by record labels so how is it any indicative of success when all you gotta do is drop the cash and your song will keep on rotation?

Let’s not forget Gaga did a contest for fans to buy Applause multiple times and send her screenshots of the purchases in exchange for a trip to Europe and concert tickets. Also, we all remember the buy 10 buy 20 lady :huntyga:

Edited by Bio
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
MadreMonster

See, I feel like I know not a soul who can actually sing or recognize their son. It’s bizarre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
P0JffionRowQat
34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:


except they are actually acknowledged by the media and the locals alike

 

Billboard owns the charts, and they make the rules.  BTS is acknowledged by Billboard, that's all that matters.  
All the artists fandoms  play by Billboard's rules, and BTS's fans play the game better.

 

34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:


 Their song never played in any radios or even any walmart for that matter.

Their Dynamite song played everywhere and went GP.

Butter after 7th week still got 29.7 million on radio.

 

 

34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:


everything that happened are not organic and solely depends on their fans money.

It's not organic when other artists' labels can pay for payola, and pay for better positions on playlistings.

GP is weak at the moment, weak at buying physical sales and digital sales.   BTS is only getting 140K sales per week, the other artists cannot get 140K sales?  That's pretty weak market.  Billboard is using BTS to encourage the Western market to buy physicals better, like the Japan market is.

 

 

 

Edited by P0JffionRowQat
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Knife

Even as a kpop fan, I can't root for BTS and their ham-fisted attempts at courting the American audience.

4 hours ago, Gimme More said:

The UK charts are so much better.

I guess Ed Sheeran being at #1 is the lesser of two evils. :awkney:

Link to post
Share on other sites
StrawberryBlond

There needs to be a rule implemented to ensure that multiple sales from one person doesn't count towards charts. Any remixes you buy, any secondary copies, whatever you do, if you've already done it once, it shouldn't count when you attempt to back it up. The artists will still get the money and it'll still count as a sale but it won't be factored into chart data. This constant occupation at the top by BTS can't go on. It's an official farce at this point. You can't keep getting #1's and have no impact outside your fanbase and be seen as a credible success story. It simply isn't done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...