💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Love, Victor

Eido

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Biagio2103 said:

I watched the entire season in an afternoon, i didn't enjoy it as much as first season but it was still really good. Spoilers incoming

Hide contents

First of all, the whole storyline of Felix and his mom's bipolar disorder was heartbreaking, specially that scene when he arrives at Victor's house with the social worker. It's unbelievable how good Felix understands the seriousness of his mom's mental health and how often this happens with teenagers these days.

Lake was also a great character this season, i think we can all relate to her, and i don't like the fact that Felix broke up with her when she was doing exactly what you're supposed to do when someone is struggling with a mental disease; get professional help.

Mia's story with her father was also very hard and though i really like her, i support his father's decision. She'll get over Andrew soon and make new friends once she goes to college. Back when i was her age i also thought my high school friends were going to be close to me forever, and now i barely know about them, while his father's offer is a one in a lifetime

Andrew's character development was the best thing for me this season, he's finally trying hard to be better and it shows.

Pilar was ok for me this season, i really loved her on the first season but this time around she got kinda lost in the whole Felix crush situation. 

I absolutely loved Armando this season, i wish all fathers were like this. As for Isabel, i think a lot of religious parents can relate to her, i can imagine how hard it was for her to unlearn everything she's been said since she was a child about God and the LGBT people.

Rahim was a really great introduction, but i think his feelings for Victor were very scripted, they were really trying to put them together but i didn't feel any chemistry, just two good friends.

Last but not least, Victor was very annoying to me this season, he didn't make a single right choice during the whole season, and though i know i'm dramatic sometimes, Benji was absolutely right when he said Victor made a huge deal about EVERYTHING. As for Benji, i think they really tried to make him look like Derek last season, but he was right most of the time. Victor shouldn't have told Rahim right away about Benji's problem with alcohol, specially knowing how hard it was for Benji to tell him while being his boyfriend. And Benji was right, Isabel was being too hard on them for no reason (until she saw them having seggs, but damage was already done).

This. Thank you

ThisBitch

In Europe the second season is getting a weekly release on Disney+, starting this Friday :saladga:

34 minutes ago, ThisBitch said:

In Europe the second season is getting a weekly release on Disney+, starting this Friday :saladga:

Yeah... I downloaded it. If they could stop this messy weekly thing when it's already fully released elsewhere, it'd be great 

It's like when they released Mulan (live action) one or two months after the NA and Australia release 

ThisBitch
35 minutes ago, Eido said:

Yeah... I downloaded it. If they could stop this messy weekly thing when it's already fully released elsewhere, it'd be great 

THIS! I'm okay with them releasing the Mandalorian/MCU shows weekly worldwide at the same this. But not this...

MANiCURE 6
Spoiler

I want Rahim and Victor together !! Never liked Benji and Victor together, they're relationship is mostly based on "omg you look hot, I want to be with you" when with Rahim it's more natural and more focus on mental health and personality.

I really hope it's Rahim behind that door.. If not, I'd be truly disappointed.

SwissMonster

Is the second season still pure Queerbaiting? If yes I‘m not watching that straight scheiße again

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Stephen
12 hours ago, IllusionLover said:
  Hide contents

The reason why Rahim can't be the one who's on the other side of that door is because him and Victor just met and it would be so forced if they end up together, they don't have history like him and Benji do, and after what Felix told Victor of who he sees going to prom and doing that kind of stuff with him in my opinion it sounded like Benji.

:ph34r:

Spoiler

Ohh I do agree it would make sense for him to be at Benji's door. I think he should at least apologize to Benji and it makes sense that he wants to make it work, Benji is his first love!  But I think and hope that they will eventually break up, like @MANiCURE 6 said, their relationship isn't really built on anything substantial while he and Rahim have a lot of understanding in common w their family dynamics. 

13 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I want Rahim and Victor together !! Never liked Benji and Victor together, they're relationship is mostly based on "omg you look hot, I want to be with you" when with Rahim it's more natural and more focus on mental health and personality.

I really hope it's Rahim behind that door.. If not, I'd be truly disappointed.

Exactlyyyy

Stephen
11 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Is the second season still pure Queerbaiting? If yes I‘m not watching that straight scheiße again

Not sure what you mean. The first season was Victor trying to figure out/come to terms with his sexuality. The second season is him exploring what it's like to be out and in a relationship. I don't think it was ever queerbaiting.

gagaxsebert

I just binged it all today.

Spoiler

Felix has been my favourite this season. His entire story line with Lake & his mother was excellent. I got so emotional when he was with the social worker. I do think Lake & Felix should be together, idk, I just don't feel anything with Pilar & Felix. Also I liked Andrew & Mia's arc, I do think it was kind of sh*tty of her father but can't wait to meet her mother.

I thought I liked Benji & Victor but they're on two completely different wavelengths. I do think he should be with Rahim. The ending though (they could have given us more than that); I'm predicting he's at Benji's house to break up with him (idk)

I loved Isabell's growth this season. 

My favourite character's this season were Felix, Andrew & Armando. Can't wait for next season.

