Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Variety's Oscars experts predict category noms for Gaga next year!

Jase

Featured Posts

Roseblud Kisses

Unless Linda Perry decides to intervene :stalkga:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I kinda wish they won't hype it up because that can backfire :gum:

I'm hoping for the best but there's SO much competition this year.. I do think Jennifer Hudson has a very good chance of winning, the trailer looks really good

chromaticainmyhead

how is it possible that Gaga on that list when nobody has seen the movie yet ? :oprah: slé tho :vegas:

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

JusKeepBreathin

I love Gaga but have they seen the movie? How can she already be a front runner right now?

Are the Oscars just a popularity contest too?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Reality

What about Ana de Armas for Blonde? I definitely think she's getting nominated.

🃏🖤👹

Jase
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

There is no way Jennifer Hudson is not winning for Respect. I will be more than happy if Gaga secures another Best Actress nomination though. 

Yup. Even if she doesn't win, if she gets nominated again, that's still huge. 

suchheights8
2 hours ago, GucciGa said:

She tweeted that the way the media was behaving towards her was brutal and that she hoped Rob and Kristen were OK. And trust me, just that tweet alone was huge bc social media went nuts at this story bc Twilight was at its peak popularity and they were very much tabloid fixtures. I remember some industry type ppl making snidey comments and I still side eye them. 

Its funny because twitter pile ons are pretty much a daily occurance now but back then I feel like twitter was a lot calmer and more fun, so seeing all that go down was gross. 

Thank you! Agreed, it was almost like the beginning of cancel culture back then and Kristen and Rob were as you said the tabloids were brutal. It’s good to know the kween practices what she preaches. 

Thomas P
4 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

Bookmark me: Martha Plimpton will not only be nominated but also win for 'Mass'

I agree. There’s too much buzz around all the performances in that movie for something like this outcome to not happen.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

littlepotter
4 hours ago, GucciGa said:

So back in 2012 when the ridiculous "scandal" of Kristen Stewart cheating on rpattz was breaking on social media and everyone was ripping into Kristen, calling her all sorts of names guess who was one of the only people to defend her? GAGA. I was a pretty casual fan at that time and it was one of those times where I realised what a decent person she was bc she didn't jump on the bandwagon. She was concerned for both Kristen and Rob and the way the media was acting. So that's why I don't get mad at the kindness stuff bc I know she actually means it. 

I will never understand when people complain about her "kindness" thing, like she is clearly genuinely a kind person and too many people think being mean counts as a personality when they're just coping with some sort of insecurity and need to project it. If people actually took her advice and practiced being kind intentionally they'd realize it's a much more pleasant way to live your life.

chaeri pls

GucciGa
2 hours ago, Ivy said:

Well I kinda wish they won't hype it up because that can backfire :gum:

Little monsters will call it a flop if it doesn't get Oscar noms 

😇

LilyLark
2 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I love Gaga but have they seen the movie? How can she already be a front runner right now?

Are the Oscars just a popularity contest too?

Yup, the Oscars basically are a popularity contest combined with a "right type of director/genre of film" angle. Cronenberg is one of the most acclaimed contemporary directors but isn't well liked and his films are generally too "weird" for the Academy.

Most of the time a few people have seen a film or scenes from a film—even if it's half finished and still in post production—before it even premieres at a festival. That's where the Oscar buzz often comes from. With the Pablo Larrain/KStew film, apparently some people have seen it even though it's not even been screened yet and the buzz is really strong. Sometimes the "buzz" is simply based off the director/star or the project....like zero people may have seen an upcoming movie with Meryl but since it's Meryl there's a good chance she'll be nominated. The Academy also loves Edgar Wright, which is where I'm guessing the Haley Bennett prediction is coming in...

• Jase changed the title to Variety's Oscars experts predict category noms for Gaga next year!
14 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

Little monsters will call it a flop if it doesn't get Oscar noms 

Well LMs can get little depressed when Gaga doesn't get the recognition that she deserves :diane:

But I was talking about the effects on critics and Oscar voters :messga:

Archived