Used to be HighRoad

I finished it last night and I had a lot of opinions.  I'm dying to have people to talk to it about so I'm gonna post my thoughts

Spoiler

So it might be my point of view coming at this from someone who's almost 30, but I definitely see there's not a "bad guy" in the Benji/Victor relationship.  It was a bit jarring to see them go from decent communicators in the first half of the season to straight up not talking through their problems anymore.  From a writing POV, I think the AA subplot was sloppy and literally just there for more conflict.  I didn't like it at all.  The same thing with Victor saying he "felt something" when Rahim kissed him, it was a writing device for more conflict rather than feeling organic.  But that's what you get when you introduce Rahim in the back half and really only give him and Victor one episode of bonding.  I adored them platonically though, and I can see Rahim crushing on Victor in a sorta gay-hero-worship kinda way.  Since Victor gave him the confidence to be his open self (which, like okay tell don't show but whatever), I don't feel like his feelings are that out of place.

I feel like a lot of the problem with Benji is he kinda has the personality of a brick?  Like, a hot brick, but a brick nonetheless.  In the first season he was very much a prop for Victor's sexuality crisis, but they didn't do a whole lot to make him more of a character in this season.  I absolutely understand and sympathize with his struggle to deal with Victor's family situation but I also feel like he was very dismissive of it all I guess?  A lot of his stuff felt like Pretty White People With Pretty White Problems, which the show touched on and then immediately dropped.  It'd be a much more interesting conflict to tackle than the love-triangle direction they're going for.  And no matter how much of a point he had, he was absolutely out of line for how he spoke to Isabel when she caught them having sex.  You're sixteen, she just caught you and her son having sex with a six year old (or w/e) in the next room.  It's wildly inappropriate regardless of sexuality and she had every right to be upset.  And sir, considering you handled your own struggle with your sexuality by getting drunk and driving through a Wendy's, I think you can be a little more patient with Victor struggling with his family.  The two of them really just need to sit down and hash out everything, raw and honest, and see where they fall after.

Felix is still the breakout hit of this show, his storyline was heartbreaking this season and I was very invested in it.  The complicated feelings between him and Lake were really well handled I feel too.  Lake grew a LOT since the first season and definitely loved Felix more than he loved her.  Deserves better, here for bisexual sapphic Lake in S3 lets go.  A little disappointed to see them go a romantic route with Felix and Pilar, because I thought their platonic chemistry was just PERFECT.  I'm here to see where it goes, but I'm still disappointed.  Woulda been nice to see a straight guy and a straight girl simply being BFFs without any romantic tension.  

Isabel and Armando were also really well done this season.  I loved Isabel's struggle and really empathized with her.  The nuanced point of the struggle between what her heart knows and wants versus what has been ingrained in her by her upbringing was a refreshing take on the struggle to accept homosexuality and it was welcome.  I also liked that she was the one who struggled while Armando came around fast.  Usually these shows use the emotional center of the mom with the more distant disapproval of the father, but it's always nice to see it reversed.  Get those Burt Hummel feels.  The sequence with him at PFLAG and Isabel with the priest was a REALLY great use of cinematography and editing, I LOVED it.  

Mia continues to be a brat and I'm still over her.  "waaa my dad is super successful, in a happy relationship, and got literally the job offer of a lifetime, guaranteeing that I'm never going to struggle in my future... poor me."  Like, again, this may be coming from being almost 30, but everything she's upset about is so trivial and selfish and she always seems to be validated that she's correct when she's clearly not.  She's the child, she doesn't know best.  Her father sacrificing so much to ensure she has a comfortable good life being framed as his selfishness and wrong is something I don't super love.  Her plotline just drags the show down and is frustrating to watch.  Especially when we only have about 5 hours of content, it's just a waste of screen time that could be better used to develop the more compelling conflicts and characters.  No disrespect to the actress, cause she's great and does her absolute best with the material but write her off in season 3 srsly.  Or downgrade her to recurring.  The show would benefit incredibly from using the time they waste on her to actually make Benji a character so we actually can be compelled to route for #Venji for reasons other than "they so cute uwu."

i think that's all i got right now

ALSO can we talk about Nick Robinson's mutton chops :what:  They were NOT it Sir, Simon Spier would never.

• 1 month later...
Focus

Anyone here watched Love, Victor? As someone who didn't watch the simon film and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's one of these rare cases where the 2nd season is sooo much better than the 1st. The muslim gay character Rahim definetly saved the show too, you don't get to see much queer arabs being represented much. Only downfall is that it's unrealistic when every is (or eventually is) accepting. I watched the show specifically because Allie X's soundtrack Private Life lured me there (plays at S2E9) and honestly the track had 0 business being so. 200.gif f*cking. 200.gif good. 200.gif 

I was also really bummed with the lack of chemistry between Benji and Victor but season 2 fixed that for me. It's your average netflix-y show where every 16 year old high school student is attractive, drives their own cars, and has 10/10 charisma which was also a bummer but the characters were pretty likeable. The drama and character development had me shook throughout the show :flutter:

Archived